[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How'd Sega manage to get someone as big as Michael friggin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
File: michael-jackson.jpg (53 KB, 635x471) Image search: [Google]
michael-jackson.jpg
53 KB, 635x471
How'd Sega manage to get someone as big as Michael friggin Jackson to help out on the Sonic 3 soundtrack?
>>
They had already collaborated in a genesis and an arcade game. And then this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnCvZ-yBOs
>>
File: 4u.png (30 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
4u.png
30 KB, 245x250
>>3127606
>as big as Michael friggin Jackson
>>
Because by the 90s he needed the money to pay off all the kids he fondled.
>>
>>3127606
MJ loved video games almost as much as he loved shota cocks.
>>
File: 1419694820869.jpg (74 KB, 526x567) Image search: [Google]
1419694820869.jpg
74 KB, 526x567
>>3127606
>friggin
>>
>>3127625
>saying f*ck on a blue board

I'm trying not to get banned here
>>
>>3127620
Don't we all?
>>
>>3127610
In early 90s MJ was rich enough to buy the rights to every Beatles song published in the US and then Sony bought them from him for even more. In fact there wasn't a single instant in time when he was "poor"
>>
>>3127610
>lol, I totally know what I'm talking about
>>
>>3127620
Gotta remember, he pretty much had the mentality of a little kid all through his life due to stunted mental growth thanks to his retarded cunt family and their showbiz foolery.

Lots more games on the Genesis appealed to "sleepovers" than on the SNES. Lots more arcade goodness vs. the SNES' lengthy RPGs and single-player-oriented platformers.
So naturally, kids at Neverland probably played his Genesis much more than any N consoles he had.
>>
>>3127630
>accusing me of liking video games
What did I do to you?
>>
It's because Sega had already made a game based around him: Moonwalker.
>>
File: KingShow.jpg (28 KB, 456x338) Image search: [Google]
KingShow.jpg
28 KB, 456x338
They already got someone big in japan, Masato Nakamura, for Sonic 1 and 2.
Why not MJ for Sonic 3? Sonic was Sega's flagship franchise and they were at the top of the wave, might as well go all out.
>>
File: images.png (11 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
images.png
11 KB, 224x225
>>3127626
>>
>>3127606

http://testkitchen.huffingtonpost.com/michaeljacksonsonic/

>And so, late one afternoon, Roger Hector got a call: Jackson would be coming to visit Sega. "He wanted to drop by and say hello," Hector recalls. "There was no agenda beyond it other than, he really, really liked the game. He enjoyed playing it a lot and he wanted to meet the people behind it."

>Then, as Hector tells it, one of the Sonic 3 developers asked whether Jackson would like to write the music for the new game.
>>
Sega payed him in little boys
>>
File: 1413515566946s (1).jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1413515566946s (1).jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>3128169
You do know that "Big in Japan" is the original meme right?
>>
Because black people love Sega Genesis

>>3128284
Cheap Trick started that meme
>>
>>3127606
mj probably liked sonic (and he liked kids...) and i get the feeling that fag just did stuff he liked to do, which I guess is what anybody should be like (except when you like kids...) so there you go.

sonic/sega were p big, too, back then.
>>
>>3127606
so is the sonic 3 soundtrack really all MJ's work?
>>
>>3128343
Well it does have one of the worst soundtracks in the classic series next to SCD so most likely yes
>>
>>3128343
nope but some of it definitely is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55rtX4wCJPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBTAGVnfXAw
>>
>>3128363
what about this one? I love this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GWv8JaJpc8
^sounds p MJ to me.

Is there like a confirmed list of tracks that are MJ and which aren't?

Why did Sega drop the deal? Because of the pedo accusations?
>>
File: 300px-Michael_jackson.jpg (27 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
300px-Michael_jackson.jpg
27 KB, 300x256
MJ was a Sega guy for years. If you look up his old arcade, you can see plenty of Sega games.
>>
>>3128476
>Because of the pedo accusations?
That's what I read, although Sega never actually said that with all words of course.
>>
>mfw michael jackson is literally the defining example of arrested development in childhood

>mfw he would probably would have posted on /vr/ if he wasn't famous
>>
>>3128476
Nah, that's Japanese. That doesn't negate the majority of the songs being based on Jackson's unreleased work.

>Is there like a confirmed list of tracks that are MJ and which aren't?

The ones replaced on the PC version:

Competition mode
Knuckles/Mini Boss
Carnival Night
Ice Cap (actually Brad Buxer, Jackson's collaborator)
Launch Base
S3 Credits
>>
>>3128501
you mean, if he wasn't dead.
>>
>>3128643
If he wasn't famous he wouldn't have been able to afford that high grade cocktail of drugs
>>
>>3127626
posts like this always make me laugh the most
>>
>>3127606
Jacko lived in the area, and loved Sega games (owned several arcade machines too). So he visited their HQ all the time. Former SOA programmers gave anecdotes about that all the time, they were busy doing code/art/music when all of a sudden Michael Jackson just opened into the room to check on what awesome game they are building at the time.

And I'm not exaggerating, this is exactly what happened.

After that they eventually came up with putting his music in the game. The deal then fell through, and due to legal obligations, no party is allowed to reveal exactly why.
>>
>>3128643
I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed that in the last few years of his life, he was just posting on 4chan all day long.
>>
File: 1350842301588.jpg (66 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1350842301588.jpg
66 KB, 400x300
>mfw they tried getting him to write for the Genesis soundchip instead of making the deal a year earlier for Sonic CD
>>
>>3129738
Time to dig through the archives and deduce which posts were his.
>>
>>3127626
https://youtu.be/pYqLuDzFVzQ?t=2m26s
>>
>>3127632
>Gary, Indiana
>>
>>3127635
I don't see a down side being MJ's bf. He seems gentle enough and you get all those free video games and rides. Childhood only lasts until your 10 anyway. After that life is pure misery and shit. I'd rather cuddle/sleepover with MJ than have an alcoholic abusive father or something.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvnsriLZvL0
>>
>>3131118

Gary was a beautiful city up into the 1970's when Jacksons had already left Gary.

and Joe Jackson had a decent, middle class job at US Steel. money was tight because they had so many kids, but the Jacksons were not poor, and for an African-American family in that time period they were better off than most.
>>
>>3131920
Single parent homes are really what causes poverty in black communities; unfortunately not enough black households have a married two parent family.
>>
>>3131118
>>3131920
Gary was like most of the Rust Belt, nice middle-class town in the post-WWII period until welfare and the bleedout of jobs happened after 1970.
>>
File: 1442891856007.gif (767 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1442891856007.gif
767 KB, 250x250
>>3127632
>In fact there wasn't a single instant in time when he was "poor"
>>
>>3127632
He sold those rights because he was in crippling debt. Were you not aware of the sale of almost his entire estate to pay back his creditors after his death? This was pretty big news.
>>
>>3128185
Jokes aren't bait you dumby.
>>
>>3129730
Could you imagine working on something so cool even Michael Jackson wanted to check it out?
>>
>>3129828
That wouldn't have worked anyway. Sonic 3 was developed in America by Sonic Team and STI, Sonic CD was strictly a Sega of Japan development, no baka gaijin allowed.
>>
>9 or whatever kids
>exactly one had any talent
>>
File: cropped-stickup.png (188 KB, 410x350) Image search: [Google]
cropped-stickup.png
188 KB, 410x350
because sonic was a CIA psyop to induce autism in black youth by hooking them in with a sense of 90's cool and and regressing them into an indefinite child-like state and therefore less likely to organize (keep in mind this was right after the LA Riots) they needed some of that HEEWWWW HEWWW SHAMONA to appeal to youth on a subconscious level. Trust me when I say jacko did a lot more than just the soundtrack, although it is unclear how aware he was of the project.

To make a long story short he got cold feet so they slapped him with a diddling case and the rest is history.

But seriously just look at the results of this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecIRHAsrQ1Q&nohtml5=False
>>
>>3133272
>being this b8'd and retarded
rly m8...
>>
Was MJ a pedo /vr/? Did he do it? :(

I'd like to thing not...
>>
>>3127606
Overrated shits always seem to like sega
>>
>>3128363
lol I can see why he apparently didnt like sega's chiptune thingie.
>>
>>3134224
No. The father that accused MJ of being pedo abused his son and would later kill himself, an admission of guilt.
>>
>>3133272
Yes, but you can still break GR6 in the process
>>
>>3134230
>The father that accused MJ of being pedo abused his son and would later kill himself, an admission of guilt.
source?
>>
>My was such a pedo and was never poor
>lol, I was totally alive back when MJ was
This thread.
>>
>>3134584
>>lol, I was totally alive back when MJ was

I seriously doubt anyone here wasn't alive in 2009.
>>
Why would anyone think sega managed to "get" MJ? It's a ludicrous idea. MJ was doing exactly as he pleased. He likely approached them saying he'd like to do something. When you have everything you get to do exactly what you like. Why else would it be, money from Sega? lol.

He seemed to have done it in secret, sort of like Stephen King's pseudonym books. Pretty brave.
>>
>>3134645
>Why would anyone think sega managed to "get" MJ?

Because all the memorable videogame appearances of MJ were in Sega games (Moonwalker and Space Channel 5).
>>
>>3134584
>>My was such a pedo
lol good job on the freudian slip faggot
>>
>>3134737
>projecting a Freudian slip onto an autocorrect typo
>calling the other person a faggot
>>
>>3134975
>getting this defensive over internet bantz
>implying you're not actually a pedo
:^)
>>
>>3135695
>using emoticon that looks eerily like creepy MJ pic in OP
>implying that you're not the pedo
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.