[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is BS Zelda (talking about the "remake" of Zelda 1)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: bszelda.jpg (114 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bszelda.jpg
114 KB, 640x480
Hey, I was always curious why the Super Nintendo never got a second Zelda despite being a successful and long lived console. It turns out that the BS Zeldas (the Zelda 1 remake and Ancient Stone Tablets) are a bit of lost Zelda titles.

Anyway, I am more curious about the Zelda 1 remake of the BS titles. How does it stack up compared to the original Zelda? Does it improve on it a lot, and is it even worth to play?
>>
As far as I know it's the exact same thing with better graphics but you play as a stupid kid with a baseball cap instead of Link. Your pic is from a romhack that replaces him with Link.
>>
File: bs_zelda_no_densetsu_screen_5.jpg (235 KB, 512x446) Image search: [Google]
bs_zelda_no_densetsu_screen_5.jpg
235 KB, 512x446
>>3121481
>>
It's bullshit.
>>
>>3121475
It's shovelware that isn't worth the effort needed to play it. Just play it on NES. Zelda games have a long R&D time, which is why it takes so long to get one out. Also, happy 15th birthday OP.
>>
>>3121497
>I'll call the OP young, that's always gonna be fresh
Bores me, though.
>>
>>3121497
>Zelda games have a long R&D time, which is why it takes so long to get one out.
You need to sleep, anon, you're not making sense.
>>
>>3121505
Uh, no that makes sense.
>>
It has a BS timer and some other changes. Plus there are two versions of a map. There are patches that make it as close to LoZ as it can get or just fix problems and allow you to play BS Zelda with new characters and other shit.
Map 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G8TqOgETNQ
Map 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaAyYsNN80s
More info
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bszelda.shtml
>>
>>3121508
How is that related to the rest of the sentence.
>>
>>3121509
Are there any patches without translation?
>>
>>3121510
Nigga do you know how sentences work? It's a complete thought.
>>
>>3121517
BS Zelda Restoration Map files have japanese versions, look at Files pages.
>>
>>3121510
He's saying that development times for Zelda games are longer than games like Mario, hence why the SNES only had one. You need some sleep, dude.
>>
>>3121481
>As far as I know it's the exact same thing
nah, the actual bs zelda uses a completely new smaller quest. there are two quest patches that restore the original quests tho.
>>
>>3121497
>5 years of research concluded that we should have 8 dungeons and a boomerang item
>>
The maps are completely different to the point that it is called quests 3 and 4.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.