[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going back in time as early your favorite console was out, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 235x215
Going back in time as early your favorite console was out, what genres would you immediately get to work on if you were a developer or producer? Feel free to take modern ideas with you.
>>
DORK SOLES
WITH
LOLIS
>>
>>3121281
Came to post something else, but this is a much better idea.
>>
my favorite console was the dreamcast
too much pressure desu
>>
>>3121275
A survival horror game that plays like Gauntlet but with mechanics aimed at exploration and defensive combat. It would be released for PC-E/TG-16, DOS, Genesis and SNES. Implement their respective multi-tap peripherals for 4 player coop. I would also do a bmup set in New York that plays like River City Ransom but with anime style presentation and as much depth as the Yakuza games. Release it on Windows 98, PS1 and Dreamcast. Release a brawler like Power Stone based on the previous game with chibi art style sprites for n64.
>>
>>3121275
Just a real Dungeon RPG in the Lovecraft's Universe, for X68000, PC-98, DOS, Amiga 500 and Atari ST.
>>
I'm not original, so I'd go with a Gradius style shmup on NES. I'd also try and release a weird cross between Front Mission/Ultima Underworld/Mech Warrior for SNES.
>>
>>3121275
Sequels to Wings of Wor.
I went full autist and posted character ideas on the SHMUP thread.
>>
>>3121275
>straight up rip off the Bonanza Bros. basic gameplay and rename it to Packrats
>Change art style to cartoon with anthropomorphic characters
>Make it 4 player splitscreen
>Camera is fixed isometric (like fallout)
>levels take multiple stages to complete and are procedurally generated
>Stage 1: Recon, find blueprints or info for stuff like keys, codes or combinations in a very limited time. Alerting guards in this stage makes stage 3 much harder to complete but can also be skipped but you cannot get blueprints for the map or keys anymore
>Stage 2: Make an enter and escape plan
>Stage 3: grab items you were asked for plus anything else you can take in an allotted time
>Items have specific puzzles or obstacles in order to obtain
>Total score is the amount of money you earn which you can use to buy and/or upgrade getaway vehicles and buy equipment for the next level
>Would be released on Genesis, SNES, TG-16, 32x, CD and DOS
>Some versions will probably have pre-generated levels
>redo sprites and make levels fully 3D for PlayStation, Windows 98, Dreamcast, Saturn and N64
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.