[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the New 3DS on its way to becoming the best way to emulate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: n3ds_.jpg (103 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
n3ds_.jpg
103 KB, 1280x960
Is the New 3DS on its way to becoming the best way to emulate retro games?

>240p screen
>RetroArch is making tremendous progress; expect full speed PS1 emulation in a matter of months

Fuck Chink shit. The N3DS is where it's at.
>>
So far it's proven to be quite shitty for the job, actually. The PSP remains the best handheld for that particular purpose.
>>
>>3120421
>So far it's proven to be quite shitty for the job, actually
Why?

Also, OP, what is the state of (New) 3DS flash cards? Not having them was my reason for holding off buying one.

Also also, why the fuck did they call it "New 3DS"? Are they trying to be confusing? It's a different system, right?
>>
They're 400x240p stretched to fit the screen.

Nowhere near 4:3 aspect ratio.
>>
>>3120425
A second control stick, amiibo-reading capability, higher processing power, and improved 3D functionality are what set it apart from the regular 3DS.
>>
>>3120421
>Can't do nearest-neighbor scaling
>1:1 looks like a postage stamp

Nah. It's been dethroned.

>>3120425
It's pretty easy to install CFW on your 3DS and pirate away. I have no knowledge of Gateway cards but if you're serious about owning a flashcart, Sky3DS+ is your best option. Works on pretty much every firmware, though it has one major thing going against it: It'll cost you an arm and a leg. Shit's expensive.
>>
File: HOKQx5p.png (8 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
HOKQx5p.png
8 KB, 400x240
>>3120426
What? You can play the games in their native aspect ratio just fine.
>>
>>3120440
No shit.
>>
>>3120461
So what's the issue? These games were stretched when displayed on CRT monitors.
>>
>>3120463
The console games were meant to be displayed on 4:3 screens.
Saying a screen is 240p doesn't matter much when the screen is very wide.
>>
>>3120463
TVs*

Not sure why I said monitor.
>>
WHY
DO PEOPLE
EMULATE
>>
>>3120467
>The console games were meant to be displayed on 4:3 screens.
Lol no. You CRTfags are delusional.
>>
>>3120426
Are you not aware that the SNES VC games have a pixel-perfect mode?
>>
>>3120469
BECAUSE IT'S THE GAME THAT MATTERS NOT THE PHYSICAL OBJECT YOU FUCKING TOOL
>>
>>3120471
Oh, all omnipresent authority figure, remind me what was the aspect ratio of the TV's back in the 90's?
>>
>>3120416
I love my N3DS for emulation, but I wish retroarch wasn't butt ugly.
A lot of the cores work well but the interface is convoluted. Half of the options don't even do anything on the 3ds yet.
Being able to play on the bottom screen would be nice too.

If I wasn't a shitty programmer I would take the cores and make a nice and simple interface for them. Something like the menus genesis 3D ports.
>>
>>3120658
*Something like the menus from the genesis 3D ports.
>>
>>3120475
IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT MANY GAMES DON'T PLAY RIGHT I'M TOO POOR TO CARE

>>3120471
>everyone old enough to have played on CRTs is delusional
Projecting pretty hard there kiddo
>>
>>3120771
>im too retarded to set up an emulator in a way so it plays the game just right

tiftfy

Cycle-accurate emulation is a thing that exists.
>>
>>3121067
Some of us play more than SNES murio games kid. Now scurry along. Your /v/illage is missing an idiot.
>>
>>3120475
As simple as that. Yet, so many people miss the point.
>>
>>3120416
>RetroArch is making tremendous progress;
not really, it's more fixing regressions introduced by each nightly refactoring than real progress on emulation side

>expect full speed PS1 emulation in a matter of months

PS1 emulation has been at the same speed on n3ds since the start when hackers (not RA people) figured how to use core full speed with homebrew. Nobody is working on improving PCSX-rearmed or optimizing it for 3ds hardware and it's probably as fast as it will ever be since it was already very optimized
>>
>>3123676
>Nobody is working on improving PCSX-rearmed or optimizing it for 3ds hardware and it's probably as fast as it will ever be since it was already very optimized
Well, it's not good.
>>
>>3120469
TO PLAY SUPER MARIO WORLD ON THE SHITTER
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.