[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NORMALITY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: normality.jpg (40 KB, 400x506) Image search: [Google]
normality.jpg
40 KB, 400x506
So I just finished this game after years of wanting to play it, and it was pretty... meh. Started out great and the whole idea of first person point-n-click adventure is pretty awesome, but it feels like the game was rushed and sometimes felt kinda empty. I also never got to use most of my inventory items. I heard that there's multiple solutions for the puzzles and I hope that's true, because otherwise this game is full of that infamous red herring.

Some of the motion captured 3D cutscenes looked unintentionally hilarious because the character models are blobby 90s 3D. Music was kinda repetitive and I felt like there weren't enough tunes, gladly the soundtrack is pretty good and catchy so I didn't really mind. The first person controls were pretty neat, though it was sometimes hard to notice some items that were slightly over your head or near your feet.

It still bothers me though because there's so many things and puzzles that left me wondering if they were just ignored due lack of time and/or budget.
Things such as (SPOILERS):
Sharkpoon
That bathroom in the prison hallway
What was the purpose of Kent washing his face in urinals?
Everything that happened in the laboratory. Why could you wipe your fingerprints from the extinguisher? What was the point of those keys you could use to open the empty closet? What was the deal with that shredder that didn't function? You could fit a cog there, but it needed one more and there is not a single other cog in the game.
that door in the factory with guard that wouldn't let you in without a badge, which wasn't the "Friend of Paul" -badge. You later in the game got a Norm-trooper badge but you can't leave that area and return to the factory. You find that badge minutes before winning the game anyway so what the fuck.

Kent was a very likable radical 90s dude, kinda like nonviolent version of Postal Dude. So, Normality thread.
>>
File: normality fed up.png (129 KB, 1032x686) Image search: [Google]
normality fed up.png
129 KB, 1032x686
What? Nobody else played this? It was given away for free just a few days ago.
>>
>>3121607
where
>>
File: normality underwear.png (69 KB, 1032x686) Image search: [Google]
normality underwear.png
69 KB, 1032x686
>>3121620
Indiegala
>>
Petty interesting use of the Realms of the Haunting engine
>>
I played it for a bit. Reminded me of that Super Mutant goosebumps game

Are there any other point and click games that feel like Doom? or atleast 1st person?
>>
File: realms.jpg (199 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
realms.jpg
199 KB, 640x480
>>3121856
It's a pretty rare genre, but there's also Realms of the Haunting. Made by the same people who made Normality. Then there's of course Myst and other games like that, but they're pre-rendered and not in real time first person.
>>
in terms of fps point and click, how are the rest of the Tex Murphy games? I only played under a killing moon
>>
>>3121906
The art style looks pretty nice. What do you think of that game in comparison?
>>
>>3121928
It's a strange mix between Doom and point'n'click, this time there's actual gunplay and enemies to kill. The puzzles are also more advanced and complicated than in typical adventure game, which is good.
It's the next logical step from Normality and does lots of things you'd wish were in Normality.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.