[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who prefers RF to composite here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 443x332
Who prefers RF to composite here?
>>
blind people
>>
>>3119334
Does the lack of colour with composite make it more comfortable for them or something?
>>
>>3119336
If anything composite gives out more colors because it can tap from all the YUV color space.

By the way, I like RF for its simplicity and the fact that I can plug multiple consoles on the same set with minimal hassle (SNES doesn't really look all that bad).

The only thing to look out for is the optimal cable placement (I'm not entirely sure what causes the fuzz).
>>
Composite does look better but when I play on a CRT I'd rather have RF because composite + CRT hurts my eyes.
>>
>>3119316
Hipster scum
>>
File: high quality.png (227 KB, 443x327) Image search: [Google]
high quality.png
227 KB, 443x327
OP that's not what RF looks like
>>
Composite only has one video signal. RF has to cram many channels of video signal into one cable, and a demodulator in the TV has to figure out the data. The data the demodular grabs is, at absolute best, identical to a composite signal. At worst, it's noisy and awful.

tl;dr RF is composite but worse.
>>
>>3119967
you forgot rf is also carrying the audio on the same conductor.
rf<composite<s-video<YPbPr/RGBs<HDMI
>>
File: 1414580721258.jpg (1 MB, 3170x498) Image search: [Google]
1414580721258.jpg
1 MB, 3170x498
Whatever the devs intended, amirite?
>>
>>3119316
Iplayed PS1 games with RF back in the day. I was bad. It's like the worst of all analog standards. Lots of interference. I had to pull out the tv cable from the switcher to make it playable without awful graphic glitches.
>>
I play everything with the highest quality possible usually RGB but the rare occasion I do play something in RF its really not that bad it's perfectly playable ,quite impressive for 1 simple connector really
>>
I have to believe that the people that really shit on RF, just cannot fucking screw the damn thing in properly or bend the pin inside it. Because rf looks perfectly fine on my tv, so I just do not understand how useless some people are or whatever they're doing so wrong to make it look bad. Maybe they just have never used rf and are parroting what they hear like everyone seems to do for every game they've never played.
>>
>>3119316
Once we tried to hook up a console with RF.
TV didn't even find any picture.
>>
/vr/ used to be among the "oldest" boards on 4chan, but now I'm not so sure, as I'm forced to conclude that everyone in this thread is under the age of 21.
>>
File: nN8Jvxu.jpg (54 KB, 500x627) Image search: [Google]
nN8Jvxu.jpg
54 KB, 500x627
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person that actually enjoys RF and RGB equally and for different reasons.

On one hand I think it's great to use a PVM monitor and RGB connections to play games as crisp as they naturally can be. On the other, sometimes it's also fun to play games you grew up with on a crappy RF connection because as a not-quite-poor-but-far-below-middle-class kid in the early 90's, it was all I had.

RF is objectively worse quality wise and I'd never want to play post 4th-gen games through it, nor would I want to play long stretches of games with it. But I have a cute little 13" woodgrain paneled GE set in the corner of my living room as decoration, and now and again it's fun to relive cozy memories of playing the Tengen version of Tetris through it's less than stellar picture.
>>
>>3119316
Since TV channels broadcast in digital formats now, is RF better now than it was back then?

Because when I used to play my NES with RF as a kid I got a shit ton of visual noise and interference.
>>
>>3122889
Because adults should only use technology that was available to them when they were kids?
>>
>>3122903
No. Not sure where you're getting that or what you mean.

I'm taken aback by the way a typical part of everyday life 10+ years ago is being discussed as a curiosity in this thread. Like the insinuation that there could be people who have never screwed a coax cable into the back of a TV, or who have tried it "once" to see what will happen. It's a bit like listening to 10 year olds talk about their preferences in beer or sexual partners, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>3122889
I'm 25, grew up playing with RF and Composite in the early to mid 90s but it was phasing out completely by then to just composite.
>>
>>3122895
I can't play RF regardless of whatever connection i had to it as a kid. It's so blurry and ugly.
>>
>>3122907
I thought you were upset because people don't prefer RF anymore. There wasn't much context to your post.
>>
>>3120483
you forgot
rf<composite<s-video<vga<YPbPr/RGBs<dvi<HDMI<scart
>>
Me, because I want my nostalgic games to look just like they used to back then and I don't care about the look of my new pick ups at all. Plus it's the only way I can play them in my old TV.
>>
>>3119316
mother fucking kiwi bastards
>>
>>3122876
>bend the pin inside it
Oh fuck. Why can't these summer hipsters be blanket banned?
>>
>>3122876
th-there's RF fanboys?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.