[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has M2 not remade this game for the Space Harrier arcade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: SegaGenesis-SpaceHarrier2Cover.png (433 KB, 347x505) Image search: [Google]
SegaGenesis-SpaceHarrier2Cover.png
433 KB, 347x505
Why has M2 not remade this game for the Space Harrier arcade board? It did wonders when they remade Fantasy Zone 2 for the System 16.
>>
>>3118395
Why bother? It's the same shit as part 1
>>
>>3118432
Space Harrier 1 was a masterpiece, 2 was not as good and M2 needs to fix that just like they did with Fantasy Zone 2.
>>
>>3118395
There are only three possibilities:

1) It's not technically feasible on a reasonable budget, for some reason

2) They will at some point in the future, and just haven't gotten around to it

3) This is God's way of punishing his failed creation
>>
>>3118479
The M2 emulated classic are Sega's best selling games out beating modern Sonic games and games like Puyo Quest, anything from Atlas, PSO2 and the Yakuza series.

I say that M2 is doing NX/PS4(K?)/XBONE stuff right now so no Sonic 3 And Knuckles 3D for the 3DS sadly.
>>
>>3118395

On the Space Harrier board? Or System Y? Or maybe the one cool riders was on? Or a new 2d sprite scaling engine from the ground up with tens of thousands of sprites on screen?
>>
>>3118395
Even if they fixed the choppy movement speed I'd probably still stick with the original. 2 had a darker color palate and soundtrack that just did not retain the same energetic feel the original game had that made me love it so much.
>>
>>3118395
http://www.seganerds.com/2016/02/19/m2s-akiyoshi-saito-passes-away-at-43/
>>
>>3123316
Ya but flat woods monster
>>
Boss design was good in 2.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.