[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>looking on craigslists/ebay for SNES or genesis games >big
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1400255800718.png (368 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1400255800718.png
368 KB, 640x480
>looking on craigslists/ebay for SNES or genesis games
>big collection of games MUST SEE
>it's nothing but yearly sports games and shitty movie licensed games
>>
>ragging on 16-bit sports and licensed games
underage detected.
>>
>>3116105
Nope.
>>
>>3116105

I grew up during that era and aside from a few games here and there like Tecmo Bowl and NBA Heat/ NFL blitz those games just sucked
>>
>my craigslist experience(every time):

>search nintendo
>overpri- aw fuck it, it's CRAIGSLIST, let's just figure everything is grossly overpriced unless otherwise noted
>DSes with one or two(bad) games, or no games at all
>NES with cuck hunt/mario + occasional other garbage game
>amiiboshit EVERYWHERE
>people selling flash carts filled with games(isn't this illegal? oh well- not like anyone gives a fuck, right?)
>that -rare- decently priced lot that gets taken down in minutes because...
>any search related to "nerd" stuff(EG: "nintendo") has the same three guys that spam the same posts every day, one of which assures us he's definitely absolutely probably not a reseller :^]
>seriously, these motherfuckers must have bots posting this shit because without fail, they always have posts

>search sega
>one or two genesis, each with a couple of mediocre titles, and sonic.
>every now and then find dreamcast

>playstation
>lots of ps3s with junky games
>beat up ps2s with sketch origins
>rare vintage ps1 with no games, or one good but common title like crash

>legos(yeah not vr, but fuck you mate)
>recently released sets being sold full price(built)
>cheap, cheap, definitely not stolen sets
>selling legos $25/lb
>buying legos $5/lb
>outrageously large collections of minifigs being sold

Too many sharks in the area.

Anyway, no one asked for it but there it was. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for reading my blog. Don't forget to yadda yadda yadda.
>>
>>3116178
I fucking hate those $$$WE BUY OLD NINTENDO GAMES!!$$$ L@@K! ads. No better way to show that you pay pennies on the dollar before charging a 20% markup over ebay than spamming cl with your WTB bullshit. I really wish cl had some sort of better moderation to keep obvious stores from advertising on craigslist. Granted, I guess it is open to anyone, but it really feels like it goes against the spirit of the site.
>>
>>3116189
>I really wish cl had some sort of better moderation to keep obvious stores from advertising on craigslist
I know right! One new guy just started advertising his store, and another has been doing so for a few years now. Which, if goog reviews are to be believed, are pretty scuzzy.
Now, I'm not too keen on craigslist's actual rules, but it really does feel wrong, it's like craigslist is supposed to be for the average joe, by the average joe.

But these people are taking it for all it's worth and essentially just getting free advertisement.

Would be totally cool with them being confined to something like craigslist.com/biz/- Similar to something they already have for cars(dealer vs owner, which of course, some asshat dealers abuse...).
>>
>my craigslist experience
>decide to try and sell Earthbound and Super Mario RPG on craigslist
>List them at 75% of current ebay prices at the time so I could move them quickly
>Even offer a $10 discount if someone buys both
>Only offers I get are from lowballing resellers who won't buy for more than 40% of the current going rate because "otherwise there's no profit in it"
>Say I could easily get more than that on ebay, so why are you wasting my time?
>"If you were gonna sell it on ebay, you already would have. We have a deal or not?"
So I sold them in the buy/sell/trade thread here(back when they were still a thing). Craigslist is nothing but resellers and lowballers, no point in trying to sell or buy anything on there. The only value the site has is the For Free section, where you can occasionally find an old CRT that still works.
>>
>>3116220
I'm firmly of the belief that the old game market is rapidly approaching the point where it is almost nothing but resellers/investors buying and selling from other resellers/investors with actual gamers and collectors getting pushed out entirely.
>>
File: Piece-of-shit-seller.png (206 KB, 1024x586) Image search: [Google]
Piece-of-shit-seller.png
206 KB, 1024x586
This piece of shit on Kijiji thought he was gonna become rich off Gamecube controllers and adaptors. Feel free to fuck with him.
>>
File: Hoarding.png (229 KB, 1025x634) Image search: [Google]
Hoarding.png
229 KB, 1025x634
>>3117907
The same fucker loves to hoard Gamecube games, too.
>>
File: segaaah.jpg (45 KB, 650x350) Image search: [Google]
segaaah.jpg
45 KB, 650x350
good deal? says its working.

the hd grafx model 1 and cd model 2 are the best ones right?
>>
>>3117964
If the CD does work, I would say that's not a terrible deal. It's worth it if you really want it.
>>
>>3117970
i figure I can offload my boxed model 2 for around half that up here, people charge 30+ for any working genesis.

thanks for the reply I called and it's a grill, she's gonna send me a vid of it running
>>
>>3117964
If it was a Model 1 CD I would say go for it, but idk about the Model 2 CD unit. Those tend to be broken in the wild so unless you can test it, I wouldn't offer any more than $60
>>
>>3117984
Model 1 looks way better but I've always heard that was the less reliable one. Either way both models should get tested.
>>
>>3117912
To be honest that's the lowest price I've ever seen CIB Melee go for in recent years.
>>
>>3116085
>Playstation 1 ~Audiophile~ @@LOOK@@
>Condition: Spares or Repairs
>>
>>3116259
I think the word you're looking for is "bubble"
>>
>>3117984
it was 500 miles away and she wouldn't paypal, fuck it I'll find another.
>>
>>3116163
Sega's Mutant sports titles aren't bad.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.