[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Untranslated games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12
File: download.jpg (17 KB, 302x167) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
17 KB, 302x167
>ywn enjoy the light RPG elements of Monopoly 2
>>
File: monopoly 2.jpg (137 KB, 768x672) Image search: [Google]
monopoly 2.jpg
137 KB, 768x672
I mean just look how fucking comfy it looks.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (90 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
90 KB, 600x450
Goddamn it even has an overworld
>>
>we will never experience this man's downward spiral into depression and inevitable suicide
>>
There's a SFC port of Castles 2 called Super Castles, has no translation that I'm aware of. Which really sucks, since it has mouse support.

I will never be able to kick back and play Castles 2 on my SNES with my SNES mouse, and it hurts.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 411x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 411x360
>>3115723
Played through this because I was told it was just a generic wrestling game, even in story mode.

The fucking shit I saw and the places I was going weren't even slightly generic for a gen 4 wrestling video game, however. Still curious about why he went into illegal underground wrestling, not to mention the specific details of the last few fights that brought him past the brink.
>>
Learn hiragana, OP. It's not that hard.
>>
>>3116020
I'd rather learn Hex so I can translate this shit myself.
What the hell else am I gonna do with Hiragana?
>>
>>3116038
Pretty much nothing, you likely don't know any jap words so hiragana is basically useless.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 462x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 462x454
i can't believe there still isn't an English translation for the Far East of Eden games. In fact, PCE CD and Sega CD need more attention as a whole. There's only like 5 PCE CD translations and there's no Sega CD ones.
>>
>>3116180
That really is some sad shit. Hudson Soft has so few good games.
>>
>>3116016
Who was the fucking retard who told you it's a "generic" wrestling game? It's the least generic wrestling game ever made.
>>
>>3116016
>illegal underground wrestling
Looks like you're not familiar with the UFC. That's Gerard Gordeau and Royce Gracie you fight. The fat sumo dude is Teila Tuli (sp?) using his puroresu gig

The Fire Pro games have always had mixed martial arts elements, from UFW, RINGS, PRIDE, Shooto, etc and even kickboxing K1, because Japanese pro-wrestling has always had close ties to combat sports. Guys like Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn used to wrestle in Japan before fighting in MMA
>>
>>3119217
>Looks like you're not familiar with the UFC. That's Gerard Gordeau and Royce Gracie you fight. The fat sumo dude is Teila Tuli (sp?) using his puroresu gig

I looked up the synopsis. It was based on UFC, sure, but the story was clear that he went underground for that section of the game.

>>3119213
I have no fucking idea. Probably some idiot who thought Kill God JRPG #515641564 was compelling.
>>
>>3115710
They really need to translate more genres than just JRPGs. There are dozens of adventure games, simulations, board games, and strategy games on the NES and SNES in particular that look really interesting.
>>
>>3116016
Literally the best game ever made. Suda 51's only real masterpiece.
>>
>>3116180
>i can't believe there still isn't an English translation for the Far East of Eden games.

You're not losing much, believe me. Tengai Makyou games never were more than a 7/10, thye're basically DQ clones set in wacky Sengoku Jidai Japan with the exception of 4th Apocalypse and the GBA game which is slightly more serious in tone and also surprisingly good, but not retro, iirc the GBA game does have a translation patch though.
>>
>>3116016
how do you guys play jap games?

Do you have a guide or do you just select everything until you get past?

I'm an ameri-fag and even reading spanish pisses me off.
>>
>>3120960
Story mode is actually easy to get to in Pro Wrestling Special. If I recall that particular menu is in English.

Never messed with the other options.
>>
>>3119256
improvements in machine translation may one day help.

Who knows... maybe when the world goes to shit I can just lock myself in a NEET Bunker with all those Japanese SNES, Saturn, and PSX games.
>>
File: 105845_front.jpg (76 KB, 640x565) Image search: [Google]
105845_front.jpg
76 KB, 640x565
I know the remake isn't retro but the original is a PC-98 title so fuck you.

it's a shame too because it looks like one of the best DS games.

not a single fan translation project either.
>>
>>3115710
>>3115716
>>3115718
Fuck you op. You made me want something that I had no idea I'd want.
>>
>>3121174
I know, right?
>>
>>3119256
>they localize the worst game in the series for a new release
>it sells terribly
>welp, guess we won't bother localizing any more of these!
>every subsequent game is amazing

Sad part is I can think a few series that fit that pattern, but Itadaki Street and Sengoku Basara are particularly enraging.
>>
>>3115718
perspective is all over the place lol
>>
>>3116020
Learning hiragana means shit if you're not good with the language in the first place.
>>
>>3123121
It makes you able to navigate through menus and googletranslating shit in kana-only games, that's a lot for something you can learn in just a few weeks.
>>
File: thehybrid-inst.jpg (157 KB, 540x463) Image search: [Google]
thehybrid-inst.jpg
157 KB, 540x463
>I've known about this game going on 10 years
>never bothered to learn Japanese
>>
File: Sorcerian_cover.png (302 KB, 280x422) Image search: [Google]
Sorcerian_cover.png
302 KB, 280x422
I wish more PCE-CD games were translated.
>>
File: RetroArch-0407-230109.png (101 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0407-230109.png
101 KB, 960x720
>>3120960
Guides help, especially for complex games. I can read a bit (of Japanese), that helps. Playing games with voices can help you if you have some listening comprehension. I'm having an easier time with pic related because the dialogue is pretty simple and the voices are good.

As >>3116020 said, hiragana and katakana are a very good start for playing games in Japanese. Once you can pronounce that shit out loud, you will start learning words once you see them over and over and look them up a couple of times. Soon you'll start recognizing a few kanji, too, and then game menus won't be so confusing.

If you really don't want to learn anything, well, I guess button mashing is your only hope.
>>
>>3122427
>tfw Bamco essentially sabotaged Gundam's chances in the west by localizing Crossfire
>doesn't bother bringing over any Gundam game until the Asian version of Breaker 3 was announced
>>
>>3119419
I personally like them. There are scripts for Manjimaru posted, but they're particularly punny and they tend to toss varying levels of keigo and other dialects around like dandruff, so it doesn't make then hard to translate per se, but very difficult to write in English and cater to the reinsertion, which itself is also a fucking shitshow.

I was piecing through Manjimaru on the DS (only one that can has or could handle subs for the cinematic scenes (lest you consider the gcn/ps2 ports, who knows) and the fucking script and menus and stuff is hidden in tiny chunks through a hot 1230 folders, some with usable data, some with not. One folder in the 800s somewhere has only "Manjimaru (and co.) Stepped on a mine." If this was a 15 hour game, thats one thing, but when you include npcs and the world map and battles, it's pretty lengthy.

If people were interested in settling for the ps2 version so shit would actually fit and (hopefully) was easily reinserted, Manjimaru would be a more viable project. There are varying people interested in working on it, but everyone and their mom over on rdhn is too busy individually retranslating ff6 for some fucking reason.
>>
>>3123908
How is Blue Breaker anyway? Ive had my eye on it but never picked it up.
>>
>>3122427
You create tools for extraction and insertion and hand me a full text dump and I'll translate itadaki street any time. It's the technical aspect that's challenging, not finding a translator.
>>
>>3124171
I imagine for a board game thats easy, but unless youre way up in the Jlpt ranks, you still need to play and replay and replay for things like Jrpgs or shit with the random witty dialogue. Things like the chests in Trails in the Sky would have fucked me up in my very core if I was digging through the script to translate such a thing. A board game doesnt sound so bad, since yeah typically you're not manually hunting down npcs. unless you're simply inexperienced with the language of the game. Go or hanafuda would be a real fucker to translate and write properly if you didnt already play it yourself.
[/spoiler]
>>
>>3115710
>>3115718
Why do people call this an RPG? Far as I can tell, that "overworld" is pretty much just a menu interface with some flavor text. Probably wouldn't even qualify as an adventure game.
>>
>>3124171
I'm not asking for fan translation, I'm asking Square Enix to recognize there is a genuine demand for Itadaki Street, and throwing the only localized game in the series onto Wii at the end of its life cycle and expecting a million sales is a setup for failure.

What we WANTED was the FF/DQ crossover that literally happens in no other series despite SE owning both IPs like Sony Japan got.
>>
File: otogirisou.png (1 MB, 4096x3584) Image search: [Google]
otogirisou.png
1 MB, 4096x3584
>>
>>3124578
The FF one was shit, they should've released the DS one instead.
>>
>>3123458
Yeah, but that kills any story that might be involved. Not worth it unless it's a basic platformer or puzzle game, and even then, menu navigation is just a couple of guesses away.
>>
File: 1460050192576.gif (129 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1460050192576.gif
129 KB, 640x400
Been wanting to play Tokyo Twilight Busters but it's pretty much required to understand what the characters are saying to progress.
It looked really interesting too.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.