[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Treasure's worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: mm.jpg (28 KB, 376x265) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
28 KB, 376x265
Treasure's worst
>>
File: aniki (3).jpg (58 KB, 768x672) Image search: [Google]
aniki (3).jpg
58 KB, 768x672
>>3115357
>guaranteed replies
>>
Ooh, aah, way to shake-shake things up there OP.
>>
File: Mischief_Makers_(Europe)-9.png (125 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Mischief_Makers_(Europe)-9.png
125 KB, 320x240
>implying a Suganami game is one of the worst

Way to fail at your own bait OP. Besides, there's other Treasure games that trigger people a lot more, like Ikaruga.

Treasure's actual worst (in terms of /vr/-era Treasure) is probably Rakugaki Showtime, but even that one is still somewhat fun to play.
Mischief Makers is not their best, but it's up there.

SHAKE SHAKE
>>
>>3115396
>>implying a Suganami game is one of the worst
His sequels (Gunstar 2 and Sin 2) weren't as good as the first installments.

He should've stuck with making only original IP's.
>>
>>3115434

I would disagree about Sin and Punishment 2, I think it's actually one of Treasure's best (although I still prefer the original myself).
>>
>>3115357
Worst one I have. Looks like shit why did they go with that mega blocks level design anyways? the intro is the best part of the game.
>>
File: haniwa.jpg (32 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
haniwa.jpg
32 KB, 480x319
>>3115447

The clancers and the block design are designed after haniwa clay statues.
I think they went with that because a lot of the game design revolves around changing the structure in levels around, easier to do that with a block design. Personally I think it looks nice.

The intro is great, looks like some CPS2 arcade game intro, but I think the best part of the game are the boss battles.
>>
>>3115434

Sin 2 is pretty fucking sweet.

Gunstar Super Heroes is pretty equal to the first game in most aspects. As a matter of fact aside from the new characters and combat updates you can hardly tell that it is a sequel and not a remake, because it practically has the same levels and bosses.

Personally I would like both games more without the bullshit RNG aspects of the later levels.
>>
Alien Soldier > Sin & Punishment > Gunstar Heroes > Mischief Makers > Sin & Punishment 2 > Gunstar Superheroes
>>
Mischief Makers is one of my favorite games of all time. crazy movement tech. the speedruns are insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSAqQB5mlH4
>>
>>3115506

The controls and physics are really amazing.
I like that it does dashing/hoovering without it breaking the game's difficulty. If you don't know what you're doing, the jets won't really make the game easier, but if you do you can do insane maneuvers. I still couldn't get any S rank in any level.
>>
>>3115357
My only complaint about Mischief Makers is not with the game itself but the stiff as fuck n64 d-pad. Anyone else have this problem? I cant double tap dash with the n64 d-pad to save my life. It just feels to stiff.
>>
>>3115514

Not at all, although it's not the first time I hear someone complain about the N64 d-pad being stiff.
I just feel it the same as the SNES d-pad. No issues with it.

Don't have any problem double-taping, except on the olympic stage which took me like over 50 tries until I got the timing right to get the golden gem. That was brutal.
>>
>>3115527
Maybe it comes with use but my snes d-pad feels much better easier to input quick double taps. Should I maybe lube up the n64?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.