[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I fix this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled.png (72 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
72 KB, 640x480
How do I fix this?
>>
>>3115310
I don't remember circles around speedometer.
>>
>>3115334
All dem trains are different, my man.
>>
Which version is that? I'm just recalling it from memory, but I think you either need to open the door on the correct side, or you can't leave the station until the doors have closed.
>>
This game must be a bitch to play if you can't read Japanese.
>>
>>3115310
lrn japanese or buy a mail order wife that knows jap and english to read it to you
>>
>>3115483
Not really. One of the easier games to play.
>>
I wish I remembered more kanji so I that I could identify this game. It looks absolutely perfect.
>>
>>3115509
It is called Densha de Go.
As for OP pic, it's Densha de Go 2.
>>
I'm now monitoring this thread. I don't know why as I

>can't read Jap-speak
>can't tell what this game's genre is
>probably won't even play the game

but I'm monitoring the thread.
>>
I'm not sure what the problem is supposed to be in this screenshot. Your emergency brakes are on but you haven't been given the go-ahead yet; you just have to wait for everyone to get on the train.

Also, play 電車でGO Final. It's by far the best game in the series.

>>3115509
>>3115846
This is 電車でGO 2. But like I mentioned above, if you want to try this series, the one to play is Final. It just werks on PC and has by far the best gameplay in the series.

The genre is arcade train driving and the objective is to successfully drive a train. The vast majority of the challenge is being on time and stopping the train correctly. I've put... I don't know, a thousand hours into this series over the past few years after downloading it as a joke. I recommend checking it out.

There's even a multiplayer mode if you can read Japanese.
>>
>>3115867
>Desert Bus 2: Japananese Train

......Why do I want to check this out
>>
>>3115867
Downloaded it, is there a controller config somewhere or do I have to use Joy2Key or something?
>>
>>3115310
You have to close the doors. 知らせ灯(しらせとう) is the info light.
>>
>>3117206
Since the encoding on the settings application is fucked up (the text will just be garbage) for most people, by far the easiest way to configure the controls is to use a mapping program like joy2key. There isn't really much reason to play this game with a controller, however, since the amount of input you actually do is tiny.

>>3116917
It's an amazing game and not just because the subject matter is ridiculous. My friends and I play this as a party game; it's fundamentally just an arcade game about a weird thing.
>>
>>3115310
Don't close the doors before everyone enters the train man. And wait for the signal before taking off.

Or just google densha de go basics or how to play.
>>
>>3117235
There's a plane game like this too. A local arcade dive has it. No idea what the name of it but it has you flying commercial air flights across japan, my beginner level game went from fukuoka to osaka.
>>
>>3117251
Jet de Go
There's also Kisha de Go, which is like Densha de Go but with locomotives.

I did a basic how to play video some months ago, in case anybody is interested. Although >>3115867 probably knows how to play way better than I do.
https://youtu.be/e3kEiEyGaVM

Also, thread music:
https://youtu.be/sim94r3drSE
https://youtu.be/lMg92sNnjPc
https://youtu.be/tNka5saiVrc
https://youtu.be/cQTBoi2oguE
>>
>>3115391
>>3117229
>>3117249
Doors close automatically in DDG.

>>3117235
>There isn't really much reason to play this game with a controller
Your opinion is shit.
>>
>>3117365
Sure!

If you happen to have the train controller I could see it making a difference, since playing the actual cabinet is really something else.

>>3117312
I am stupid good at this game although I'm not exactly proud of it. Years ago I finished every course in Final and now I'm doing them all again without any penalties.
>>
>>3117365
He said "controller" and there is no point in using one, really. Unless you have the controller made specially for the game. Keyboard or joystick won't change shit.
>>
>>3117312
>Jet de Go
There's a pretty nifty GBC port of that, although the controls look as restricted as a train.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufBNTPyItRI
>>
File: 1.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
Is the train games on 3DS, similar to these games? I ask because they seem to be translated. I've been interested in these type of games but don't know much? Does anyone recommend them?
>>
>>3118034
Just look up some videos of them.
Most of japanese train games follow the same recipe. But you need patience with those kinds of games.
>>
>>3115310
How do I git gud at this game? I just cannot make stops without throwing people around or overshooting the stop completely.
>>
>>3118034
There are demos available for those games. I personally didn't like them and each one is pretty short. You don't really need to know any Japanese to play densha de go. It's more arcade than sim, you're just stopping at stations.
>>
>>3118034
Unless they've released new ones, the Densha de GO games on the DS are simply fractions of Densha de GO Final released individually.

Seriously guys, just play Final. It's on the PC and it's by far the best game in the series.
>>
What happens if you drive like a retard and cause accidents?
>>
>>3118625
You can't.
>>
File: 38782918_p0.jpg (226 KB, 1050x1200) Image search: [Google]
38782918_p0.jpg
226 KB, 1050x1200
>>3118537
>Densha de GO games on the DS are simply fractions of Densha de GO Final
You think of PSP games.
>just play Final. It's on the PC and it's by far the best game in the series.
Your repeating of this won't make it true. It's painfully easy and therefore dull to play.
>ATS fully babysits you through all necessary speed adjustments by showing time and distance to the next speed limit
>doesn't punish you for up to 10 seconds lateness (WTF)
>punishment for missing the stop position is very lax, you can miss the station on the full speed and still have points to play
>apparently doesn't punish you for early arrival, while previous games pretty much buttfucked for this by severely limiting speed on the way to the next station
The only thing it does better is graphics.

>>3117383
>Years ago I finished every course in Final and now I'm doing them all again without any penalties.
Nice achievement, lol.
>>
>>3119281
Every thread has at least one person who acts like an ass.
Coincidence or not, that person will eventually reply with not just a animu image, but more often than not a really shitty and poorly drawn one.

It just keeps on happening.
>>
>>3119281
You're judging the game based on the easiest courses. The hardest levels allow five seconds of lateness with no penalty and not stopping at the station will game over you instantly on five and four star courses. The penalty for arriving early is identical to that in other games in that the track signals will prevent you from blitzing through the rest of the course. In addition, because Final has a more sophisticated scoring system, one early arrival basically eliminates any chance of getting a high score. Indeed, if you want a competitive score you have to hit the target every time. As for ATS, many of the games include the same radar and Final only counts down distances numerically for bonus sections.

It's just my opinion that Final is the best game in the series, sure. But it's an overwhelmingly popular position within the DDG community - it has the most content and the addition of chains was viewed pretty positively. It requires a lot less memorization than the early games in the series but you still need some for the harder courses (the radar gets shorter). Many if not most of the people playing these games are not looking for an actual train simulator and didn't care so much that the UI did some more of the legwork. The five star courses in Final are just as difficult as any in any other game in the series.

I'm acknowledging that you belittled my accomplishment. Nice, internet stranger.
>>
File: densha de thighs.jpg (58 KB, 500x645) Image search: [Google]
densha de thighs.jpg
58 KB, 500x645
>>3119358
>You're judging the game based on the easiest courses
So would anyone playing this game for the first 5-10 hours. You can complete the first Densha De GO! game in this time frame which will be more fun and challenging right from the beginning.

>The penalty for arriving early is identical to that in other games
I didn't even know about this rule while playing the Final, figured it out after I started playing earlier games in which it leads to the game over most of the time, hence the assumption.

>for ATS, many of the games include the same radar
I haven't play any that do that besides Final, it's probably in Professional games, but I think none of arcade games does that. And I still see it as a flaw weakening the original gameplay.

>Many if not most of the people playing these games are not looking for an actual train simulator and didn't care so much that the UI did some more of the legwork
Yeah, so do I, and my main complaint is that Final is a worse arcade game, not the change of UI. As I see it, radar basically handholds you and trivializes learning of speed management on the track.

>But it's an overwhelmingly popular position within the DDG community
Haven't seen it in the English speaking one. Possibly just another of your factually wrong bullshit like this one:
>not stopping at the station will game over you instantly on five and four star courses.
>The five star courses in Final are just as difficult as any in any other game in the series.
Here's the video proving you wrong https://my.mixtape.moe/lulvnr.webm

>I'm acknowledging that you belittled my accomplishment. Nice, internet stranger.
More like, I find it's funny that you're 'stupid good at this game' and have 'a thousand hours into this series', but think that playing without penalties in probably the easiest game in the series is an accomplishment.

>>3119321
And you fuck off, you shitposting faggot.
>>
I downloaded and tried Final. It is good but I'd say Densha de Go! Professional Shiyou on PS1 is worth a shot too. It's like a mash-up of 1 and 2 but it's not as strict.
>>
>>3119612
My bad about the instant game over. Like I said, I've been playing without getting any penalties for a long time; I thought the station miss was worth 6, not 4. Oh well -- the actual gameplay difference isn't very big since if you're bad enough to miss the station completely you're probably getting penalized left and right.

Why would being early lead to game over in any DDG game? You have to drive more slowly to adhere to the schedule but once you approach where you're actually supposed to be in the timetable the signaling returns to normal. You can also just sit at the stop until the correct departure time if you remember how early you were.

Which DDG game *doesn't* have the radar? I've played all of the ones available for PC and the original in arcade (I live near Tokyo and Hey has one and that's the only one I know of) and it's in all of those. Final's radar is more verbose because there are more things to do in Final but it's functionally identical to the Professional radar in every other way. It also doesn't have too much effect on the requirement for learning speed management on more difficult courses since you won't score well without it and your time will end up all wonky just the same.

DDG's English "community" is really small. But here's a sampling of how I came to the conclusion that Final is most frequently cited as the best game in the series: http://s14.zetaboards.com/Densha_De_Go_Forums/topic/132267/2/

In terms of difficulty, I'd put Final in the middle of the road. The arcade version of the original is quite difficult so I'd say it's the hardest in the series, but simply by virtue of the fact that Final focuses on commuter rail makes it more difficult than the games that don't. None of the games are specially difficult, however, once you develop a strategy for stopping. Indeed, I've never claimed that it's especially impressive that I've wasted an inordinate amount of time on an arcade train game.
>>
>>3115310
God bless nippy games :D. Makes me wanna twist my little nips while playing this
>>
>>3119612
>yet more bitching
>yet one more poorly drawn animu image
You could have discussed everything you have so far without being a dick.
Thank you for proving me right.
>>
>>3119690
>not 4
It's 2. In the video one for excessive honking, 2 for missing the stop and one for triggering the ATS, so it will be 2 if you stopped by yourself in less than 50 meters without honking too much.

>Why would being early lead to game over in any DDG game?
In my experience, it's harder to restore the schedule after the speed limit in early games, and they take two points for every second on late arrival.

>Which DDG game *doesn't* have the radar?
Ports of original arcade games (1,2,3) on Playstation and according to quick search their PC versions also don't have it. I think they're known as pretty direct conversions, so I really don't know which version of original game you played on arcade with a radar. Anyway, I'm sure it penalized for breaking the speed limit and didn't message you about all necessary adjustments.

>>3119701
>yet more offtopic shitposting
>>
>>3119878
Your video takes about an hour to load for me, so I checked for myself in some different situations. Best case scenario you miss the stop on an ATS course and stop a short distance after where you were supposed to and only get the 2 for missing the stop. Worst case scenario you miss the stop on an ATC course where the speed limit drops shortly after the station and you get the 2 for missing the stop, 1 for exceeding the ATC, and 1 for maxing out the G sensor. You can get an instant game over if you attempt to use the emergency brakes to rectify the problem but that's relatively obscure. Most of the time you get 3 since it's pretty hard to miss the station without also getting a penalty for ATS or ATC, again disregarding whatever mistakes you made to get to that point in the first place.

You get penalized for going over the speed limit periodically in ATS and once in ATC because the game instantly corrects your speed if you go over in ATC.

Like I said, you don't have to do anything but wait at the train station until your scheduled departure time. That's true in every game in the series except on certain easy courses where the game automatically adjusts your time if you arrive early (Final does this on one star courses).

I checked -- the DDG in Hey is Professional, which has the radar. I don't own Professional and I don't play 1 so I mixed them up. 2 and 3 also don't have the radar. Pretty much all of the other games do, except for Kisha.
>>
>>3119979
>Like I said, you don't have to do anything but wait at the train station until your scheduled departure time.
Yes it seems like a nice trick I didn't know about, thanks. I need to get back to DDG3 and race the shit out it.
>>
I fell in love with this game hard enough to hunt down a controller and copy for the Dreamcast. Controller is great, but the framerate is all over the place with a multitude of graphical glitches because poorly programmed WinCE. Still an absolute blast.

PSP version isn't bad either.. haven't tried it on PC yet.
>>
>>3120237
PS version has drops under 10 fps on some stations as well.
And I didn't like PSP version, for me it was hard to get sense of speed from it which is important for this game. Not sure if it was because of small screen and my perception or they did movement somewhat different in the port.
>>
>>3120237
Is the controller worth it? There's a store near me selling it for about $200.

>>3120110
I haven't played too much of 3. What do you like about 3?
>>
>>3120820
I think the controller is worth it, personally.
>>
>>3120828
Yeah, I might buy it even though that's a big chunk of change for a controller just because the first time I played the game in the arcade was a pretty big revelation for me due to how much better it felt to play.
>>
>>3120843
I mean, it's the same with any specialty controller. You're not going to get as much out of any sim game without a proper controller in my opinion.
>>
well this thread went to shit quickly
>>
>>3120820
>for about $200.
Is it a PC USB controller? Everything else besides some other rarity like Shinkansen control panel for Wii should be cheaper.

>What do you like about 3?
Other games I've played are Final, 1, and 2(not much of this one so far) and from those it's my favorite.
It feels like modernized version of original game, gameplay is pretty much the same, but thanks to the new engine it's much smoother and controls feel really tight.
It keeps the original difficulty with taking away points for every meter or second and some of the courses are harder than anything in original game.
Besides gameplay, there's some nice little details, like dynamic day and night cycle which uses yous system's clock time. And I really like lighting in this game, color palette can look very dreamy sometimes, driving on the sunrise is the best.
Also, apparently, it's the only game which shows 3d modeled passengers boarding the train and sometimes you can witness salaryman caught in closing doors.
>>
>>3115310
Stop being a fuckhead.

>>3115483
If you know the basics it's easy. It's literally an arcade game.

>>3115509
Densha de GO!

Cool series.
>>
>>3118625
You can't cause accidents, but the game is point based so if you drive poorly you lose points and get a Game Over.
>>
Which is the best game in the series?
>>
File: 2016-04-07_184113414903262.jpg (184 KB, 959x716) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07_184113414903262.jpg
184 KB, 959x716
>>3121580
You can, actually. There's a random event with car stuck on the crossing.
>>
>>3115334
That's ATC. Fixed signals are for chumps.

>>3118256
Learn the braking points.
>>
>>3120874
Thank the retard who started being a bitch for no specific reason.

That being said, I'm surprised to find not only fans of the series, but fans with so much knowledge with the games.
>>
>>3121805
Word, he had nothing to contribute and whined about anime on 4chan, of all places. I wonder what twisted cunts produce people like that.
>>
>>3121585
I say Final.

This guy: >>3121532
says 3.

I posted a link to a thread on a different forum where final was declared almost unanimously the best game in the series, but there was a single holdout for DDG 64 and and the PSP games, which are rather similar to Final.

My advice? Try Final first and go from there. Even if some don't think that it's the best in the series it's hard to argue that it's not the most accessible.
>>
>>3120820
Controller makes the game. It's not super high quality or anything, but without it the game just isn't the same.

It also has a nice place for a conductor's stopwatch.

>>3120498
Screen size definitely impacts your perception of speed, but so does the use of the resolution. There is quite a lot going on, even for a DDG game, which draws your focus away from that the movement of the train itself.
>>
>>3115530
Thanks
>>
Is there a good PC download for Shinkansen?
>>
>>3121853
>i can't interact with people, even on the internet, without being a total shithead

I wonder what twisted cunts produce people like that?
>>
>>3125823
I don't know, but I'm hoping to find one. I lost my DDG collection in a HD failure a while back and have since managed to regain Final and Ryojouhen, which to be honest were two of the three I actually wanted back. Shinkansen was the third, and I just can't fucking find it anywhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
>>3127283
>mfw it takes mad shitposter 3 days to come up with >no u response
>>
>>3115310
Play the arcade version with custom arcade controls
>>
>>3125823
>>3127284
I have it, but it's in Canada and I live in Japan now. The next time I'm going back is in August. I can make a thread in August and upload it somewhere for y'all to download it.

Yes, this is kind of a ridiculous post since that is like six months from now but it's the best I can do.

For what it's worth, I don't think Shinkansen is very good. It's rather easy and there simply isn't enough to do most of the time.
>>
>>3127453
What are the differences between arcade version and ports?
>>
>>3127284
>>3127482
I ended up finding a working one. Came with a crack too. Also there's a torrent on KAT for the PC version of Final. It had one seeder but it downloaded in 15 minutes for me.

Shinkansen:
mega.nz/#F!0BQQGCTK!ww2vK2lz7PHiqzolNrEcRg

Final:
https://kickassto.co/densha-de-go-final-t1363561.html

Also I found out that the Pokken controller works really well with these games. It comes with it's own driver for Windows, but you need to use JoyToKey to get the D-Pad to work. Basically just map the D-Pad to the keyboard's arrow keys. Works really well for controlling the trains.
>>
>>3127489
The arcade versions are unreasonably demanding so you put in more money. The cabinets are cool though.
>>
>>3127432
I'm not the guy you were arguing with. Just someone making an observation.

>>3127496
You rule.
>>
I am bad at video games and I don't belong on this board, let alone in this thread. That said, which DDG game should I play? I tried playing DDG original on PSX and couldn't do it, DDG2 on Dreamcast and couldn't do it, and DDG Final on PS2. I hear the early games are the hardest, and Final is supposedly somewhat forgiving. Should I stick it out with Final until I can actually complete runs successfully, or is there an even easier variant I can try to master first?
>>
>>3127596
Nope, IMO Final is about as easy as it gets. Stick with it until you've got it figured out.
>>
>>3127596
Get that shit running on MAME or play Final on PS2.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.