[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a faster game than Recca in the nes/famicom catalog?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (24 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
24 KB, 1280x720
Is there a faster game than Recca in the nes/famicom catalog?
>>
No there's not.
>>
recca your face
>>
is there a more over rated shmup than recca?
>>
>>3115259
You serious? It's too obscure in an already (relatively, nowadays) obscure genre to be "overrated".
Sure it's not the best shmup ever but for the NES it's pretty damn enjoyable.
>>
>>3115268
obscure? its the only fucking nes shmup you faggots talk about. Its not even in the top tier of naxat games
>>
>>3115273
Just this last week I've seen good mentions of stuff like Guardian Legend, Over Horizon, Super Star Force, Abadox and others. I think you are exaggerating.
>>
The smash TV port is surprisingly good. Lots of sprites at the same time and a smooth frame rate.
>>
>>3115259
is there a more underrated shmup than crisis force?
>>
File: ikaruga-cover.jpg (36 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
ikaruga-cover.jpg
36 KB, 299x300
>>3115259
Yes.
>>
Sector-Z had a few pretty fast stages with plenty of bullets.
>>
>>3115259
m.u.s.h.a. babies
>>
>>3115259
I don't think there's too many people claiming it's that great of a game. Its claim to fame is being technically impressive.
>>
File: niggawhat.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
niggawhat.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>3115439
>implying musha fans aren't bros
>>
>>3115343
I will fight you in hell you sick son of a bitch.
>>
>>3115259
>>3115343
>>3115439
Posts like these are why people don't like to visit shmup threads.
>>
>>3115463
Because you can't deal with people having different opinions from you?

We wouldn't want pussy ass bitches like you around anyways
>>
File: YGW.jpg (11 KB, 161x214) Image search: [Google]
YGW.jpg
11 KB, 161x214
Have you praised Yagawa today, /vr/?
>>
>>3115449
this
>>
>>3115474
Because of the elitism that you're currently displaying.

People like you are the reason shmups became a niche genre.
>>
>>3115635
I'd rather a community of elitists who actually play these fucking games and know what they're talking about than clueless collector cunts and nostalgia tards like you who know absolutely fuck all about this genre at all. Please give us more ill informed opinions on how you like some shmup based on aesthetics alone or maybe some ill informed bullshit claim about some game being too hard or lacking some design that you aren't even good enough to recognize in the first place. Elitist just means dedicated individuals with a real passion for what they do and is a term coined by casual cry babies who don't have it in them to not be lazy degenerate fucks who collect things to make up for their lack of skill at everything that requires effort. The shmups community is too busy playing and enjoying what it does to care what outsiders think anyway. You stupid cunt with the i.q of a carrot.
>>
>>3115456
not gonna lie, mark got me into shmups. his enthusiasm is contagious.

>>3115449
it's a pretty damn good game though as well

>>3115653
you are very angry about video games
>>
>>3115653
>Elitist just means dedicated individuals with a real passion for what they do and is a term coined by casual cry babies who don't have it in them to not be lazy degenerate fucks who collect things to make up for their lack of skill at everything that requires effort.
No offense madbro, but i'm almost certain elitist wasn't coined by collectorfags. You're giving them too much credit. Maybe when you stop raging you can re-evaluate your statement, unless of course you're too busy 1ccing in front of an audience of endless topless soap-lathered asian women.
>>
>>3115449
I completely disagree though, Recca is great as a game.

That fucking final boss, man. Most intense 6 seconds of my life.
>>
Metal Storm and Gimmick are more impressive.
>>
>>3115259
Radiant Silvergun
>>
>>3115259
Doodoopoopy Die Oh Jew
>>
ITT: buttmad autists
>>
>>3116252
Including yourself?
>>
>>3115259
Gradius?
>>
>>3116195
>Metal Storm
while impressive it suffers from boss rush syndrome
>>3116195
>Gimmick
couldn't beat it so I can't complain, legit amazing game where the only downfall is either too hard or I just suck too much
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.