[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of relationship did you have with Glover, /vr/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: glover.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
glover.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
What kind of relationship did you have with Glover, /vr/?
>>
>>3114550
It was one of the games I got for Xmas when I first got an N64. The other games were Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, and Ocarina of Time.

I liked it. Not as much as the others of course. I eventually 100% completed it by collecting all the pick-ups and was super disappointed when the ending just said "congratulations."

The music in that first level is way more relaxing than it has any right to be. The spooky level was cool.

The cheat codes were fun.
>>
He gloved me in an uncomfortable area
>>
I was really excited about this game back then. I bought it on release, was amazed by how many different moves he had (as depicted on the huge card that came with the game) and played it for about an hour without making any real progress. Loaned it to a friend because he wouldn't stop begging me to borrow it, got it back like a year later and didn't have the interest anymore.

Went back to it a few years ago and it's pretty fun, I like it. Soundtrack is kind of awful in some spots, but pretty nice in others.
>>
It was one of those games that I liked playing as a kid and would probably hate playing now
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (22 KB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
22 KB, 250x190
I knew him, briefly
>>
Having played all the other 3D platformers that were more well known, I thought "Oh boy, look at this hidden gem!" So eventually we bought it, I thought it was okay, I bounced the ball without realizing it was crystal a few times, etc

And then I got to the frankenstein boss and just quit hard, I haven't picked it up to this day. I thought the game could have been worse though. It was at least interesting.
>>
>>3115117
Wow, me too. That Frankenstein boss just killed the game for me. I haven't picked it up again since.
>>
He touched my balls.
>>
File: glover_by_joshdilisi-d7hr6y6.jpg (96 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
glover_by_joshdilisi-d7hr6y6.jpg
96 KB, 1024x768
>>3114550
A very interesting game. The gameplay was strange, as in getting used to the controls and physics of the ball. The ball's weird physics does bring a interesting challenge, though I can't really tell it that's the product of good game design or bad game design. The game wasn't that hard though (except for the Frankenstein boss), as it just basically gave out lives left and right. It doesn't do anything new or special with its settings but it doesn't harm the quality of the game. The music is nice, especially in the water level.

I overall think it's a nice game, one that people who like platformers should at least try. Always wanted to see its sequel get released, but sometimes we can't always get what we want.
>>
enjoy playing with multiple balls
>>
It has some really fun and interesting cheat codes. I'll always remember discovering the Fish Eye Lens cheatcode for the first time as a child and them trying to figure out how to turn it off because I didn't memorize the actual code due to the fact that I was just pressing random buttons to make random noises at the pause screen.
>>
Got it for a then unheard of ten bucks at walmart. Fucking loved it, too. Way more atmospheric than I could've imagined.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.