[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adventure Island Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: master higgins.png (420 KB, 971x716) Image search: [Google]
master higgins.png
420 KB, 971x716
Who still plays these games? The first game is decent but fairly difficult and repetitive. 2 and 3 are amazing. Dinosaurs make any game more fun. I played through 4 once but it was kind of mediocre.

I also loved Super Adventure Island as a kid, though it doesn't have the same charm as the original games.
>>
I liked it better when it was called Wonder Boy.
>>
I prefer the Monster World series
>>
Do we really need another one of these fucking threads?
>>
>>3114253
I had a milf neighbor while growing up that was playing the first adventure island all day long,I remember visiting her house few times with my mother and watching her play.
Her kids also were really into it,I lost contact with them five years ago.
Fun times,but i could never beat it as a kid.
>>
>>3114384
Monster World IV is a masterpiece.
>>
Wonder Boy was great, the Adventure Island were just the same thing all over again with very minor changes. I liked them because I like Wonder Boy but they weren't that great.
>>
>>3114453
the Adventure Island sequels*
>>
File: conehead.jpg (207 KB, 422x593) Image search: [Google]
conehead.jpg
207 KB, 422x593
>>3114386
Yes.

u mad fag?
>>
>>3114452
II and III were better, but yeah IV is also very good. I was a bit disappointed about it being a puzzle platforner, not an ARPG platformer
>>
>>3114253
>Dinosaurs make any game more fun.

I disagree. the dinosaurs (and world maps) were unnecessary clutter that didn't add anything to the series. I prefer the charming simplicity of the first game or New Adventure Island.
>>
>>3114823
>Improvement isn't always a good thing
>>
File: AdventureIslandII.png (3 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
AdventureIslandII.png
3 KB, 256x224
Yes, I replay them often, when I feel like playing solid 2D platforming, can't get much better than Adventure Island.

II and III are my favorites, I agree OP. And not just because of the dinos, just overall the level design, bosses, enemies, etc is great.
>>
>>3114452
>>3114707
Monster Land is the best in the entire series.
>>
I got into them thanks to that bootleg that replaced the main character with mario.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.