[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SMT/Persona
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: p2ep.jpg (151 KB, 545x861) Image search: [Google]
p2ep.jpg
151 KB, 545x861
whats your favorite retro shin megami tensei game?

persona 2 innocent sin here, the first smt is a close one too
>>
I could not get into smt2 at all. It was my first attempt at a smt game... Couldn't get interested in the characters and just felt lost in what was going on...
>>
File: 1407290902067.gif (426 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1407290902067.gif
426 KB, 500x500
>>3114254
you should try persona 2, its like every smt but in 3rd person

also you have stands
>>
>>3114261
I tried playing that, but the start was so damn dull with everything doing tink damage and posing no threat whatsoever. Does the difficulty get better?
>>
>>3114158
>whats your favorite retro shin megami tensei game?
if...
>>
There isn't a good retro one in my opinion. They started being playable at 3.
>>
>>3114363
i still have to play this, do you know where can i find a translated rom?
>>
Persona 1 is so far my favorite, SMT1's pretty good too. Soul Hackers is the only other one I played, and while it's a fine SMT game, I feel like they should've done more with the setting. It doesn't really go out and differ itself from the rest of the series as much as it could.

Haven't played SMT2 yet, but I found Persona 2 too difficult to get into. Unlike P1, there seems to be tons of battles that last for quite a while due to the weaknesses of PC's party, even with auto-battle. P1's enemies at least had the decency to die in a single AoE attack after you overleveled them.
>>
Not shitting on the games, but for the most part I can't get into SMT/Persona. However, I do like Soul Hackers.
>>
>>3114269
Haven't played that one but the random encounters are the downfall of all of them. If you don't figure out a reliable way to limit or shut them off, they become very dull and frustrating.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.