[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where the fuck can I get high speed downloads of retro roms and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1422053263783.jpg (239 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1422053263783.jpg
239 KB, 600x600
Where the fuck can I get high speed downloads of retro roms and fifth/sixth generation iso's? I'm tired of dodgy sites like coolroms and slow download speeds from Emuparadise.

Surely there has to be a highly organised one stop shop for roms and ISO's....Right?
>>
>>3113990
You do realize that hosting ain't cheap, and these sites deal in goods of questionable legality? You should be grateful that you can even download these things without too much effort. Ungrateful seems to nice of a word for describing OP.
>>
There's those NoCD rom collections out there.

Otherwise those dodgy rom sites are usually the best you can do, especially for relatively large filesizes and isos like PSX games. Unless they're popular enough to be well-seeded on torrent sites, but that's increasingly rare these days.
>>
>>3113990
emuparadise is a blessing you sad bastard
>>
>>3113990
the iso zone?
>>
File: 1459395617290.jpg (388 KB, 647x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459395617290.jpg
388 KB, 647x1000
>>3113990
freeroms.com
>>
>>3114272
They're even worse, not even using mega as a host.
>>
I think pleasuredome is open atm
>>
Grab the full sets from pleasuredome
>>
>>3114330
>>3114401
This. All the speed you could want, and good rips. Failing that, rom depot and romulation have decent speeds.
>>
>>3114567
>rom depot

It's been dead for a while now.
>>
>>3113990
Are the No Intro sets on archive.org still being seeded?
>>
>>3113990
Idk if it still exists, but there was a private torrent tracker called Underground Gamer. It was retarded because they'd require you to maintain a ratio... If you downloaded a large, unpopular file, like, a PSX ISO that wasn't FFVII, you'd be doomed.
>>
>>3113990
>hating on coolroms
Yeah, okay, they suck balls now.

>hating on emuparadise
Emuparadise is the best, the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>3114569
So after all that posting about it, random drama(I got haxxed.....lol not really) and other bullshit, the guy didn't even bother to keep the site up? What a colossal faggot.
>>
>>3115587
That site shut down years ago, at the same time as bitGamer.
>>
Would it be interesting to have a tracker dedicated to ROMs and emulation? Or maybe it already exists?
>>
>>3116642
yes it exists and it has already been mentioned twice in the thread
>>
>>3115740
>Emuparadise is the best
>no sets
>no labels

I bet your roms are named something like "smw.smc"
>>
>>3116678
>can't actually name a better site
>>
>>3113990
if you stick to darkwater isos you can't go wrong.
>>
>>3116868
Emu-Russia for one-shot sets
Torrents for everything else
>>
The internet archive holds full MAME romsets per version it's very fast as well. It's the best way to get it, also going through rocketlauncher's youtube section the guy even explain from which sites it's worth to pay to get not only the roms but also the media (images, videos and whatnot)
>>
is there a good place to get emulators for original xbox? my ps emulator doesnt run parasite eve 2 very well
>>
What's wrong with coolrom?
>>
>>3113990
Emuparadise is great, just get premium you cheap motherfucker.
>>
>>3120168
Or he could get faster internet.
>>
Ggn
Get the nointros
Done.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.