[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amiga 500 appreciation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Favorite game?
Best graphics?
Best musics?
Best arcade port?

In my case, would be:

Turrican 3
Lionheart
Shadow of the beast
R-Type
>>
>>3113371
Bump
>>
>>3113371
I made a thread to complain about Agony >>3112490 but I'm actually enjoying it quite a lot.
>>
>>3113652
Agony isn't that bad, and the intro music was awesome (dimmu borgir rip of that song)
>>
>>3113692
Sure, the game is astonishing from an artistic perspective and definitely worth playing.
>>
Emerald mines, lemmings, apidya, gods, rainbow islands, hybris, alien breed, cannon fodder, sensible soccer, zool, superfrog, lotus turbo challenge, Nigel mansell gp, Lombard rally, huey, mindbender, shadow o the beast 1 and 2, arkanoid, wonder boy, golden axe, populous, pirates and so many others made the A500 GOAT.

Did anyone else have the expanded RAM? I think it was a gimmick and almost no games required it. That feel when we went through a new set of joysticks like every 3 months, at least you could buy them second hand at any pawn shop at the time!
>>
File: epyx500xj.jpg (5 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
epyx500xj.jpg
5 KB, 320x240
>>3113830
>new set of joysticks like every 3 months
Not if you know what to get.
>>
>>3113841u
Those were the best ones by far, we got like 9 months out of those.
>>
Could not afford and it surprises me that I still harbor resentment against those who could.

How can I better myself, /vr/? I hate Neo*Geo owners too.
>>
>>3113965

Shitpost about how the Atari ST was the better computer.
>>
I'd like an Amiga but it's hard to find one for as cheap as everybody says, and I even live in the UK.
>>
>>3114328
You have to be lucky. Any one selling online knows there's a demand and will charge the heaven and the earth for them. I got my 1200 for £5 at a car boot sale because the guy selling it had no idea what it was, just that it was his son's old computer.
>>
>>3113830
>lotus turbo challenge
More like every sprite-scaling racer ever (don't know how they were on arcade machines with analog controls though). All of them has horrible controls and the gameplay is basically a russian roulette of hitting or not random shit on the road. The only exceptions i can think of are first-person and more simulation focused ones - Street rod and Test drive, maybe with one Amiga game called Gee Bee Air Racing (but it was very, very primitive gameplay-wise).
>>
>>3113371
>What's the most impressive amiga wizardry you've seen?

Personally, Unreal and Lorna.
>>
File: Trans Atlantic Semen Pipeline.jpg (212 KB, 652x774) Image search: [Google]
Trans Atlantic Semen Pipeline.jpg
212 KB, 652x774
>>3113371
>Turrican 3
>Lionheart
>Shadow of the beast
>R-Type

:^)
>>
>>3113830
I installed the extra 0.5Mb RAM, and it actually added new graphic and sound elements to certain games such as Nuclear War, or rather it allowed the Amiga to run those elements.
>>
>>3115541
this is a good ass post
>>
>>3115541
>/sp/ memes from 2009
>>
>>3115245
Unreal art is god like, but that lorna isn't that spectacular.
>>
> Best music
https://youtu.be/wTLhWXv2I4A
>>
M
>>
Rick Dangerous
Populous
Civilization
>>
>>3119418
I never played that version of populous, it's better then Mega drive?
>>
>>3119775
I never played the mega drive version
>>
Wolfchild is a awesome game too
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.