[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you play it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: LSDPLUSOC.jpg (365 KB, 1600x1123) Image search: [Google]
LSDPLUSOC.jpg
365 KB, 1600x1123
Would you play it?
>>
No. LSD is a dumb game.
>>
>>3113228
ur a dumb game
>>
Sure. Turning is already slow as shit so why not? Would probably even be fine on Google Cardboard.

On a related note, true 3D emulators for Playstation and N64 when?
>>
>>3113219
Sure I would. But they should make it for PS4/vr/ with Osamu Sato as director. I have wanted to make a surreal walking simulator in unity for some time but never get around to it.
>>
I would.
>>
>>3113219
IIRC the guy behind LSD Revamped is considering Oculus support. If it gets released with that functionality, you bet your ass PewDiePie, Markiplier, and all the other big LPers will play it, and floods of 12-year-olds will join the Osamu Sato fanbase.
>>
>>3113312
every youtuber has already played the original. I mean I think youtube is cancer but lsd is already pretty popular.
>>
I'd play a windows maze screensaver game with the oculus
>>
>>3113312
they aren't "joining the fanbase" they're just temporarily indulging in a hyped up video game. these kids aren't out there following his instagram for his photos or playing tong nou or listening to his music.
>>
>>3113312
Is that even being developed still?
>>
>>3113219
Sounds like a good recipe for a headache mate
>>
>>3113781
That would be rad as fuck with the animated fractal walls.
>>
>>3113219

All things considered slow game like LSD and King's Field would be mechanically perfect for VR, obviously graphically they'd have to be better.
>>
>>3115079
FOV would need to get altered. We had a fairly long thread specifically about people getting motion sickness from playing King's Field on displays that were too large.
>>
>>3115083

Sounds like an interesting thread I'd love to read it was there any screen caps or anything?

Also, I didn't mean King's Field itself would be great for VR more a new game made in that style.
>>
>>3115096
https://warosu.org/vr/thread/S2861179
Wasn't that long I guess
>>
>>3113219
Yeah. I just played t for the first time last year. I don't know why but there is something strangely satisfying about it.
>>
File: Sexual.jpg (86 KB, 930x1280) Image search: [Google]
Sexual.jpg
86 KB, 930x1280
>>3115373
It's because you're literally getting inside someone else's mind- and an Asian chick's at that
>>
No. LSD is nifty but it would be improved in no way by a VR headset. I'd rather play games that were actually designed with VR in mind.
>>
>>3113241
Hell, good emulators for n64 when?

Sure, Pokemon Snap works now, but it's a far cry from perfect.
>>
>>3115830
Well obviously a Playstation emulator would be first and much more useful. I was just throwing N64 a bone since there are a respectable amount of good 3D games on it. Then you gotta come in being a Nintenyearold worrying about Pokemon Snap and shit.
>>
Actual LSD > PSX LSD.
>>
>>3113219
>gimmick device for a gimmick game

No thanks I like my games to have a lasting value past the ten minute mark.
>>
>>3113219
>hipster sucking virtual cock
I'll give it a miss
>>
>>3113219
Sure, I fucking love splitting migraines.
>>
>>3116069
There's nothing wrong with sucking cock.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>3115904
I mentioned Pokemon Snap because that game was impossible to emulate for years because of some weird quirks it used in the N64's hardware.

It becoming emulateable recently was a huge step forward in emulation, but sure, call me a retard.
>>
>>3113219
I rarely ever suffer from motion sickness but I'm pretty sure being that close to a screen would fuck with my brain.
Pass.
>>
Seeing the hat man in VR 3D would trigger me to no end
>>
>>3113219
Oh boy. Can't wait for kiddies to go
>grey man is just a slendermang rip-off
>>
>>3113312
LSD has already long become the strange game everyone plays because "Some LPer did it"
>>
>>3116161
>everyone has to like what i like
You're right. you should stick to /pol/
>>
>>3113219
I'm more interested to see mechwarrior 2 support it, since it apparently supported VR headsets back in the day. I'm more curious about a 90s headset though, did they really exist? I can't imagine they were very good. I know a number of consoles had 3D goggles back in the 80s but a VR headset kind of takes it to the next level, doesn't it?
>>
>>3116867
I don't think you really want me to call you a retard, Anon.
>>
File: 80s VR.jpg (31 KB, 500x627) Image search: [Google]
80s VR.jpg
31 KB, 500x627
>>3118113
>80s VR headset kind of takes it to the next level, doesn't it?
Yes
>>
>>3118125
Played on one of those once, Dactyl Nightmare the game was. Some arcade (or rather, an early type of barcade, like DnB or a less childish Chuck E Cheese) in Burbank, CA in 1998, was visiting relatives. You and a couple other people are hooked into these units together. Everyone is a generic blocky polygonal model with a gun. You walk around on these checkerboard colored platforms surrounded by void and try to shoot each other while pterodactyls would fly around SLOWLY and occasionally pick up a guy and drop him into the void.

It was okay. But it was like 2 dollars for 2.5 minutes and there was usually a line.

You know how when you stand up too fast and you feel, not dizzy, but sort of off-balance? Or like when you try to walk around when your foot and leg are asleep? Thats what it felt like while playing the whole time. Surprisingly not too hard to adjust to light after taking off the headset, and there is an attendant that helps you off the little platform (people trip).
>>
>>3118172
you mean this one?
https://youtu.be/rVn3H93Ysag?t=7m1s
>>
LSD is not supposed to have look around mouse movement so no. and the unity remake is shit
>>3118216
reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L200frTdeI4
>>
>>3118216
Yup, thats the one.
>>
>>3113219
I'd rather play Aquanauts Holiday Memories of Summer 1996.

I'd much rather play Space Griffon though.

Noby Noby Boy VR when?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.