[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your opinions on Sega Ages 2500? What are more any good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: ps2-1326720034.jpg (169 KB, 700x463) Image search: [Google]
ps2-1326720034.jpg
169 KB, 700x463
What are your opinions on Sega Ages 2500?
What are more any good /vr/ complitations for PS2 and other platforms?
>>
the Namco Museum series for PS1
>>
Someone just watched Game Sack.
>>
>>3111907
Why would you pay for roms and kusoge tier remakes when you can have the real thing.
>>
Namcollection for PS2 has slightly upgraded versions of Tekken, Ace Combat 2, Klonoa, Ridge Racer, and Mr. Driller.
>>
>>3111914
A lot of genesis games looked and sounded like shit on the real thing, though. That's where emulation can be a good thing.
>>
>>3111914
The Phantasy Star Collection had a lot of tuning options.
>>
File: salamander portable.jpg (68 KB, 500x871) Image search: [Google]
salamander portable.jpg
68 KB, 500x871
The PSP has good collections. This one has Xexex.
>>
File: trash.png (182 KB, 404x266) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
182 KB, 404x266
>>3111914
>kusoge
>>
>>3111912
I was aware of this series before any Game Sack.
>>
>>3111914
>Why would you pay
Why should I pay for games for a discounted platform?
>>
>>3111921
can help with the graphics, not the sound

just turn the volume down and put on some good music, or stream the snes soundtrack off youtube, lol
>>
File: nights004.jpg (142 KB, 799x600) Image search: [Google]
nights004.jpg
142 KB, 799x600
I got the Panzer Dragoon Sega Ages for PS2, and also pic related (which isn't a "Sega Ages" but it was going to be, I believe).

Both are sadly not really that good. I don't know if it's because of the dualshock d-pad, but playing panzer dragoon doesn't feel as good as on the Saturn, the analog stick doesn't help either. It just seems to be how the game is coded, something about the controls is off, same with Nights. Also this version of Nights is the one that was used for the HD re-release on steam and 7th gen consoles, and had the same control issues (but I believe it has been patched since, not sure).
On the credits of both games there's a lot of chinese names, instead of japanese, so you can tell Sega just outsourced this to some chinese studio. I know Sega Ages is supposed to be budget but at least other remakes/ports were done by M2 who are actually good.

At least Nights came with a nice package and a replica of the original fairy tale book that came with the first press Saturn release in Japan.
>>
some of them run in 240p, which is pretty cool.
>>
Midway Arcade Treasures is great.
>>
The Phantasy Star collection is nice.
-Main series 1-4 in both English and Japanese
-Hiragana text option for 1 Japanese
-Both Game Gear games
-All eight Mega Drive PS2 "text adventures"
-Scans of all box art, English and Japanese
-Japanese manual scans for the main 4 games and Game Gear games
-Misc other artwork scans
-Everything can be extracted off the disc fairly easily
>>
File: Sonics_UGC_PS3_ESRB1.jpg (560 KB, 1000x1151) Image search: [Google]
Sonics_UGC_PS3_ESRB1.jpg
560 KB, 1000x1151
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
>>
>>3111907
Most of them are pretty shitty, mainly the first ones that were outsourced to whatever chinese dev they could get their hands on.

Only get the ones made by M2
>>
Don't make the same mistake as me and choose volume 11. It isn't the same Hokuto no Ken (fist of the north star) as the beat em up, but rather a shit remake of the master system game called black belt.

I think fighting vipers, virtual on and the phantasy star remake are pretty good.
>>
Let's see which ones I can recall...

>PS1
All the Namco Museum games
>PS2
Activision Anthology
Atari Anthology
Capcom Classics Collection 1 and 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 1 (2 and 3 are recommended on Xbox)
Taito Legends 1 and 2 and the Taito Memories games
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Metal Slug Anthology
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Namco Museum (2001) (has the actually good Pac-Man Arrangement from '96, not that shitty new one they've been including in recent ones)
namCollection (JP-only, has five Namco PS1 games)
>PSP
Activision Hits Remixed
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
All of the Konami shooter compilations (Gradius, Salamander, Parodius, TwinBee; Gradius is the only one that came out in English)
SNK Arcade Classics 0 (Japan-only, although the US/EU PSN got the games as PS minis, plus some more stuff that wasn't included on it)
Power Stone Collection
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Taito Legends: Powered-Up
Sega Genesis Collection
>DS
Atari's Greatest Hits 1 and 2
Konami Classics Series: Arcade Hits
Namco Museum DS

>>3111907
I got that same disc, alongside standalone copies of the Tetris and Wonder Boy collections, as well as a standalone of Dynamite Deka because said 15-in-1 disc didn't work anymore.
>>
Sega Ages in general are pretty meh there are a few exceptions all the ones done by M2 especially the fantasy Zone, Wonder Boy, Treasure, and Galaxy Force II ports are amazing. Phantasy Star I hear good thinks about and same with Die Hard and Fighting Vipers. But don't bother with them really.

Taito Legends on Xbox/PC/PS2 are also very good compilations especially part 2 if you want to grab multiple versions for G-Darius and Rayforce.

Gradius, Parodius, and Salamander Deluxe packs on Saturn are excellent. Arcade perfect.

Capcom Legends on Saturn are also well done as well. SF 2 got perfect translation and same with Ghouls n Ghost.

Namco Legends are very well done compilations. I know Namco ports them everywhere but the quality on the PS1 ones are amazing.

SNK also released some on the PS2/Wii but i can't spoke for those nor the Capcom Generations.

SFA Anthology are the best versions of alpha but the PS2 controller sucks imo play it with something else but SFA 3 is just an emulated version of the arcade and doesn't offer the features from the PS1, Saturn or DC ports.

There's also a compilation for darkstalkers on PS2 but its JP only.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>3111907
The MSX collection for Saturn is cool.

Recommendations I agree with:
Sega Genesis/MegaDrive collection on 360/PS3
SegaAges2500 Treasure Collection
PS1 Namco Museum 1-6
PS2/Xbox Street Fighter Anthology

Super Mario All-Stars
>>
>>3116207
Also for PSP, Atari Classics Evolved was pretty good. Piss-poor emulation of the Atari 2600 though
>>
>>3116267
Alpha Anthology actually has SFA3 Upper as an unlockable; IIRC you gotta beat SFA3 once and then, on the game selection screen, highlight Alpha 3, hold Select and choose it.
>>
>>3111912

This is the worst type of post on this board

"Oh, you mentioned a videogame? Clearly you only know about it because of these ecelebs. There is no other possible way that people in a gaming enthusiast community could ever have heard about a videogame."

"Oh, you have an opinion? It happens to be the same opinion as this eceleb! Get your own opinions; this one is taken."
>>
>>3119751
On the point of e-celeb opinions, it's astounding how opinions held for 20+ years are suddenly being turned around and attributed to e-celebs and anyone who espouses them is a bandwagoning asskisser.

Has no-one thought that maybe e-celebs' opinions are informed by previous opinion instead of it being the other way around? I can't tell you how many "Nobody thought Castlevania 2 was a bad game until AVGN" gets thrown around here when this was the prevailing opinion of everyone in my second-grade class who had played it back in 1988 or whenever.
>>
>>3112647
This is the single best retro game compilation for any console ever. It captures the entire heart and soul of the Genesis.
>>
>>3118327
And I would put this MSX collection at 2nd after Sonic's Ultimate collection.

Nicely done /vr/
>>
>>3112647
$20 for an astounding game collection, I've been meaning to get this for a while.
I'm aware it's also on PS2/PSP but had a couple less games.
Aside from
>paying for Roms
Are there any legitimate problems with this game collection?
Poor emulation?
Glitches?
Problems with music?
>>
>>3119945

It has Sonic & Knuckles, but not Sonic 3 or Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

The Sonic on the cover looks reallt shitty.
>>
>>3118662
I was considering putting that one, but I remembered that yeah, the 2600 emulation on that was not very good, let alone the fact that you had to unlock it by getting all the trophies on those lousy remakes of the main arcade games.

...I will say this, though: much, MUCH better Atari compilation than that Retro Atari Classics thing that came out early on the DS' life, the one with the redone versions by the graffiti artists. They didn't even get Warlords right on that one!
>>
Umihara Kawase DS
Sonic Jam
Dracula X Chornicles
Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus
>>
>>3119614
Really? thanks for the info. Though i will admit i never really cared much for alpha 3 familia
>>
>>3116207
Fatal Fury Battle Archives 1&2 fr PS2 is amazing
I manly use my PS2 just specifically to play nothing but fighting games.
Have built up a pretty good collection of them for
having started collecting fighting games for it about 4 to 5 years ago.
That system is a fucking fighting game juggernaut.
A small piece of info for anyone wanting to get
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on PS2, you may end
up having to weigh the disk itself down with strips
of paper tape vertical along the outer rim of the
center hole. My understanding the reason it's
like this is because of it being a blue/purple disk
game that were just Cd roms instead of cdvd and are a tad bit lighter than the later counterparts they made standard. If you have a
blue/purple disk game and it will not read that
is most likely the reason I had to do it for Way Of The Samurai as well.
>>
>>3123004
Might want to check your PS2's laser. The first thing that stops working is CD and PS1 compatibility.

>>3120692
It also contains Hyper Street Fighter Alpha, a compilation game that lets you select any version of any character's fighting style from the 3 alpha games, plus sf2 and the versus series for some characters.
>>
>>3119952
Sonic 3 is in the game, but all the lock-on games weren't implemented due to time constraints and doing so meant that all the new game for the PS3/360 release wouldn't have been included due to tricks they did for the emulation to work.
>>
>>3119945
The voices in Space Harrier are pitch shifted and wrong

It's a good collection tho
>>
>>3124329
Yeah I see it everywhere and might pick it up on the cheap.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.