[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide to play quake on nightmare >"this is not so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: ogre_by_catwell.jpg (296 KB, 1111x1046) Image search: [Google]
ogre_by_catwell.jpg
296 KB, 1111x1046
>decide to play quake on nightmare
>"this is not so bad"
>more than one of these motherfuckers show up
>>
Quake Guy is fast for a reason. Use it.
>>
I think it's disappointing how the movement speed of enemies isn't affected by Nightmare. Melee-only enemies behave the same.

Shamblers actually become easier to fight in Nightmare too. They used to be a threat because they can close in on a player taking cover from their ranged attacks, but since their ranged attack rate becomes so high in Nightmare, a player can easily lock them in place.
>>
Ogres are not that bad, you quickly learn the rhythm of the grenades and dodge accordingly. Fucking shamblers, though.
>>
>>3111858
GROOOAAAAR!
PUFF!.. ping ping ping... BOOOOM!
>>
>>3111861
>Quake Guy is fast
this is the best dank meme I've found around. Thank you.
>>
I don't like Quake on nightmare, it starts feeling technical and you have to slow down a lot and you start to think of the enemies as mechanical, it loses the immersion.
>>
>>3112727

I thought I was the only one. Quake at higher difficulties has no mood. It's all scrambling and exploiting movement patterns.
>>
>>3112727
>>3112805
Conversely, I think Nightmare is the only way to play. Hard is too easy for me, and I'm not even good at FPS games.
>>
>>3114680
Nightmare literally breaks most enemies, though, like OP's Ogres that will fire as soon as they see you and never stop without even moving so it actually makes it easier to kill them, especially if it's the stock game (so no mods that allow them to aim their grenades if you're above or below them).

Hitscan Grunts also become fucking horseshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 960x720
>>3112664
>he can't bhop
>>
File: Spawn.png (20 KB, 324x315) Image search: [Google]
Spawn.png
20 KB, 324x315
GRUUUUH
>>
I always play on nightmare and its still easy as shit.

get gud.

Terminator: Future Shock and Blood. Now there are hard games.
>>
>>3117009
I don't know what's more annoying: those things or the drones from Duke3D
>>
>>3117091
Coolie ghosts from shadow warrior
>>
>>3117004
>bhopping = running speed
your down's syndrome is worsening with each passing second my man
>>
>>3117091
Drones can be stun locked with the chaingun or cheesed by closing a door on them. They get close enough to detonate but having a wall between you stops the damage.

The quake slimes need to be killed on sight before they start moving or you are almost guaranteed to take damage.
>>
>>3117331
>fast only means one set of movement with your legs.
Enough of your stupidity senpai.
>>
Does /vr/ play Quakeworld? I would like to see some people playing on FFA servers in Miami desu.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.