[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trashy games that many hated but you liked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
File: trash.jpg (77 KB, 613x950) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
77 KB, 613x950
for me it was this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VreBiCcJ4Rk

what about yours?
>>
>>3111773
I find it interesting that the company responsible for this game made some pretty competent emulators
>>
Gensis MK1. Crappy sound and graphics compared to the SNES port, but way better gameplay. The SNES handled jump kicks all wrong compared to the arcade.
>>
>>3111872
>Crappy sound
Nah, genesis had way better music

Matt Furniss can do no wrong
>>
>>3111847
yeah, Nesticle and Genecyst if i'm not wrong.

also, the two guys who made this game, now one works at Ubisoft, and one at EA Games.

also, the first one is making this indie game in the free time if anyone want to check:

https://www.google.it/search?client=opera&q=the+knobbly+crook&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
>>
File: Terminator_2_Genesis_front.jpg (132 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
Terminator_2_Genesis_front.jpg
132 KB, 640x908
It has a lot of issues but I still like a lot of the ideas the game had. Don't think it's anywhere near the "worst ever" reputation it has. Hell there's even worse Terminator games out there.
>>
South park n64, for many people this game is awful as fuck.
>>
>>3111928
From what I've seen it was all the other South Park games that had a shit reputation while 64 was considered to be just ok.
>>
>>3111872
b8
>>
>>3111924
This and Judge Dredd actually had some good ideas, both had that ear bleeding genesis twang sound though.
>>
>>3111773
also, Karate Kid for NES.
many consider it bad, but for me it wasn't such a bad game.
>>
>>3111995
Judge Dredd is on SNES though.
>>
File: mystic defender.jpg (119 KB, 800x517) Image search: [Google]
mystic defender.jpg
119 KB, 800x517
>>3111773
When i was a kid everyone i knew hated this game.
I loved everything about it.
>>
Bomberman Hero was seen as a break in the chain that is Bomberman games, but I thought it added a pretty decent platforming aspect. The types of power ups were actually OK, too. Even the Bomber vehicle levels provided a challenge, if trying to gain 100%. And I'm also a sucker for games with levels that have multiple exits. I'm a Bomberman fanatic, and although it's not the best, I do like it a lot.
>>
>>3112006
The SNES port sounded great, I had the Genesis port however :(
>>
File: TazmaniaJP.jpg (613 KB, 721x1000) Image search: [Google]
TazmaniaJP.jpg
613 KB, 721x1000
>>3112053
Bomberman Hero is great though, nothing trashy about it.

As for me, Taz-Mania for the Genesis.
I think a lot of people think this game sucks, but I enjoyed it a lot as a kid. Had the minecart level memorized and used to beat it every day after school.
I actually think the graphics are pretty good with big detailed sprites, and the sound, while not pretty, has a unique feature where your moves, and the moves of your enemies, act as music too, and it tries to sound like wacky looney toon music. Maybe it sounds shitty but I think it deserves credit for being original.
Also I believe the game was only coded by 2 guys.
>>
>>3112060
Nope, you have good taste. This game is far from bad, it becomes 10/10 once you ignore the cosmetic stuff

and yeah the two programmers you're referring to are responsible for the sound engine used in just about every American genesis game. That's pretty a big impact.
>>
>>3111773
another one i've played was this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=251Ri5ph2mw
which was a shitty MK clone with a lot of toilet humor, but if you exclude that, it wasn't that bad to me.
>>
File: Batman-Forever_MD.jpg (166 KB, 739x1024) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Forever_MD.jpg
166 KB, 739x1024
As hated as it is in Murica, it was always really popular back in slavland. Borrowing the control scheme straight from MK certainly helped, because MK was the king back then.

That aside:

>shitton of moves and gadgets (about half of them were completely worthless, but throwing them out every once in a while was part of the fun)
>secrets and hidden areas up the ass
>breddy decent soundtrack (one of the Follin brothers, IIRC)

I still remember seeing it on TV as a little 6-year old grot and getting completely blown the fuck away by the sweet-ass digitized graphics. The future seemed so real.
>>
Yeah, It's complete and utter shit compared to the others in the series, but it was immersive as fuck.
>>
>>3111872
Correct

>>3111976
Mistaken
>>
Loved this when I was a kid for some reason. Occasionally I think about going back and playing it again but I think it would be a bad idea.
>>
>>3111773
That '''artstyle''' and the sound effects remind me of a crappy beat them all that was on a shareware CD compilation I had when I was a kid . I think you were some kind of ripped samurai and bashed a bunch of zombies drawn with Paint.
It was shit but I had some fun with it. Although I can't remember its name, I think it was something cliché like "The Executioners". Does that ring a bell for anyone?
>>
>>3112436 (Me)
Nevermind, I googled the company's name and found it. It was actually named "Executioners" and I didn't know it was made by the Nesticle guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55nxYkuGggw
>>
File: 250px-Atlantis_no_nazo_boxart.png (114 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
250px-Atlantis_no_nazo_boxart.png
114 KB, 250x170
This game is garbage but I kinda like it.
>>
File: Totally_Rad_cover_NES.jpg (24 KB, 280x384) Image search: [Google]
Totally_Rad_cover_NES.jpg
24 KB, 280x384
The themes and story are goofy as fuck, but I found the gameplay to be fairly solid. Honestly don't really get where the negative reviews were coming from. I haven't played it since my brother traded his NES games with someone else though.
>>
>>3112440
1 2 3 KICK IT!
aniway, those enemies are not zombies, they are mutated humans, there was the story on the Bloodlust Software but since the site was closed you need to go there with wayback machine.
>>
>>3112467
Isn't this considered a good game? I never hear bad things about it.
>>
>>3112043
I enjoyed it too. If you liked that you'll also like Jewel Master
>>
>>3112516
The user reviews on gamefaqs are well below average, and it was featured on the "awfull games done quick" segment of AGDQ2015.

So I'm basing it off that.
>>
>>3111995
Are you gonna start this shit in every single thread now?
>>
>>3111872
What are you talking about, the music was way better on the Genesis compared to the SNES.
>>
File: 1427677531369.jpg (6 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
1427677531369.jpg
6 KB, 250x164
>>3113456
Not in this thread.
>>
>>3112348
I loved this game as a kid and still enjoy playing it

Shock pellet for the win
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.