[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's settle this debacle once and for all. Which is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: gngcv.jpg (270 KB, 878x547) Image search: [Google]
gngcv.jpg
270 KB, 878x547
Let's settle this debacle once and for all. Which is the greater retro horror-themed platformer series: Castlevania or Ghosts & Goblins?

Also, what do you think is the best GNG and CV game ever?
>>
GnG
>>
>best CV ever
Oh no, not again
>>
Both are high quality series, but Castlevania has a lot more titles and a bit more variety, so i go with CV.

As for best titles, for me:
GnG: Ghouls 'n Ghosts
CV: 3 or Rondo of Blood.
>>
I never thought of these two as competing.
>>
>>3111692

There is one guy who always posts on CV threads saying "real men play ghost n goblins".
Probably it's the OP of this thread.
>>
A non-Genesis port to avoid shit colors and sound.
>>
>>3111687
Ghosts n goblins is the winner here hands down
>>
One is comical the other is serious, you can't ask that, anon.
>>
>>3111687
If it's just "mainline" games than CV wins hands down for variety.

If it includes spinoffs like Gargoyles Quest or Maximo then the line is a lot blurrier.
>>
I'm no GnG fan, but I think CV is superior
>>
>>3112171

Do you know how the word "but" works?
>>
>>3111687
CV hands down, obviously
>>
I like them both but pre SoTN CV is hard to beat.

CV: IV or Rondo
GnG: SGnG
>>
File: red.jpg (7 KB, 214x217) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
7 KB, 214x217
>>3111687
Ghosts and Goblins has a cool disney-like artstyle, so it gets my vote.
>>
Ghouls 'n Ghosts > Ghosts 'n Goblins > Super GnG
>>
File: cv68kvsscb.jpg (243 KB, 748x398) Image search: [Google]
cv68kvsscb.jpg
243 KB, 748x398
Best CV is either X68K, New Generation, Rondo, or Amiga Castlevania. None of that Super Castlevania Bros. trash.

Best GNG is Ghouls on the Sega Exodus. The slowdown ruins the gameplay for SGNG.
>>
>>3112530

Oh hey look, it's australia-kun, and he changed the filename to fit his "SCB" skit joke.

Cheers buddy.
>>
>>3111687
>debacle
did you fuck that up by accident or is that part of the bait
>>
>>3112530

I love how you finally ditched Castlevania 1 and 3 (which you used to praise) for the atrocious Amiga castlevania, filling the 8-bit Castlevania spot, but without conceding it to Nintendo, fitting your anti-Nintendo agenda.

You are a wonderful troll, actually. But isn't it sunday midnight in Australia right now? You also get drunken on sunday nights?
>>
>>3112583
>atrocious Amiga castlevania
Hyperbole much? It's actually quite good.

>You also get drunken on sunday nights?
I'm retired, I can get drunk whenever I wish.
>>
>>3112602

I actually think it's terrible, like most "ports" of japanese games on western computers back in the day. The physics are completely off, the scrolling is choppy, the music sounds like a drunken, off-key version of the real thing, etc. I can understand that you have nostalgia for it, but don't expect people to take you seriously when you claim the amiga castlevania is good, it's really not.

>I'm retired, I can get drunk whenever I wish.

Don't you have grandsons or something else? Or you really are married to a man?
>>
>>3112530
Except CV4 is universally acclaimed and nobody gives a shit about your shitty X68 remake, take your useless, impotent opinions elsewhere.
>>
Australia-kun is streaming the hardest Castlevania game of all time!

http://www.hitbox.tv/loloth43nslond
>>
>>3112747
Hi, James.
>>
>>3112045
thanks autismo
>>
>>3113239
PS1 or x68k?
>>
>>3112747
>your shitty X68 remake
uncalled for
>>
>>3113276
Looks like 68k to me.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.