[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games you like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Galaga.png (25 KB, 250x322) Image search: [Google]
Galaga.png
25 KB, 250x322
That you aren't good at
>>
File: 00000010.jpg (69 KB, 773x539) Image search: [Google]
00000010.jpg
69 KB, 773x539
I have yet to find a game that gives me such a sense of speed as After Burner II does, but I am complete dogshit at it.
>>
>>3110731
I'm not too good at it either, but try to dodge vertically more than horizontally, and use the throttle to escape when missiles close in.
>>
>>3110731
>Adventures of the Amazing Exploding Plane

>>3110716
Was getting caught part of your plan?
>>
File: 00000034.png (80 KB, 704x448) Image search: [Google]
00000034.png
80 KB, 704x448
This is the only game ever that I can legit play better on an arcade stick than with a standard controller.
>>
>>3110716
Literally any RTS. Any gen. I'm just fucking bad at them.
>>
>>3110808
I have this same problem.
I'm dogshit at all of them but dammit I still love playing them.
>>
>>3110837
Yep. Fucked if I'll ever even try to play one competitively. All of my friends are fucking great at RTSs.
>>
>>3110716
Any fighting game. I like the large detailed characters though.
>>
>>3110808
I cheated all the way through both -craft series just because I liked their stories and I wasn't going to let the diaper RTS slaps on my brain ruin the fun.
>>
>>3110716
You're not alone OP.
>>
>>3110716
I used to be utter dogshit at galaga when I was younger. I kick its ass now, though.
>>
Every single Mega Man
>>
>>3110962
Welcome to being literally everyone.
Those goddamned boss gauntlets in every game.
>>
>>3110981
>everyone
i grew up on megaman 2 so even without practice its not hard for me
>>
>>3110716
Robotron 2084.
>>
File: Warriors_of_Fate.png (29 KB, 384x224) Image search: [Google]
Warriors_of_Fate.png
29 KB, 384x224
shit gets crazy in later levels
>>
I just don't get how to build characters in games with stat allocation. There's a lot of games where I enjoy that do require it, but I always have to wait for some guide so I can get help with that part.
>>
>>3112658
yeeeeeeeeeep
>>
I have Ghouls and Goblins on the NES, and it's pretty fun, but hard af and has a crappy ending if you ever actually get to play it.
>>
>>3110981
>>3110962
Try 2, it's piss easy.
>>
I love interactive fiction (I.E. Zork), but I'm so bad at them that I rarely progress.
>>
>>3110716
almost all action games.
i'm not joking.
there are so many games i would just like to "turn on and play a few levels" of, but they all kick the shit out of me.
Mario's momentum has me constantly falling off ledges.
I can never beat the final boss in MegaMan games.
shmups are ruthless, i rarely get past the first level.
the only games i can beat are Kirby and DKC games
>>
Old Castlevanias, only finished the first.
>>
>>3110716
Yeah, I love 1 and 2 but I'm dogshit at them.
>>
>>3113327
Pretty much this, but with every SHMUP. I am fucking garbage at them but I love playing them.
>>
>>3112723
>he doesn't want strongth
>welling in his body
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.