[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Caesar III Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: LundiniumPalaces1.jpg (233 KB, 671x509) Image search: [Google]
LundiniumPalaces1.jpg
233 KB, 671x509
Caesar III is on sale right now on GOG. I loved this game, so I picked it up and it's just as fun as ever.

Post your cities, /vr/!

How do I beat Taracco? I tried playing last night and it seems like everything goes to shit immediately. You have no farmland and what little farmland I did have got an earthquake fissure running straight through it and ruining my farms, plummeting me into bankruptcy. I spent my first Caesar loan on improving the mood because the Gods keep fucking with me. It's hell.
>>
Taracco is one of my favourite maps in the game.

I'd say start with just placing down housing, wells, engineers, prefects and temples, then get your exports going, especially marble. After the earthquake has triggered, farm for wheat, it grows twice as fast as other foodstuffs. Do not feed your people anything other than food.

Set taxes to 0 and set wages to 32 (2 more than Rome) and you'll never have mood problems. Exports in Taracco will give you more than enough money.
>>
File: Taracco 01.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Taracco 01.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Here's a really basic start. Housing, engineer post, marble quarries for export, temples to all gods, doctor clinic. That's all you need to start with. Get some money on the go from exports then start seeing about farming that land.
>>
>>3110578

Thanks anon, i beat it with some luck and your tips. Now im on miletus. What a bitch. I have an idea on what to do there though, unless you have more tips.

>>3110626
Tips for miletus? Do invaders spawn at the same place every time? Is there such a thing as too many ships?
>>
>>3110368
>Caesar III is on sale right now on GOG.
Expect it isn't?

t. GOG social media representative
>>
>>3110794

>lying about your job on 4chan

At least pick something a little cooler and more useful than "Social Media Representative", what a fucking joke.

And if it's not on sale, then how come I paid less than what its retailing for now on GOG?

fuck off
>>
>>3110778

Invaders come from set points, so if you know where they come from in advance then you are at a great advantage. Same for all of Caesar's requests.

It is hard to judge how much food a dock will give you, but more is generally better. Just remember that you do not have to rush to feed your population: If everyone is living in tents then they won't be unhappy about not getting food. It's only when some people are fed and some are not that the tent dwellers start getting angry. Stockpile a couple granneries' worth of food before building any markets and you will have a much easier time when bringing food to your people.

Screenshots would really help with showing how to improve your cities. Show us what you have so far.

I'll also plug this, the 1920*1080 mod for C3, it's a godsend. http://dl.dropbox.com/s/9rujui8kqlm4cql/c3%20-%201920x1080.exe
>>
>>3111785
>I'll also plug this, the 1920*1080 mod for C3, it's a godsend. http://dl.dropbox.com/s/9rujui8kqlm4cql/c3%20-%201920x1080.exe

Thank you so much for this. I can finally play C3 without it fucking over my dual monitor setup.
>>
How do you play on military maps?
>>
>>3111829

As soon as exports are running, build a barracks, Military academy and a fort for javelins and for mounted. Eventually have 3 javelins, 3 mounted when you can afford it.

If weapons are available and you can afford it, replace mounted with Legionnaires.

Most levels do not require walls or towers at all.

If you are desperate, farm a blessing from Mars. To do this, delete his temples until he is "displeased" then build him more temples than the other gods until he is "Exalted". He will give you a spirit who will strike down a large chunk of an invasion, usually enough to destroy the entire first invasion of any map.

All gods can be farmed this way. Just get them to displeased, then exalted.
>>
File: c3.jpg (632 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
c3.jpg
632 KB, 1680x1050
>>3110626

How everyone does things differently is why I like this game.
>>
i played master of olympus - zeus years ago and i want to pick up a similar game. what is the best city building Sierra (other developers are fine too) game?
>>
>>3112370
The one this thread is about
>>
>>3110578
>Do not feed your people anything other than food.
What, can you feed them marble if you choose?
>>
File: loops.png (1 MB, 1022x760) Image search: [Google]
loops.png
1 MB, 1022x760
>>3112180

Yes, but I abhor the square block design. It's so stiff, inflexible and inefficient.So often you will need to rely on little tent outposts, like you have by the docks there, not to mention how it becomes a mishmash of insulae if you upgrade to Large or Grand. a 1*1 building consumes as much pottery and furniture as a 2*2 while housing only a quarter the population.

>>3112390

mistype, I meant to say feed your people grain only. Diversifying food types only causes trouble unless you are specifically tying to upgrade to Grand Insulae or higher. I can't recommend trying to feed them marble, mind you.
>>
I WANT TO BE A LION TAMER
>>
>>3113032

>builds 10 marble quarries
>>
>>3113032
DOWN WITH THE GUVNAH!
PAAAH TO THE PEOPLE!
>>
How's Miletus OP? Let's see some screenshots.
>>
>>3112370
There's also Pharoah (+expansion) and one set in China.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.