[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ready to bet that nobody here managed to beat this pain in the ass.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Ciel1PC.png (25 KB, 316x200) Image search: [Google]
Ciel1PC.png
25 KB, 316x200
Ready to bet that nobody here managed to beat this pain in the ass.
>>
I did. Not the PC version, like your picture, though.
>>
>>3109294
Never beated it, just cried . That music though
>>
>>3109427
I've currently collected 82% of the game's electoons. It's surely a more painful task that in Origins.
>>
>>3109294
I am currently playing the PS1 version on my PS3. I have all of the zones up to Space Mama's Crater completed 100%. I am on the level Space Mama's Crater right now. I intend to finish this game.
>>
>>3109294
Indeed, utterly impossible for me.
>>
As far as I'm concerned, the game ends at eat at joe's. Seriously though fuck those rom hack tier levels, everything in the late game is made of blocks and non descript floating platforms. At least the final boss chase is fun.
>>
>>3109294
I beat it when I was a kid, took me about a year to find all those cages though, spent a whole week grinding 99 lives on the first stage for easy ting (blue orbs) gathering because I was afraid of losing my last life. I remember I had around 20 left when I finally found the last cage in The Caves of Skops.

Played it recently but had to use the internet to find the rest :|

Anyone here interested in using the level editor to make some custom maps?
>>
I've beaten it. I had to look up the internet for two cages though.
>>
Great game, but I always thought the difficulty in it was extremely unbalanced. It has pretty big difficulty spikes with Band Land, Picture City and Space Mama. Then it gets easier again before you get to those fucking fish at Eat at Joe's.

>>3109991
Describing the late level as a "rom hack" is pretty accurate. Not sure where I read this, but IIRC the developers said they didn't playtest this game much and it was designed more around what the developers themselves thought was challenging, which is a problem with a lot of these Kaizo-like romhacks.
>>
>>3109294
My friend beat it and I was always better than him so it's basically my achievement too. I honestly just didn't care to play that gay game.
>>
>>3112401
This is my new fave troll post.
>>
So we can all agree there's no shame in looking up guides for this game right?
>>
My first adult girlfriend got this game because she thought it looked cute and easy. Midgame I started having to beat levels for her then when it got to where she wanted me just to play it for her to watch and it was extremely difficult I threw it away and told her that her ex-roommate stole it.
>>
>>3112596
My mom bought it for me because she thought it looked cute and easy too...

She also bought me a Rugrats game for the PS when we didn't have one or known about emulators :|
>>
>>3109294
I collected 100% of Electoons.
>>
>>3113117
Fuck that Doppelganger.
>>
>>3109531
same here, bought it on ps3 and got all cages up to space mama, then dropped it. should i give it another go?
>>
Say what you want about the difficulty of later levels but stuff like the timing/platforming in Allegro Presto, the area in the mountains where you have to cut ropes with the enhanced helicopter ability or the swamp region where you have to plant those large flowers are some of THE most tense moments in retro gaming.
>>
What level is that?
>>
>>3109294
finished it 100%
>>
>>3114274
Yeah sure. It's a great game, you should finish it. It doesn't get any easier though.
>>
>>3113117
Did you use a walk through or did you actually have the patience to do all that shit.

> Dis mothafucka is gonna tell me he did all dat shit back in the days before internet walk throughs. I just fucking know it.
>>
>>3114637
The part in Blue Mountains where you have to cut through ropes isn't too bad. The part after that on the other hand though. Oh my fucking god. There's a part where you have to jump on slippery as fuck platforms and punch these little bouncing rocks that are on the platforms to get to the other platforms. The little rocks explode sending fragments all over the place that can hurt you. You have to move to avoid the pieces which makes you slide all over the platform you are currently on and you can slip off and possibly fall to your doom. Oh and the rocks re-spawn if you leave that area of the screen that they were on.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.