[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
0.5 A presses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: fdf.png (40 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
fdf.png
40 KB, 1024x768
SM64 no A presses when?
>>
>>3108034
That video was so fucking autistic. Do people unironically buy into that half-A bullshit?
>>
>>3108042
it's just another way of pointing out that you had the button depressed when you started the level without having to call it "having the button depressed at the start of the level a-presses"
>>
>>3108042
It's actually a simple internet phenomenon, but first let's talk about para-lel universes
>>
>>3108051
it's called modular arithmetic
>>
>>3108047
Why not a preemptive press?
>>
>>3108054
sounds good to me, idk
guess they just already decided to go with half-a press
>>
I actually have to be thankful for that guy's video. Now when people ask me I hate speedrunners, all I have to do is link it to them.
>>
>>3108065
Fucking kek I do the exact same thing.
>>
>>3108054
>a name that actually makes sense that fully explains what it does and how it works without the need for a half-hour video

Anon, you don't know how speedrunners work, do you?
>>
>>3108065
>>3108076
i thought it was pretty fun honestly
>>
>>3108080
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the shit out of it.

I was laughing at how stupid it was the entire time, though.
>>
>>3108080
Oh it is fun, in the same way a cheesy bad movie is fun.
>>
>>3108083
it was a bit ridiculous but i wouldn't say it's why i hate speedrunners, if anything i'd say the opposite, it's why i find them entertaining

if people wanted to know why i hate speedrunners i'd link them some games done quick autism or the thing with that guy's wife that cheated on him
>>
>>3108092
>tfw I personally know a Games Done Quick guy.
I've tried to show him the light of reason, but it's hopeless.
>>
>>3108095
gdq can be all right sometimes, especially when they get people who are actually exploring new glitches and ways to break the game in doing cool new stuff. i think tasbot doing the super mario world arbitrary code execution was probably the best thing they've ever had there.

the drama and faggotry is bad and gets worse each time, though. i don't even watch it live anymore, i just look for the handful of runs that actually look interesting and watch those when i get a chance
>>
>>3108034
If the game mechanic is set that an action happens when you press the A button in and the action finishes when it is depressed, you can call it a half-press.

I appreciate people's autism for their hobbies. I would much rather see that than some WorldStar bullshit.
>>
>>3108076
I don't understand.

You circlejerk about "old" games on a board specifically for it, but mock others who find optimized, new, or challenging ways to play the exact same games?

Are you perhaps from a certain place that begins with an "r"?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.