[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm playing Phantasy Star in Retroarch and the cheats are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Phantasy Star (UE) (v1.3).png (6 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Phantasy Star (UE) (v1.3).png
6 KB, 256x192
I'm playing Phantasy Star in Retroarch and the cheats are not working. I noticed this happening in some SMS games. I never have problems with NES games. Does anybody what the issue here might be?
>inb4 sjw-vr-autists get triggered by savestates and cheats
>>
>triggered by savestates and cheats

>>>/v/

Out.
>>
>>3107892
>triggered by savestates and cheats
this is literally /vr/ if you include filters, non-inter scaling and emulation you delusional prick
>>
>>3107896

>whining

Out.
>>
>>3107898
all the autists on vr whine
>>
>>3107903
>insults will get me the answer I want!
>>
>>3108004
>autism will make me look superior
>>
>>3108023
Noone's talking about autism.
This obsession with autism is really, really deranged. It's a meaningless statement.
>>
>>3107896
>>3107903
stop replying to it
>>
>>3107883
use kega fusion instead
>>
>>3108028
This.
>>
>>3107883
Retroarch seems to have bugged cheat support. Depending on the system, Game Genie codes will work, but not Gameshark.

You might need to bug the developers for this to get fixed. I tried several times but since I am just one guy, they don't give it any priority. Asking for some pointers on where to look to fix it myself were ignored as well.

Dunno, call me a weirdo, but I think it's more useful to fix that feature that exists in menus and other subsystems of the emulator but doesn't work properly, than adding minecraft-clone cores that few are going to use at all.
>>
File: RetroArch-0402-155459.png (438 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0402-155459.png
438 KB, 1280x960
>>3108168
You know what? I just experimented a bit and it turns out the guys from Retroarch are total idiots.
Pro Action Replay Codes are stored in CHT file as for example "00C4-01FF". When you look at replace codes they are actually XXXXXX:YY so when you change it to "00C401:FF" then the code works. Now my cheats in Phantasy Star work! Yayyy!!!
I guess it must be the same issue with Gameshark. Experiment a bit and it should work too.
>>
>>3109025
Oh my god seriously? I didn't think of that because the example .cht files use XXXXXXYY format instead of XXXXXX:YY. Holy fuck. I'll try this out later!
>>
>>3109025
Damnit, tried XXXXXX:YY but it doesn't accept them for snes or genesis. The whole PAR code situation is a mess. Hopefully they'll fix it sometime, it's a pain having to convert codes manually.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.