[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hop on the Bay of E >look for cheap system, like Wii or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1457486730781.jpg (60 KB, 450x576) Image search: [Google]
1457486730781.jpg
60 KB, 450x576
>hop on the Bay of E
>look for cheap system, like Wii or Genesis
>find some good deals, in good condition, around 30-50 dollars

>30-50 dollar shipping

WHAT THE FUCK. This shit costs at most 10-12 dollars to ship USPS.
>>
They don't pay seller fees on shipping.
>>
>>3107753
The shipping is so obviously a dumbass way for them to make a huge profit on an item that's only worth like 40 dollars.

It's really fucking irritating.
>>
>>3107756
You can report listings like that and eBay will ban the fuck outta the seller. It's a violation of their policy for sellers to try to circumvent fees by making the shipping costs outrageous.
>>
>>3107753
Actually with new sellers fees you do.
>>3107751
It rarely happens these days. Though to ship a console with its box costs at least $30 usually.

A big console box like the NES sports set can get to $50 pretty easy for shipping.
>>
>>3107871
Where? I live in Alaska and ship car parts cheaper than that, an entire turbo back exhaust system was $43 to ship.
>>
>>3107879
That's what USPS charges.
A small console like a SNES or Wii with out box shouldn't be much more than $10.
>>
>>3107881
That's what I was saying. The box was over 3 ft long and full of stainless steel. These guys are raking over the coals worse than rockauto.

>that wasn't a cactus captcha, it was a romenesco floret.
>>
OP here.

I've been looking, and the only good quality Wii and Genesis I can find (the Model 1 Genesis with the right model number) keep having retarded fucking shipping.

This guy wants like 45 dollars to ship a Wii. That's literally at least 30 dollars profit off shipping.
>>
>>3107921
Report them then. Nobody cares.
>>
>>3107921
Just go to a pawn shop, craigs etc. There is always wii's for $50 or less in my town of 30k. Sometimes you have to close the Web browser and pick up the phone to find a deal. Don't be afraid to haggle.
>>
>>3107926
Wow, you're so nice. I did start reporting them.

>>3107928
The ones near me are overpriced because I live in a big city.
>>
>Hop on ebay
>Look for model 1 Genesis, VA2-VA5
>Find one with free shipping
>Buy it now, $14.
>Only problem it has is no screws

Like I give a shit about no screws, once I have it modded and setup, it's not gonna be moved any time in the foreseeable future anyways.

Just keep looking OP, I had to dig through a number of $30-$50 Genesis's to find this one. And like others say, report those with excessive shipping costs.
>>
Go check your local pawn shop. I bet you'd trip over a stack of Wiis as soon as you walk in the door. Genesis shouldn't be more than 30 bucks IRL either.
>>
Buy shit like that locally. There's a pawn shop I buy tons of shit at that always has tons of $30 Wiis and sometimes $20 if they're ugly.
>>
>>3107756
eBay charges a final value fee on shipping since like 2010.

Theres no benefit to it anymore. You used to have people selling 100 dollar items at 5 + 95 shipping to get around the final value fee, which is why that's the case.

In all likelyhood, if it's 30 bucks shipping that's realistically what it costs to ship the item. I know for a fact a couple of PS2 games in a bubble mailer basically costs me 16-20 bucks CAD to go from Vancouver to the southern united states.

so tldr; quit bitching about shipping prices, if you don't like it, buy it locally.
>>
>>3107751
I ordered a Wii for about $46 and it come out to around $50 after shipping. Shipped fast and came unscathed. Idk how the hell you found that ridiculous shipping cost.
>>
>>3107751
Sort by Price + Shipping: lowest first

Pick the cheapest one that is acceptable and quit your whining
>>
>>3107751

Ebay businesses tend to charge shit-tons for shipping and handling.

Key word: Handling.

That packing material and the labor to pack it up and get it shipped out are not free.

If you can't accept that then buy from someone who doesn't bill for handling.
>>
>>3107862
Better yet; threaten the seller.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.