[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emulating Machine thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 617TAu5iGdL._SL1000_.jpg (83 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
617TAu5iGdL._SL1000_.jpg
83 KB, 1000x1000
I've been missing my Xperia play so I'm thinking about picking up a psp go. Tell me a better idea to fill my handheld emulation void.
>>
The PSP go has become surprisingly expensive. If you want to use a PSP to emulate you're better off getting a cheaper 3k model
>>
I have a psp go for that exact purpose, and it is fuckin nice to just pick up and play some PS1/gameboy games. I really enjoy it, I got it a year and a half ago for like 50 bucks though.
>>
There are no emulation general on the catalog so I'll ask my stupid question here :

Are rom files getting modified / altered in any way while playing, putting it in a sd card, an emulator, ... anything? I'm asking because my toaster doesn't have much disk space so I'd like to know whether I should keep the .rar of rom files I download or not.
>>
>>3106943

don't see why you would think a ROM would get "modified" by an emulator at any point... does itunes modify MP3s when it plays them? same thing... get rid of the RAR files unless you wanna keep backups of the compressed files for whatever reason. files get compressed for quicker transfer online. that's all.
>>
>>3106953
Just wanted a second opinion, gotcha thanks.
>>
Another dumb question : do filenames matter when it comes to roms? Do they have to be named accordingly (i.e. not renaming them) for them to work or can I rename them in whichever way I want?
>>
>>3106981

they should work without having to rename them at all. if anything, a couple PSP emulators may require the roms to be in a specific directory which can't be changed... but even that's not too common. file names won't be an issue unless you're using some old-ass technology that only supports titles that are 8 characters long (such as a Super UFO Pro 8 cartridge or something).
>>
>>3106987
Alright, thanks.

I don't plan on renaming them all or anything though as it's probably a better idea to keep filenames like "number - name of game - (region)(team)" in case there's a problem and I need to download a different version, etc. Was just asking because I at least want my organization to be consistent and a few games differed from that said norm.
>>
>>3106943
>>3106953
If you want to play playstation games on the PSP, then you have to convert them
Otherwise no
>>
>>3106892
It's actually cheaper than the 3000 on Amazon.
>>
>>3107210
Check a flea market if you can. I got a psp there $25 for emulation. Usually will find them in the sub $50 range.
>>
File: iCade.jpg (929 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
iCade.jpg
929 KB, 1836x3264
>>
>>3106892
not really still get one for $169 new
>>
Came in to mention the raspberry pi 3. Just got one and it runs up to psx nicely. Does get hot but you can just go without a case and buy some $4 heat sinks instead.
>>
>>3106876
>Xperia play
Mah /vr/igga. Been playing the shit out of SMS and NES games on mine. How did yours go poof? Slider break? Lost it?
>>
>>3106876
You can get an xperia play for like... 30 dollars.
>>
>>3108039
Mine just didn't want to charge and had many issues with the battery and the actual port. When it was time to get a new phone I immediately jumped ship to getting a note and have regretted losing my contract on one of the coolest phones I've ever had.
>>
Also I do have a psp 3000, although nothing was better than having a thin sliding handheld that fit amazingly in my pocket that I could wip out at any given point and play some Dragon Ball Z Super Sayia Den Setsu.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.