[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 145952146960157.png (17 KB, 706x615) Image search: [Google]
145952146960157.png
17 KB, 706x615
Great game
>>
>>3106787
Yeah FF1 had encounters that would just fuck you over entirely based on the RNG. It sucked.
>>
>RNG
>Such a hard game!
>>
>>3106809
>RNG
>Such an easy game!
>>
>>3106787
Come back after the Ice Cave you pussy.
>>
File: Fucking Zoidbergs.png (4 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Zoidbergs.png
4 KB, 256x224
>>3106796
I still like it. Though this shit makes me want to cry.
>>
>>3106832
Oh are you talking about the eye?

Shut the FUCK UP.

WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT ABOUT THAT?

Every faq talks about that eye being super powerful despite it's low HP. THE LOW HP IS WHAT LETS YOU ONE SHOT IT. HOW HAS ANYONE EVER LOST TO THAT FUCKING THING.
>>
>>3106832
Marsh Cave is by far the worst dungeon in the entire game. You don't expect such a difficulty spike so early in the game, and you may need to do some grinding.
>>
>>3106871
>Oh are you talking about the eye?
No, son of a submariner, I'm talking about pic related.
>>
III was better

I played both the DS remake and the NES version, both are different enough to be worth playing

It's amazing how well rounded III is, in the sense of not being a fuck up in the technical level

I mean, most RPGs, even nowadays, have a problem of making the game unplayable if the player fucks up character progress because he lacked knowledge
Chose a black mage in FFI without knowing about glitched INT? eat shit
Made a character without paralisys inmunity in Daggerfall? eat shit
You put the wrong skill points in your characters in Etrian odyssey? eat shit
and so

Final Fantasy III does not have that bullshit
>>
>>3107685
>Chose a black mage in FFI without knowing about glitched INT? eat shit

Black mages are actually useful in FF1, unlike thieves.

Only magic users are worth teamslots in FF1 because they can make combat (the core gameplay) something other than press A to win.
>>
>>3107720
You have to press A and pick your targets individually because there's no auto target when a monster is dead. It's STRATEGIC.
>>
I heard that FF1 stat increases at level up are random so you can reload your game until you get good rolls and in this way make your WM as strong a F.

Is this true?
>>
>>3107741
No.
>>
>>3106787
MISS
>>
File: 7.gif (16 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
7.gif
16 KB, 125x125
>>3106787
>Get a used copy of FF from FuncoLand for Christmas
>No manual or box, just the generic NES cartridge sleeve
>Give the Black Belt nunchucks for the first 10-15 levels because "he needs a weapon, right?"
>God damn, the White Mage could attack for better damage
>Accidentally forget to equip his latest weapon around Elfland
>FuckingFistOfTheNorthStar.png
>Almost restart just to see him kick more ass along the way
>>
File: dammit.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
dammit.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
I survived this battle miraculously and got to the next town.
>>
>>3108348
before you say anything, this was before I had figured out the order of characters.
>>
File: whitemage-shaman.png (379 B, 72x104) Image search: [Google]
whitemage-shaman.png
379 B, 72x104
>>3108348
And III was indeed better. Not the NDS remake.
>>
>>3107720
iirc if the thief almost always succeeds at retreating, which can be useful if you get in over your head but monk is probably better overall
>>
>>3107685
Yeah I and III really are the best in the series.
>>
>>3108367
ONLY if he's in the third slot.
>>
>>3106787
>those names
Is that some sort of retranslation?
I sure hope you're not playing an easymodo gameplay hack and still complaining about the difficulty.
>>
>>3107685
>glitched INT?
No such thing. INT was never supposed to affect magic damage. It never had in any 1987 or previous game and there's no reason to assume it was supposed to in Final Fantasy. Magic damage was pure dicerolls (with maybe modifiers based on your experience level) in most 80's RPGs, with FF2 possibly being the first to have an actual magic damage stat.
>>
>>3108349
Is this your first RPG? Battle order is like RPG 101, bruv.
>>
>>3106787
I thought it was very good. It's been many years since I played it, but I remember some parts being too cryptic. Then again I was probably too young and stupid for the game.
>>
>>3108635
Also, took me along time to get over my fear of going into the forest to fight the orcs or goblins. Damn i had legitimate nightmares from it. I don't think I could even read then either.
>>
>>3108403
It's this:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/12/
>>
>>3108410
Explain what it's SUPPOSED to do then.
>>
>>3106787

I barely play video games anymore, but this was on the front page and I just had to pop in.

FF1 was my first srs RPG, and I replayed the North American NES cart about a year ago, was very fun. Even my dad remembers the battle music from when I was a kid, the worst were a pack of 3-4 wizards in the marsh cave when I didn't understand how to fully prep, so grinding near elfland is my first memory of RPG-game grinding.

This time around, I made a point of seeking out and defeating every enemy, multiple times, some of which are a bit hard to encounter (MUCK, DROP, something like that. The orange guy). I went up the tower a good 3-4 times just to fight WARMECHs and notch them. I actually did a bunch of superfluous leveling toward the end which I was rather enjoying desu, got up around level 40.

Like another anon said, this time around, the hardest thing that I can recall was the Ice cave. Also a bunch of spells are completely, literally useless in this particular port, so that made spellbuying more straightforward.

I think the Northwestern continent looks a bit like Newfoundland.
>>
>>3108414
Battle order isn't as intuitive in FFI as in other RPGs.
>>
>>3107019
Marsh Cave managed to stop my progress from ages 3 through 9. It was only until I discovered buying 99 potions of each type did I make it through.

Wizards still gave me a hard time, but eventually I fought them when there were only two in the group, so I was able to win. Lost to Astos a few times afterwards, but eventually got him and sailed for the Earth Cave next, now with resurrect in tow. Amazing how much easier dungeons are when you can revive people in the field.
>>
>>3109905
How so? The logic is the same, guys at the front get hit more. How's that different from anything else?
>>
Final Fantasy 1 is still one of my favorites in the series. And these days, there are some awesome patches for it that make it even better.

>>3106838
Sorcerer ambushes are hilarious. Slain, slain, slain.
>>
>>3111771
Because the visuals make you assume that everyone has an equal chance of being hit. It's not like FF7 or Romancing SaGa where you have rows and formations.
>>
>>3112247
Couldn't they think of a better way to avoid copyright trouble for Mindflayers than Sorceror?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.