[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonic 3 FRAM dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: SDC11337.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
SDC11337.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
My sonic 3 cart no longer saves games. I read that you could request a free sample of basically the "modern" version of the 1994 chip from the same company that made them then. The issue is that it's longer than the old one and does not fit.

Can I rig up a new save RAM or should I just shell out for a new sonic 3 cart?
>>
File: SDC11342.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
SDC11342.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>3106746
and this is the "modern" version of the same chip sent to me by the company
>>
Sockets?
Maybe try to mount it to the backside. May be a bitch trying to solder that though.
Trying to connect wires to the legs would probably be a bad idea. Don't think there's much room in Genesis cart anyway for mounting the chip somewhere else.
>>
>>3106746
>>3106750
check the datasheet and pinout friend, go from there
>>
>>3106782
Of course, I should do that. thanks friend
>>
Haven't I seen this thread before?
Last time the guy forced the oversized chip on the board and wondered why it wasn't working. (Or pretended to be retarded, as you do.)
>>
>>3106746
Shell out for 5 minutes of goggle to learn a little about ram and you're set.
>>
Just get the original part number if you're sure that's what failed. The new chip is completely different.
>>
>>3106746
>shell out for a new sonic 3 cart?

Moar liek old sonic 3 cart.
>>
>>3108641
>Just get the original part number
Where genius? Also OP already had the new part

>completely different
No, it's not. It's exactly the same just 4 times the capacity. It's even pin compatible with the exception of two pins that can easily be rerouted.
>>
>>3108431
Indeed
He even posted the same pictures
https://warosu.org/vr/thread/2200445#p2200885
>>
>>3106746
This post has reached a whole new level of autism.
>>
File: 23554.jpg (239 KB, 1855x815) Image search: [Google]
23554.jpg
239 KB, 1855x815
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.