[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proper Diablo thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: diabloexe.png (264 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
diabloexe.png
264 KB, 720x720
I mean the bloody PC version , not the PS1 version someone is baiting with.

Anyways, is there any mod to make the game run at 70 fps so the permanent "walking" speed won't feel so slow?

Yes, I know you can "jog", in town, in the expansion , but I hate installing an expansion that introduces major bugs.
>>
>>3106589
>Lourdes Jackson
Damnit, a Hiro! Why you turn me into namefag and a girl?!?
>>
Nice thread, not really.

Fucking retard autist.
>>
>>3106620
>2016
>Still playing worst version of Diablo
>Still a consolefag.

Thanks Lorena. Go back kitchen now.
>>
There's the Belzebub mod, but it's more of a sourceport than anything and adds in a number of D2 mechanics and features so it might not be what you're looking for.
>>
>>3108258
>want unlocked resolution mod
>receive that plus a bunch of fan tier bullshit
Diablo is always tough to get into
>>
>>3106589
It really blows my mind that despite the reputation of Diablo 1, 2, and Starcraft Blizzard has yet to release a version that's easily available and runs with hardly any problems on modern computers. Do they even still sell those Battlechest sets anymore?
>>
>>3108435
Gotta steer everyone away from Diablo 2 and into Diablo 3, only way that game will sell.
>>
>>3108413
High resolution is kind of detrimental for Diablo 1, you're not supposed to see the entire floor.
>>
>>3108479
I know high resolution breaks Diablo and Diablo II, but my complaint was directed at Belzebub where it has unlocked resolution but ruined by shitty "tweaks" and horrible interface changes.
>>
File: EleGiggle.jpg (19 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
EleGiggle.jpg
19 KB, 600x337
>>3106589
Go back to /v/, if walking around the town is "slow".
>>
>>3108632
Did you REALLY just sage a thread about video games here? Really /b/ro? REALLY?! Kill yourself.
>>
File: could have been.jpg (45 KB, 547x406) Image search: [Google]
could have been.jpg
45 KB, 547x406
Anyone found anything interesting in the year 2100 dungeon?
>>
What's the best way to play this on Linux?
>>
>>3114653
You always show up in Diablo threads to remind everyone of how AWESHUM D3 is and correct everyone's 'misconception' about it.

Are you a Bliz marketer or something? >>>/v/ is that way duder.
>>
>>3114660
No, I don't. This is the first Diablo thread I post in. Diablo 3 isn't a good game, but to say it's not one of the best selling games of all time is just fucking lying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

See? It is a misconception that they would need to steer people to buy it in any way, you fucking retard.
>>
>>3114564
Wine, vmware or virtual box. It works in all of them.

I think wine has issues with the menu, black screen cant see any thing maybe? And in virtual machines you have to do the explorer.exe kill to get the colors to look right.
>>
>>3114660
>IT'S JUST ONE MARKETER SHILLING IN EVERY THREAD GUYS HONEST
Fuck off. The reason you always see posts countering /v/'s hivemind hate for D3 is because it's not actually a bad game anymore and there are in fact people who enjoy it more than D1 and D2.
>>
>>3114714
Activision Blizzard ruined everything.
>>
>>3114714
Except we're on /vr/ you idot, so who gives a toss about a NOT retro game. Stop derailing.
>>
>>3114653
Blizzshill detected. I wished I could report this for spam without getting banned.
>>
>>3115015
>hurr your objective facts are wrong
Go eat paint.
>>
>>3115040
>implying popularity with the great unwashed is any indication of actual quality
>>
>>3115142
That's the thing, I didn't imply that. I just said that Blizzard didn't need to deter people from D2 to sell D3 copies, because it is already one of the best selling games of all time. They have already sold an immense amount of copies of the game, without doing that.

That fucking mongoloid was saying that Blizzard is detering people from D2 to sell D3. Once again, something they clearly don't have to do, because D3 has sold a stupid amount of copies.

How fucking thick are you as to not be able to understand this? I genuinely don't know how you can have such a low mental capacity as to not be able to comprehend this. I literally just said that Diablo 3 sold a fuckton of copies. That's. It.
>>
>all this bitching
>no D1 discussion

I'm not familiar with PSX modding, how would I go about extracting the assets from the game?

all the data is stored in .BINs.
>>
>>3115158
>That fucking mongoloid was saying that Blizzard is detering people from D2
If they were doing that, why in the fuck would they release patch 1.14a? That guy isn't even worth responding to, just ignore him. If anything Blizzard is encouraging people to continue playing.

>Patch 1.14a was released on the 10th of March 2016
>No need to run in XP mode anymore, Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 compatibility complete
>Mac installer and compatibility for 10.10 and 10.11 has arrived
>First client run will migrate saved characters to avoid issues from Windows system admin changes

Hard to find a game that is both that old and still given updates by the original publisher.

Not only that, but they introduced the Uber Tristram Bosses to reward dedicated players with some form of endgame - something they certainly didn't have to do, but did anyway.
>>
>>3115260
So I see you haven't played with patch 1.14a?
>>
>>3115260
I wasn't even aware they patched it that recently. That's very cool. Maybe it's time to play through it again.
>>
>>3115267
Just because the patch has bugs doesn't mean they were deliberate.
>>
>>3115278
I'm not the guy you were responding to, I was saying that the patch didn't encourage anyone to play.
>>
>>3115260
You're missing the point that Blizzard tried to bury Diablo 2 to hype up Diablo 3 in 2012.

This new 1.14a patch and forthcoming patch efforts are all because they realized Diablo 3, 4 years later, was a fucking mistake. Well I mean, it was "fun" from RoS to the current version, but they're like very quick WoW-ish spikes where people come play for 3 weeks every season then drop it. They're probably running out of ideas (ways to overpower your character to allow you a guaranteed higher leaderboard progress than last time, plus cosmetics) to make people stick with Diablo 3 so they're falling back to tinker around with Diablo 2.

You can tell they still don't give a fuck because they're attempting to take away Glide (which the entire game was designed for), completely break hirelings, and shit out an abomination of a Necromancer nostalgia bait for their failing moba game.
>>
>>3115260
>Hard to find a game that is both that old and still given updates by the original publisher.

By the way, you gotta stop preaching that idea because in the real world, meaning with literal fucking proof, games like TF2 and CSGO were run into the fucking ground by patches to the point where it's no longer fun to play. TF2 is sort of self explanatory but CSGO had a few controversial patches in the past that achieved nuclear level heat from the player base. Yeah let's applaud that, you go Valve!

Patch it (fix, not remove things) for new operating systems, new resolution standards, skill tree bugs, etc, or make a new expansion, or leave it the fuck alone.
>>
>>3108450
>>3108435
You retards realize they just released a patch for Diablo 2, right? Obviously Blizzard recognizes it.
>>
>>3115446
>cites games from 2007 and 2012
>>
>>3115484
Why yes, Team Fortress 2 is almost a decade old. The game was run into the ground for most of its life span because of "ongoing support from the developers."
>>
>>3106589
The PSX version has speed changing option right in the pause menu.
>>
>>3115480
Which has nothing to do with them releasing their older games in a digital format or continue to make Battlechest sets.
>>
>>3115769
But Diablo 2 IS available for digital download.
>>
>>3115598
CS:GO has a bigger playerbase than ever. CS in general has never been as popular as it is today.

TF2 is still active, even has a bit of a competitive scene these days. I dunno how large, as I don't play it personally.

Both of these games would not be where they are today if they didn't have continued support from their developers.

Stop talking out of your ass, you fucking autist.
>>
>>3115769
D2 battechests are STILL available in fucking physical stores in some places. STILL. Jesus christ, you know literally nothing about what you're talking about. Please go hang yourself, immediately.
>>
>>3115879
I haven't seen one in a store for years and the last time I did they removed Diablo 1 from the set.
>>
>>3115870
Which part did you not understand? I wasn't talking about the player base. This clearly shows you haven't played either of these games to understand my point.
>>
>>3115929
You are correct. Diablo 1 is no longer supported by Blizzard, meaning they give no fucks if you download it for free somewhere else. I'm so sorry that you can download this game for free with no legal repercussion, you crybaby mother fucker
>>
>>3116392
>939 hours in Source
>704 hours in GO
>780 hours in TF2
Yeah, I didn't play them at all, anon. Not at all.
I do understand your point, but it is just wrong. Updates made the games fresh so they didn't die out, like they would have otherwise. I, for one, am glad for the continued support so that I can still have non-autistic people (unlike yourself) to play with.
>>
>>3117035
You mean autism was the thing that ruined TF2. That game is a complete mess the more it was patched.

>ha ha I'm glad it continued to kill itself
>>
>>3117035
that's why only one gun has been added to csgo in 4 years right
>>
Has anyone played The Hell mod? One of my favourite mods/games ever. God bless you, crazy Russians.
>>
>>3118043
Yes, but this isn't the right thread to discuss diablo 1.

Posts not related to counterstrike, team fortress, or diablo 3 are getting deleted.
>>
>>3118043
Playing The Hell mod still. Too bad there haven't been any updates lately.
>>
>>3121803
When I first played it, i was aggravated that identifying items was often a net loss.
>>
>>3115437
>You can tell they still don't give a fuck because they're attempting to take away Glide (which the entire game was designed for), completely break hirelings, and shit out an abomination of a Necromancer nostalgia bait for their failing moba game.

This. Most of the patches from Blizzard just PURPOSELY broke fanmods, create more bugs, and mostly centred around getting butthurt over cheaters online. I don't play online btw.
>>
>>3115174
>PSX modding
Seriously fuck off.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.