[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw a game you bough years ago now costs more than 6 times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: s-l1600.jpg (342 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
342 KB, 1600x1200
>tfw a game you bough years ago now costs more than 6 times it price

Feels good to own this babby.
>>
A $100 to $150 game?
Not 6x. Definitely not after adjusting inflation.
>>
>>3106525
I bought a boxed mint copy at $30.

Now are you jelly?
>>
>>3106527
>I bought a boxed mint copy at $30.
>bough years ago
You paid $30 for a Genesis game years ago? Hahahahahahahahha oho ahaha

Holy shit I would had just died right then and there if I saw some fat fucking retard buy or attempt to sell anything Genesis for more than $1-$5 pre 2008.
>>
>>3106534
Sparkster was always expensive because it was an uncommon game. Also it was never played. Also I bought it in 2008, at that time they were already selling for around 50 bucks.

Stay Jelly my friend.
>>
>>3106536
>at that time they were already selling for around 50 bucks.
No they really weren't.

That game didn't become expensive until autism speaks and speed runners.

Even the SNES version was like a $10-$15 game.

You tried to fit in but you're just a bandwagon collector. Don't forget to get that dank copy of Earthboard. Le XD am I cool?
>>
>>3106541
>le

Man you are so Jelly you can't contain your reddit.
>>
I don't understand how RKA is worth way less when it's a far better game than both of it's sequels.
>>
>>3106516
Nice, I probably haven't broke even on most of mine because they were bought new. However I grabbed Rule of Rose for $7.50 at a buy one get one half off games top sale years ago. What is that near 30x increase? The last owner must've played it as much as I did. Once.
>>
I don't know which I'm more proud of.

Misadventures of Tron Bonne for 15, or Einhander for 1.99.

GameStop used to be a great place to pick up hard to find PS1 games when they were phasing it out.

Blockbuster going under is what led to Einhander being so cheap.
>>
>>3106579
>Rule of Rose
Yep, I was in college back when that came out. It seemed interesting, but I didn't want to shell out cash at the time. I remember seeing both it and God Hand on super discount and almost bought them both on a whim, but I decided to buy a big lunch instead.

It's funny now that I look back on it. Nobody wanted them when they came out, but then LEL COLLECTING HOOOO became a thing.
>>
>>3106725
What's funny about people not wanting to buy shit games?
>>
>>3106527
Not really, ok sequel but rocket knight adventure is far better.
>>
Getting SNES Sunset Riders for $5 when I was in college has been the best inadvertent long-term investment for me.
>>
>>3106725
It's not good, it just deals with pre-teen sexuality so most 4chan user base wants to play it now that they found out.
>>
File: rocket knight ad.png (368 KB, 544x653) Image search: [Google]
rocket knight ad.png
368 KB, 544x653
>>3106516
Except that game fucking sucks. Rocket Knight Adventure is way better.
>>
> Bought brand new Xenogears and Valkyrie profile for 20 bucks only about 10 years ago

Still haven't opened VP since I had it on PSP. Will probably sell it for a fuck ton in 5-10 years.
>>
>>3107657
>look at me I'm reseller scum

You kids crack me up.
>>
>>3106552
You're a joke if you still do that ironic redditposting bullshit
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.