[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick stupid question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: jaheira.jpg (7 KB, 179x282) Image search: [Google]
jaheira.jpg
7 KB, 179x282
How the fuck do I close the new 'quick loot bar' in the new Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear?
>>
>>3106373
Is that what her new portrait looks like?
>>
>>3106373
>he cant see the button
>>
>>3106373
>released 2016
>retro
>>
>>3107541
BG is old enough to legally have sex with
>>
>>3107563
And Final Fantasy is from the 1980's. Doesn't mean you can discuss FF15 here.
>>
Gonna ask this here to save me from making my own thread:

I'm playing BG:EE right now. Is it normal for all sound effects and voices to stop playing a few seconds after entering a new area? By that I mean I can enter a house and i'll get the usual selection voices and footstep sounds but after a few seconds I won't be able to hear them anymore until hitting a new screen.
>>
>>3106373
hmm looks like GOG is bundling the original versions of BG1, BG2, and IWD with their enhanced editions and no longer selling the original versions at the end of this month(April 29th to be exact). kinda sucks in my opinion, but then again I bought those games a long time ago and it won't effect me.
>>
>>3109343
bug
>>
>>3109356
You sure? Been googling for solutions but I can't seem to find anyone suffering the same issue.
>>
>>3109351
Beamdog is probably making them do this
>>3109398
seems to me that it is either a bug or a hardware problem and I hope for your sake it is a bug. Have you tried the GOG forums? Their community is usually pretty helpful in my experience.
>>
>>3109419
I'll ask on GOG and see what happens. It doesn't make the game unplayable I suppose, but it's a bit of an annoyance.
>>
>>3107541
>having autism
>retro
oh wait
>>
>>3107563
It's not Baldur's Gate, it's a false edition. True AD&D is OD&D/all forms of BD&D/AD&D/AD&D 2e. No later edition rules allowed. Certainly not on a retro board (post-2000 rules). Baldur's Gate implements True AD&D rules in an isomorphic paper doll form...it doesn't incorporate false edition rules and claim to be retro. That's something "retro game studios" do.
>>
>>3109351
They're bundling them with the new EEs apparently. By this time you should already have those games or you should just pirate them.
>>
File: 1459616746317.jpg (412 KB, 500x701) Image search: [Google]
1459616746317.jpg
412 KB, 500x701
>>3111428
Mods will decide if this thread is /vr/ or not, not you.
>>
It's just me or it's the price of everything in SoD kinda steep?
>>
>>3111494
Beamdog already made the decision by dishonoring the True rules.
>>
File: beamdog sjw.jpg (724 KB, 904x1218) Image search: [Google]
beamdog sjw.jpg
724 KB, 904x1218
>Siege of Dragonspear
>>
>>3111818
The fact that the character had her name from syllables of different language honestly feel like a bottom-of-the-barrel pandering blatant troll both and the devs know this.
>>
>>3111428
don't think so fatso
>>
>>3111818
I'm going to send a firm email about how their depiction of transpeople is in fact transphobic and that, as a tranny, I will not support them.
>>
>>3111532
my guess is that they understand that making bank in BG1 is extremely easy with no real way to spend all the gold you can acquire, so thats why things are expensive

either that or your party's reputation is reset for SoD
>>
>>3109351
Yeah, I already own the originals and pointedly have been avoiding the shitty EEs. It'll suck for people getting into the franchise fresh, but better them than me.
>>
File: 1458211938157.png (61 KB, 444x547) Image search: [Google]
1458211938157.png
61 KB, 444x547
>>3111818
>Feel free to try this discussion without antagonizing the LGBTQ community
>>
>>3108625
You can discuss old doom wads, you can discuss new expansions for old games
fuck youreslf
>>
>>3109351
What's wrong with the enhanced editions?>>3112720
>>
File: Baldr002.png (773 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Baldr002.png
773 KB, 1280x720
>>3113119
Apparently the most recent update broke mods for GOG versions and Steam versions. Other than that they added a couple optional companions that people generally seem to dislike. It's good for lazy people that don't like modding the original games though and while a lot of people are up in arms about a tranny in the new expansion, the people who have actually played it say it's a decent expansion similar to ToB and a bit linear and buggy. You can't backtrack but I hear the encounters are well designed and difficulty changes encounters and enemy AI.
>>
>>3113168
Also worth mentioning that I hear they reuse a lot of monsters and enemies.
>>
File: can't wake up.jpg (94 KB, 538x538) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
94 KB, 538x538
>>3111818
>>
>>3113168
good to know, thanks
>>
>>3111428

Sir, the tests game back positive, I'm afraid you have autism. And it's terminal.
>>
>>3113272
Also my pic is not the EE but regular BG2 with the fixpack.
>>
>>3113119
The Enhanced Editions don't add anything that wasn't possible with existing mods. However, with mods you got to pick and choose what you wanted to add to your gaming experience. The Enhanced Edition doesn't give you that option.

You want to play it for the better resolution, or for the updated kits alone? Too bad, take the awful fanfic NPCs and neo-Bioware Good/Bad/Sarcastic dialogue branches on all the godawful new quests.

The real question is why it doesn't bother people more. It's like your favorite movie being re-released but now with an extra 45 minutes of fan-added footage and new badly acted characters that obviously don't synergize with the film or belong!
>>
>>3111428
Does it still burn your ass that 3rd Edition was so much better than 2nd?
>>
Is there any reason to play EEs at all? Any new exclusive mods maybe?
I've played BGs years ago and not afraid of spoilers in descriptions of mods, nor am I afraid of going through the whole Big World Setup mod list picking the options that sound fun.
>>
>>3113856
Not only was 2e way better than 3e, but 3e/3.5 was in fact the worst D&D edition by a huge margin.

>>3113968
No, the originals + mods are better anyway and none of the new content is worth paying money for.
>>
Oh, what about IWDEE btw?
As I understand it does the same thing as iwd-in-bg2 mod, but which is better, or worth using at all over some original-only mods?
>>
>>3113972
So yes, it still burns your ass.
>>
>>3113972
>3e/3.5 was in fact the worst D&D edition by a huge margin
I see you never played 4ed. Or more accurately D&D: TT MMO Edition.

3.5 was the most mechanically fluid of the editions and allowed for the greatest range of creativity. That said, the OGL meant that you almost had too much available content to work with.
>>
>>3113968
A new expansion just came out for the EE with original voice actors. Other than that it's on a souped up ToB engine with some QoL features like being able to see what skills do ingame instead of having to check the manual.
>>
>>3113856
>>3114038
don't reply to the autist that shits up every /vr/ BG thread
>>
Is there some gay gimicky fucking way I'm supposed the faggot last boss?
>>
>>3114861
When in doubt, spam summons. That's how I beat Sarevok
>>
If anyone bought the EEs on Steam or GOG to only find out Beamdog broke mods for them check out https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use for a fix.
>>
File: 1453169717467.jpg (109 KB, 662x513) Image search: [Google]
1453169717467.jpg
109 KB, 662x513
>>3114871
>>3114861
Sarevok isn't even the hardest boss in the game
>>
>>3115179
I think he's talking about the new expansion boss
>>
>>3115090
Wait, did they repack dlc differently after release? Because Big World Setup claims full support already.
>>
>>3115182
oops, should have read that better.
>>
There is an audiofile around of Minsc saying:

Actually, it's about ethics in heroic adventuring!

Search for it if you like, but remember that you can't unhear it.

It's that horrible. They have turned this wonderful story, dear to my heart, into a shitty memefest (regardless of what you think about GG, even a most retarded writer knows that this line doesn't belong).

As far as I'm concerned, Baldur's Gate only had one expansion. This atrocity never happened,
>>
>>3111818
Everything about that topic there is so incongruent, it's pitiful.

If they wanted to touch on transgendered issues, they should have played around with Shaar Teel having her mind twisted into pretzel over whether or not to hate a magically adjusted character.

But they didn't do anything like that because they're incompetent.
>>
>>3115206
Depends on the version. GOG and Steam versions broke compatibility with mods.

>>3115231
Minsc was always a meme character and the Baldur's Gate you know and love is still the same it has always been and you can install it and enjoy it how it always was. Don't be so dramatic.
>>
>>3115427

Minsc was never a meme character if by meme character you mean spouting Internet memes that will be irrelevant in 2 years.

Sure he was very tongue-in-cheek and humorously written with his brutish attitude and his pet hamster, but it was on a whole different, tasteful, level and not even remotely cringe inducing like this travesty.

This dialogue would be lame even if it was conjured by a half decent game master on a drunken D&D session, not to mention a first BG addon in 15 years.
>>
>>3115231
A single line is hardly a memefest. Besides the original game was full of stupid shit like Noober and Lord Foreshadowing. Either way the expansion didn't change anything plot related and just explains how Irenicus captures you. It's not like they retconned BG2
>>
>>3115476

Again, there is well written stupid shit and badly written stupid shit.

Shoehorning some halfassed references to current events is bad writing.
>>
>>3115482
It's only one though isn't it? Besides I enjoyed Fallout 2 even with all the dated and forced pop culture references. At the end of the day it's such a minor thing compared to the actual gameplay and main plot. And of course you're right that there's nothing stopping you from just ignoring its existence.
>>
>>3113104
DON'T TALK TO ME OR MY WIFE'S SON EVER AGAIN!
>>
>>3115601
don't talk to me or my god's son ever again
>>
>>3113972
This guy gets it
>>
>>3115482

sounds like you're just being biased. bioware has always had shitty memey writing
>>
>>3114650
protip: more than one person knows how awful 3.5 is.

>>3115482
>bioware has always had shitty memey writing
Agreed, the writing was never good. Try not to cringe while replaying BG1 and hearing STOP TOUCHING MEEEEEE, or the terrible Ye Olde Englishe that some of the NPCs vomit out at you. But there's a difference between embarrassing nerd writing and shoehorned sjw shit, which is Neo-Bioware's specialty.
>>
>>3115694
meant to reply to >>3115651
>>
>>3115694

>But there's a difference between embarrassing nerd writing and shoehorned sjw shit, which is Neo-Bioware's specialty.

Yeah that was my point, this guy replied in my place.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.