[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal Slug
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: FLAME SHOT.gif (297 KB, 271x208) Image search: [Google]
FLAME SHOT.gif
297 KB, 271x208
Anyone ever find a guide that covers some of the specifics of the Metal Slug series? (or any of the main four games).

Weapon damage would be a good example of what i am talking about. Can't seem to find much information about this. I have always wanted to know if all enemies take the same level of damage or if some have more/less armor towards bullets vs explosives (doubt this happens but sometimes i wonder) Also trying to find out if there is a "cap" on the amount of damage an enemy can take at once. It feels like if i toss 6 grenades very quickly at a vulnerable boss the damage that results is less than if i were to toss em a little slower. The amount of damage done with a direct shell from the slug cannon vs hitting an enemy with the explosion plume is another curiosity.

I feel like i saw a damage chart 8-10 years ago on this Metal Slug fan-site, it was the largest of them all at the time. Almost positive it was called something like metalslugarsenal.(jp, kr or ru). Can't seem to find the actual name or an archive.

Regardless, Metal Slug thread.
>>
File: prof_fio02.jpg (15 KB, 194x261) Image search: [Google]
prof_fio02.jpg
15 KB, 194x261
>>3105812
I'm with you. I loved the fuck out of this game, but never really understood the stats behind it.

My main was Fio, how bout you?
>>
Tarma is the best easily because he always yells fuck when he dies
>>
>>3105928
Nope, the girls are the best because you can see their butt when they're killed by acid.
>>
my favorite character was also Tarma. he just looks badass.

I think the damage and health stats are probably more basic than we imagine.

Also, did someone really find the lastest metal slug games lacking? I mean, I love them all but there still not a MS that can top the 3rd one.

I still have MS6 and MSXX installed on my pc, I got them not to long ago and still playing them every now and then. MSXX is frustratingly hard.
>>
>>3105973

Also, I prefer the characters not having special habilities.
I always wanted a MS8 that continued the MS5 story/theme. While I like it a lot, it had a lot of potential
>>
>>3105918
Marco now because he is easy to see and i can chose him while taking a drink because he is selected by default.

Other than that, Eri is best.
>>
>>3105957
Necrophiliac detected
>>
>>3105973
Metal slug X is the best one though
>>
>>3105997
What's wrong with knocking back a few cold ones after work?
>>
>>3105812
Thanks, OP! I was going to make a thread on Metal Slug thread because I haven't seen one in awhile. I'm note interested in the stuff you listed.
>>3105918
I usually main Fio or Marco, ultimately it depends on how lazy I feel.
>>
>>3105928
>he always yells fuck when he dies

bullshit
>>
Why does the rocket launcher suck so much dick compared to a lot of the weapons.
>>
>>3106225
you have to fire up close
>>
This is for metal slug ds but should give you a good basis. Remember to always shoot while crouching to fire faster.
http://tasvideos.org/4804S.html
>>
>>3106173
go boot up the game and see for yourself
>>
>>3106245
Now I will never unhear it.
>>
>>3106268
ROCKET LAWN CHAIR
>>
>>3106230
Doesn't apply in Metal Slug 2, X. However, it does when you have a weapon powerup.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.