[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robotnik or Egghead, what's his real name? Same case with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Eggman_robotnik.png (74 KB, 245x346) Image search: [Google]
Eggman_robotnik.png
74 KB, 245x346
Robotnik or Egghead, what's his real name? Same case with Princess Toadstool, Daisy and Peach with the Super Mario Bros. games.
>>
>>3104948
Your stupid.
>>
>>3104971
you're virgin
>>
> OP is scared shitless of search engines
>>
Shit thread.
>>
Robotnik. The dreamcast retcon said his real name was robotnik and eggman was a nickname. Later sega crapped the bed with 06 and generation' and retconned it again' this time by making eggman the real name. Old faggotery command me to use robotnik. Funny thing the us dub of Sonic x used eggman but french dub used robotnik
>>
File: princessname.png (1 MB, 399x1924) Image search: [Google]
princessname.png
1 MB, 399x1924
>>3104948
>>
>>3104978
you're mom
>>
Schrottnik
>>
File: sonic2eggman.jpg (28 KB, 638x418) Image search: [Google]
sonic2eggman.jpg
28 KB, 638x418
>>3104948
It was always Eggman.

Robotnik was the shitty censored western name.
>>
Only nostalgia keeps people wanting to still call them Toadstool and Robotnik.

If it was reversed, with Peach and Eggman being the first western names, the same people would be saying "they are always gonna be Peach and Eggman to me."

Same people probably hate firaga over fire3.
>>
>>3105134
I actually do hate Firaga compared to Fire 3, it's not immediately clear what level -ga is supposed to represent out of context to me.

I don't give a shit about whether you call her Princess Toadstool or Princess Peach because it's the still the same person at least.
>>
>>3104948
I like Robotnik better. It's more fun to say, and it's kind of menacing.
Eggman is just silly.
>>
>>3105189

I'm fine with Firaga, Blizzaga ect. It might not be immediately obvious, but it's still extremely clear which spell is which, and every spell in the game follows the same naming convention so it's not confusing at all. It's more imaginitive too than just Fire 1, Fire 2, Fire 3. It's supposed to be magic after all. Imagine how shitty Harry Potter's spells would sound if they all had generic names followed by numbers. Same with the D&D spells.

If you wanna talk about confusing spell names, look no further than the Phantasy Star games. They might use similar naming conventions to indicate which spells are level 1, 2, 3 ect. but how the fuck am I supposed to intuitively know what 'rimit' means or 'deban'? Now that's some horse shit right there. I always have to keep checking faqs whenever I play PSIV to remind myself which blob of garbled Engrish does what.
>>
who even cares about sanic these days
>>
>>3105134
Or the fact that Robotnik sounds way cooler.
>>
>>3105238
It's already generic dog latin
>>
>>3105247
People who like to play fun video games.
>>
>>3105238
>Same with the D&D spells.

And there is great confusion as to whether Bigby's Crushing Hand is more or less powerful than Bigby's Clenched Fist or Bigby's Battering Gauntlet or Bigby's Strangling Grip.

Is Wall of Fire more or less powerful than Wall of Thorns?
>>
As of now, it's both. Robotnik is his last name while he uses Eggman as a nickname
>>
>>3104948
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjuhnuwFBQw
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 170x173) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 170x173
I usually call him Robotnik, but I think Eggman fits him better. Folks can talk about how silly of a name Eggman is, but come on, look at this silly motherfucker.
>>
I prefer Robotnik but that's just because it was the name I grew up with.

Eggman suits him better, it's just an unfortunate correlation that when they started calling him that was when the quality of the series went straight to hell in every other way.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71 KB, 1440x1080
You mean her full name isn't "Princess Peach Toadstool"?
>>
SONIC 06 SUCKS
SONIC 06 SUCKS
SONIC 06 SUCKS

WHY THE FUCK ARE ANY OF YOU HERETICS TALKING ABOUT SONIC WHEN THE ONLY OPINION ALLOWED IS THAT

SONIC 06 SUCKS
SONIC 06 SUCKS
SONIC 06 SUCKS
>>
>>3104948
I go with the names that I personally prefer.
Eggman, Princess Toadstool, King Koopa.
>>
>>3105228
Well, he is a silly character. Why would you want a menacing name for him?
>>
Didnt Sonic Adventure 2 confirm that Eggman is Robotnik's grandson?
>>
>>3106470
That's a totally different character and Adventure games aren't canon.
>>
Dr Robotnik, aka the eggman.

>is it Toadstool or Peach
Do I really have to play through SMB3 again just to screenshot that she was talking about a fucking pie? pls.
>>
>>3104948
I use Dr. Robotnik for the old western design used in manuals, Mean Bean Machine and the tv shows.

For the in-game character, especially post-Genesis, I prefer Eggman. Regardless of the direction the Sonic franchise has taken he's become such a consistently fun and lovable character ever since Adventure, and is easily the highlight of everything he's in, so his modern depiction is the definitive one to me. It also fits his quirkiness better.
>>
>>3105707
I actually played that shit and everything told about this turd is true. The gravity bug are the worst i had ever seen. And after all the pain to finish a level you reach awfull cinematic and zoo shit.
>>
>>3105189
it's actually really obvious and i understood it when i was a child.

fire = 1 syllable
fira = 2 syllables
firaga = 3 syllables
>>
>>3105705
no, that's what it is. her name didn't change from Toadstool to Peach, Peach is just her first name.
>>
>>3106790
The other elements tend to break that apart.
>>
Robotnik.

Eggman is a stupid name.
>>
>>3105134
The problem is that Eggman sounds like some retarded Engrish. Idgaf about Peach though. I thought her full name was Peach Toadstool anyway.
>>
DOKUTA EGGUMAN
>>
>>3106449
In the games, I never got a silly vibe from him until the adventure games. Even then, he wasn't that silly.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.