[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the bluetooth adapter for the SFC/SNES actually comes out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: SNES30_02[1].jpg (253 KB, 1024x848) Image search: [Google]
SNES30_02[1].jpg
253 KB, 1024x848
If the bluetooth adapter for the SFC/SNES actually comes out (like they've been promising for close to a year now), would you be willing to swap the corded originals for these?
As an owner of one for general use, I have to admit it's comfy as fuck.

How do you feel about integrating newer technologies into older game consoles in general? (Like having an RGB-HDMI for the Dreamcast, as another example).
>>
It has been demoed, by the way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvjaQNgSbpE
>>
>>3104739
No the lag would be too big for these type of games.
>>
>>3104742
The latency seems nil in the demo video. Then again, he's right next to the machine.
>>
>>3104746
>The latency seems nil
Thats not how it work bud.
There will be lag I can assure you of that just by interference from other devices around the house not to mention the guy on the video plays on LCD TV which adds at least 16ms lag.
So whatever
>>
>>3104739
Nope. If I'm gonna use a SNES controller I'm going wired or nothing.
>>
>>3104751
We're just talking about the bluetooth wireless controller, not what TV you would play on.
>>
I still leave my PS4 controllers plugged in most of the time because of the shitty battery life, I'm not about to go wireless if hardwired is a viable option for anything.
>>
I already use Acclaim infrared wireless SNES controllers. They work fine.
>>
>>3104751
Can you tell me some game where it wiuld be a problem? I did a lot of snes game with wireless xbox 360 pad. The dpad has to be modded but i never noticed problem on stuff like megaman x. Just curious not sarcastic here. The input lag talk never made sense to me.
>>
>>3104751
>which adds at least 16ms lag.
Cool you got any data to back up that claim?
I play (my modern stuff) on an LCD that has less than 2ms lag. Don't say stupid shit unless you can actually back it up.
>>
>>3104973
The Acclaim pads are decent, but as someone who has two 8bitdo SFC30 pads, I can assure you they are maximum comfy
>>
My PS4 controller is terrible when I connect it to my PC via bluetooth and this controller probably feels like cheap shit anyway.
>>
>>3105147
it doesn't, it's better than the iBuffalo
>>
>>3104980
>input delay = response time
>>
How are the 8bitdo controllers? Work well on android with emulators?
>>
>>3108109
They're made for Android more than anything, so basically perfectly (just make sure you do the right type of pairing). They work great with Windows, decent with iOS.

They also work with Linux-- they're popular for Raspberry Pis, though it takes a little work to get them connected. They pair fine after the first set up though.
>>
>>3104739
Seems like it'd be fairly trivial to make a bluetooth adapter. Not much of a demand for it so it'd just be some hobbyist project, though. There's not really any noticeable delay with modern bluetooth so there wouldn't be any reason to avoid it.

I had a third party wireless IR controller for the NES back in the day. The thing was shit and ate AAs like candy.
>>
>>3104739
Seems gimmicky, the snes cord is long enough.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.