[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have been trying to download diablo 1 iso for the past few hours,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: url.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
Have been trying to download diablo 1 iso for the past few hours, takes almost an hour to download then finishes too early. So when I go to extract it is is incomplete..using chrome ( mac ).
This is my first time using psx emulator, well atleast trying to, the iso is all that's required right?
>>
Why in the unholy fuck are you trying to emulate a PSX port of a PC game on an emulator? (Presumably on a PC)

Anyways, occasionally PSX games come in .ecm files, which is a type of compression. So you need a program to unecm them. Google it.

Besides that, I dunno about other emulators, but on Mednafen you need a .cue file to run the game. Usually they come with the game, and if they don't, you can also google how to make them. It's piss easy.
>>
>>3104671
Not OP. Well, the PSX version at least have some positive aspects. Like fully synchronized Voice for other languages.
>>
>>3104696
What's positive about that? I was glad the game didn't have a localization.
>>
>>3104653
Please. Please don't use the PSX version of diablo.

It'll just be pain. Get the PC version. Hell, there might even be a mac version for you.

Diablo 1 was my favorite retro game. Played it TONS.
>>
>>3104653
>takes almost an hour to download
are you joking or what?
>>
I'm guessing something is capping your connection, since you're downloading at low speeds the server cuts you off because it thinks you disconnected.

you might wanna consider the PC version though, unless you're looking for a specific PSX feature. like the graphics. I'd kill to have PSX graphics on PC.
>>
>>3104942

The mac version came out during System 7 era, so probably wouldnt work on an intel mac. You might be able to get it running in Basilisk or Sheepshaver or someshit, I haven't tried, but at that point you might as well just set up a Windows partition anyway, you'll probably get more use out of it unless you are super dedicated to retro Mac games
>>
>>3105419
He probably downloaded the ISO from a rom site that offers premium speeds.
>>
>>3105483
except those websites don't usually cut you off.

usually.
>>
I've downloaded a working version of Diablo 1 on an Intel Mac. I can not remember what I searched for but I do remember having to fuck around with wine for it to work quite a bit. There should be a guide on the net to do this I'm sure
>>
>>3105490
If your computer goes into rest mode, it does. At least with Firefox and Chrome you can continue your download from where you left off.
>>
>>3104653
Noticed that the first was released on psx. Just been trying to learn how to get games working but I'm an idiot when it comes to most things. I'm just going to download 2 and lod from battle net.
Thank you for the help people.
>>
PS1 wasn't the definitive way to play Diablo, but I honestly think there's something to take away from it. The movement and pressing a button to swing and shoot felt nice. The modifier and combo buttons to cram in so many controls was weird for menu management, but at the same time it was kind of cool in a "fuck you, we made it work with a controller and on a console" kind of way. Plus you can't say no to couch co-op.
>>
>>3106397
the default layout sucks. you can vastly improve it just by rearranging a few buttons. the combo button isn't even needed except for, like, opening the inventory and character status.

the game is surprisingly enjoyable despite being obliviously inferior. load times are the worst part by far. co-op is loads of fun.

I'm still pissed they never updated the PC version with the PSX assets. I'm pretty sure you can't even recreate some of them though mods, like the crows or water reflection.
>>
File: Gwenchanritualist.png (92 KB, 281x339) Image search: [Google]
Gwenchanritualist.png
92 KB, 281x339
I know nothing about consoles... are there emulators for PC's that can run on them that can be emulated? So that the OP could, on a PC, run an emulator of a console emulating a PC emulating the PS port of a PC game? That would be amazing
>>
>>3106729
It would be easier to make a mod to allow mouse and keyboard for the PSX version.
>>
>>3106729
You can obviously run a VM inside a VM. It wouldn't be a real VM if you couldn't.
But it's resource intensive and mostly pointless.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.