[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was considering an Intellivision recently. I was online and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: mattel_intellivision_1s[1].jpg (58 KB, 350x282) Image search: [Google]
mattel_intellivision_1s[1].jpg
58 KB, 350x282
I was considering an Intellivision recently. I was online and saw that Intellivision 2 was cheaper, but then read that they put some half-assed scheme into the console so that it purposely couldn't read games made by Coleco, as well as a few other games caught in the cross-fire.

Is it still possible to play those games somehow, or is it just not worth it and better to go for an original intellivision?
>>
As an owner of the original console I can honestly say, don't bother. Going back and playing those games on the PS1 was kinda painful and soured me on the idea of ever trying to get it again.

But if you do, make sure to get the voice pack.
https://youtu.be/8Wu_gMucHYE
>>
>>3103032
Nooooooo...the INTV is a great classic console, with classics like Discs of Tron and an emulation on the PS1 can't replicate the experience of a real INTV with it's weird controllers and woodgrain style.
>>
>>3103032
I have played with the voice unit once upon a time (BOMB SQUAAAD).

I like my 2600 so I don't see why I wouldn't like an INTV, plus the RPGs sound boss. The most that I remember reading is you really want the inserts as well as the manuals.
>>
>>3102695
Original owner here, if you like old games, specifically space games, go for it.
>>
I find it more aesthetically pleasing than the later models. I love my INTV1. It's so ungodly wide with the voice add-on; makes me smile every time.

>MATTEL ELECTRONICS PRESENT
>SPACE SPARTANS
>>
>playing anyone before the 4th gen
costanza.jpg
>>
>>3104909
>not liking NES or SMS
>>>/v/
>>
>>3103032
BEEEE SEVUNTEEN BAWMER
>>
>>3105081
BEEE SEVENTEEN BOOMHOUER
>>
>>3105081
>>3105617

LOOK
OUT

FOR
FLAK
>>
>>3102695
Sounds as good as the Genesis (even shares the SN76489 sound chip) and was a fun system.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.