[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All jokes and memes aside, what does /vr/ think about this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 2219621-nes_battletoads.jpg (443 KB, 701x960) Image search: [Google]
2219621-nes_battletoads.jpg
443 KB, 701x960
All jokes and memes aside, what does /vr/ think about this game?
>>
It's good and it had multiple sequels, stop asking for a remake you babies.
>>
All the games in the series are good.

Just stop teasing them in every game and make a new BT already. Pic related.
>>
I played the MD version, it was fun and challenging.
>>
I just want one good Battletoads game. And in this case "good" is defined as "without a speeder bike level"
>>
>>3103142
oh, you mean easier
>>
I think it's a fun game despite the fact I'm a pleb and have never made it past the inferno level with out warping
>>
>>3103142
Battletoads Bike! all Bike levels! Like Mario Kart but with toads!
>>
I've admittedly only played the GB version, but I love the game.

I can only speak for the GB version, but I feel that Battletoads is challenging without being bullshit, and the beat 'em up mechanics are fairly satisfying.

That said, I still can't beat the damn wurm level.
>>
File: isthisbattletoads.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
isthisbattletoads.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>>3103196
pic related?

>>3103214
>the GB version
which one
>>
The game is ruined by it's difficulty 2bh. Fun game otherwise though if you can get past the frustration and bullshit. Playing one level of the American version then the Japanese version makes me feel like I was cheated.
>>
>>3103237
Battletoads.

Not Ragnarok.
>>
>>3102494
Only hard the first time
>>
It's actually not that hard. It has plenty of warps and 1-Up opportunities. I've beaten it myself.

I want to play the Battletoads arcade game again. I remember as a kid going to this indoor batting range place and it had the Battletoads arcade game. My friend and I had a fun time playing it. I don't think we beat it though, my friend fuckin' sucked. Died every two seconds. It's a great memory from my childhood, I remember being blown away that it showed blood haha.
>>
File: WxIRHvL.jpg (31 KB, 382x480) Image search: [Google]
WxIRHvL.jpg
31 KB, 382x480
I only ever played the GB game, battletoads in ragnarocks world. (I can't remember if any other version was released here in eu). Never beat it. But it looks as if most versions share the same levels.
Would like to give it another shot. Is there a definitive version or a game considered the best, that I should start playing?
>>
>>3103142
You've never played Battletoads arcade have you?
=no speeder bikes,Pretty much straight beat em up
>>
>>3102494
The difficulty is somewhat balanced but it mostly relies on trial and error, sadly. The things that take real skill in this game aren't that hard to comprehend. What causes people to quit is that it has so many instant death traps that you could never foresee the first time, but are very easy to avoid every time after that. The game has a learning process of maybe 1-2 weeks and after that it's not a very hard game to beat at all.

Still, it's very fun because of its variation in gameplay elements and it will always test the player in new ways.
>>
video game hell is time trial race games, but this is close.
>>
>>3103868
>no speeder bikes,Pretty much straight beat em up
Yeah it's almost like a BATTLE.
>>
One of my favourite nes games, I beat it recently but rat race and clinger winger were a bit cheaper to play through both took me dozens of tries
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.