[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All 90 Levels of Super Mario Bros 3 at once
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 00093.png (193 KB, 2652x1492) Image search: [Google]
00093.png
193 KB, 2652x1492
It's truly hypnotic... and the audio is slightly scary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzOzR_4HKe8
>>
That's pretty neat. I didn't realize there were 88 levels. When they're all put into a grid like that it doesn't look like very many at all.
>>
>>3102546
>I didn't realize there were 88 levels.
There's more stages in SMB 3 than in Super Mario World.
>>
>>3102546
I always thought it was 90, are there really only 88?
>>
>>3102550
And they take ten nanoseconds to complete.
>>
>>3102553
>ten nanoseconds to complete
According to OP's video they don't.

>>3102551

>I always thought it was 90, are there really only 88?
There's 90. Super Mario World has about 72, I think.
>>
>>3102553
yeah they are pretty short, though in this video they're also all tool-assisted playthroughs.
>>
>>3102560
why are there only 88 shown then? Are they cutting out the extra 2 'bridge hand' levels from world 8 or something?

I'm not really interested in having level-measuring contests between two games I enjoy equally, for the record. I appreciate setting the record straight though as I never did know how many levels were actually in SMW.
>>
>>3102568
>I'm not really interested in having level-measuring contests between two games I enjoy equally, for the record. I appreciate setting the record straight though as I never did know how many levels were actually in SMW.
Same. I counted all the stages in Mario 3 once, and I got to 90. I counted 72 [I think] for Super Mario World.

Mario 3 was my childhood, but I think Mario World is the better game.
>>
>>3102576
Agreed, though I played SMB3 second in All-Stars (and then again on an NES years later). I just didn't want to imply that I wanted to open up some silly debate for people to get mad about, to me it'd be like trying to choose one kind of ice cream as superior to another when in reality I'd just as willingly take a scoop of the one as I would a scoop of the other. But I digress.

My favorite level in this video is the first snow level with the ball-spitting piranhas. I also like the 7th from the top-left (I think it's World 1 Level 6)

and I think they are actually not counting two of the bridge levels, they have one of the three (5th from left on bottom row) but not the other two.
>>
>>3102597
>silly debate for people to get mad about
That's so true. There's too much debating between Mario 3 and World when both games are fantastic. Ever notice it's usually the fanbases that throw all the shit at each other? Like, it's usually Mario 3 vs. World, rather than Mario vs. Sonic. It's so weird. You would think Mario fans would have each others' backs.

>My favorite level in this video is the first snow level with the ball-spitting piranhas.
That's a cool one.
>>
>>3102621
Sonic hasn't been a contender in that fight for 20 years, and Mario fans have gotten restless without anything to fight about.

I also like any level where I can use the hammer suit, even if I could never keep it for long due to being pretty terrible at the game.
>>
>>3102576
>Mario 3 was my childhood
>but I think Mario World is the better game
>>
SMB3 only has 90 levels? It feels like there are more than the ones listed in that image.
>>
>>3102773
That's probably because things seem smaller when they are numbers. 90 is quite a bit but you just see two digits and think "oh only 2 digits must be pretty similar to 10"
>>
>>3102783
I would have guessed at least 100 levels. SMB3 is such a big game while you play it, but seeing the levels laid out in a grid like that makes it seem small.
>>
>>3102794
But that's what I'm saying. You have misconceptions about how large 90 is (it's almost 100, and 100 is a rather big number), not to mention of course shrinking every level and putting them in a grid makes them seems small. If the games were put in a line, it would seem much, much larger.
>>
>>3102551
The mosaic is 8x11 so I guess it's 88.
>>
>By the 30 second mark the only levels still going are auto-scrolling ones

Grade-A game design, guys. Good job.
>>
>>3102825
To be fair, these TAS playthroughs make use of various glitches and exploits, so the levels were not being played as the developers intended and in some cases it might not even be possible for a human to play them this way.
>>
This is a reddit tier thread. Delete it.
>>
>>3102783
I do that with money, but in reverse.

>$10? Shit that's almost $20, and $25 is 1/4 of $100

So for me spending $10 is pretty much the equivalent of spending $100 in my mind. That's why I don't buy games unless they're $9.99 or less or I don't feel like I'm getting a deal.
>>
>>3102783
That's why something looks so much more bargainous at £99, rather than £100. That's the trick, man.
>>
>>3102825
Yeah I also noticed this lol
>>
Really cool. Doing one for Super Mario World right now
>>
>>3106401
https://youtu.be/5J2yGSsFUGM
lol
>>
File: eyesopen[1].jpg (42 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
eyesopen[1].jpg
42 KB, 600x300
>>3107915
>>
>>3102825
>levels of variable length means bad game design
Huh?
>>
>>3102825
So many autoscrollers really is a mark on SMB3. They just aren't that fun in 2D Mario games.
>>
did one of SMB too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbjvQzoO-SE
>>
>>3110451
No, all the levels being really short except the ones where the autoscrolling forces you to go slowly is bad game design.
>>
>>3102990
>Knowing what qualifies as a reddit tier thread

Delete yourself.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.