[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are great Gameboy/Gameboy Color RPGs? Any underrated ones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
What are great Gameboy/Gameboy Color RPGs? Any underrated ones? Pic related.
>>
How does it compare to the PS1 version?
>>
File: cover_medium.jpg (145 KB, 575x583) Image search: [Google]
cover_medium.jpg
145 KB, 575x583
Lufia: The Legend Returns is maybe one of the best RPGs I've played. Amazing battle system, tons of items and skills, nine playable characters in battle, a stellar soundtrack. Its only fault is that dungeons are randomly generated, and Lufia II fans can't seem to get past that, as well as some (hilarious) translation typos. Otherwise it's an amazing and severely underrated RPG.
>>
>>3101963
For one thing the maps aren't randomly generated, though the items scattered on them are.

Nice intro theme, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3lH3Izu3DQ
>>
Revelations: Demon Slayer if you like SMT games.
>>
I enjoyed the FF Legend games.
>>
Star Ocean: Blue Sphere is by far the best RPG I've played on any GB system

Too bad it's still not translated.

http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=sobs
>>
>>3102045
>>3101957
>>3102024
You guys are anons of taste and refinement.
>>
File: kaeru.jpg (68 KB, 457x579) Image search: [Google]
kaeru.jpg
68 KB, 457x579
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls) is one of the best you will find and it has a nice translation.
>>
>>3102024
the dungeons aren't just randomly generated, they all play almost exactly the same... gets boring pretty quick.

Dragon Quest Monsters is pretty good.
>>
File: dragon warrior monsters.png (2 MB, 1370x1370) Image search: [Google]
dragon warrior monsters.png
2 MB, 1370x1370
this and Revelations The Demon Slayer were my fav.

Haven't played the other DWM games though. I imagine 2 is better
>>
>>3102572
I have DWM II and it's tons of fun. Never played the first one though.
>>
>>3101957
What's your game about? I have a hunch you're looking to make an 8bit style rpg with perhaps some card game elements, yes?

Share with us nignog.
>>
>>3102529
This is not an RPG. It's an adventure game, not even an action adventure, just a straight up adventure. Barely any gameplay. Qualifies for being the earlierst walking simulator imo.
>>
Legend of the river king?
>>
grandia parallel trippers
>>
>>3101957
I remember playing this once and putting my name in as Douche. The opening was pretty funny that way.
>>
>>3103872
Excellent game. Ever played LotRK II?
>>
Anyone ever play Ninja Boy 2?
>>
>>3103992
I haven't yet. Waiting on a gc gameboy player to finish the gbc backlog. Tired of hours on the little screen. Mainly play bite size games on the handheld now.
>>
Survival Kids.
>>
File: Mariotennis.jpg (76 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
Mariotennis.jpg
76 KB, 498x500
The Mario Tennis and Golf games are pretty fun with RPG elements and a story mode
>>
>>3101963
Less sim stuff, but there's more basement levels after winning.

Also they tried to put in a battle view that looks like Pokemon to get in on that craze.
>>
>>3102572
I thank god for the day /vr/ was formed.

Revelations was my favorite GBC game as a kid, and I used to have to hide it from my younger brother so I always kept it hidden in the car. Which worked well until your parents sell the car with the game still in it.

Couldn't for the life of me remember the name until it got brought up here.
>>
File: 30592_front.jpg (72 KB, 640x639) Image search: [Google]
30592_front.jpg
72 KB, 640x639
>>3101957
>>
>>3103020
>>3102572
>>3102539
muh nigguhs
>>
>>3107168
>>3102572
More like this?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.