[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't Nintendo or other companies make their own USB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Super-Famicom-Controller.jpg (3 MB, 3700x2080) Image search: [Google]
Super-Famicom-Controller.jpg
3 MB, 3700x2080
Why don't Nintendo or other companies make their own USB reproduction controllers?

They could be compatible with Virtual Console games as well as lelimsonerdy people would probably jump at the chance to buy them.

I don't want to buy some old SNES controller a kid rubbed between his asscheeks at a slumber party.

What are the best reproduction controllers/brands for each system?
>>
>>3099932
Look on eBay, there's tons of <$5 USB reproduction controllers from random Chinese companies. (I have an NES one and while the build quality isn't great it makes emulation 1000% better.)

If Nintendo made USB controllers, it would basically be an endorsement of emulation. It's not going to happen. Plus, official Wii Classic controllers in the shape of SNES controllers are a thing, look it up.
>>
This seems like a good place to ask this since its topical: where can I find a well made S/NES USB controller? The cheapo one I had crapped out long ago. On the other hand I have a cheap USB N64 controller that works pretty damn well for what I paid for it
>>
any of you faggots tried this one? http://www.gearbest.com/mice-keyboards/pp_261728.html

is d pad decent?
>>
>>3100056
stick with mayflash
>>
>>3100056
For USB controllers, the Buffalo SNES controller is decent, and 8BitDo make SNES controllers that rival the original Nintendo ones. The 8BitDo one is mainly a Bluetooth controller though, but can be connected with USB if needed.

>>3100145
Those are hot garbage. Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>3100321
>8BitDo

These are neat.

Are there any high quality USB Gamecube controllers?
>>
The japanese buffalo controller is AMAZING.
>>
File: segausb.jpg (303 KB, 1000x758) Image search: [Google]
segausb.jpg
303 KB, 1000x758
>>3099932
>Why don't Nintendo or other companies make their own USB reproduction controllers?
What?
>>
>>3099932
If Nintendo did it that means they would have to make sure it actually works and they can't even make the GC adapter work for other games
>>
>>3100160
raphnet is better.
>>
>>3100321
iirc, didn't Buffalo get the official rights to replicate the design? I could be wrong desu...

But yeah, the USB controllers are pretty cool.
I have the famicom one here and it's fun to use it.
>>
>>3099932

NES and SNES amiibos when?
>>
>>3100849

That would be great if Sega controllers weren't always fucking horrible.

Personally I just use a USB adapter and a PS2 controller. The layout works for everything, they're cheap and widely available, they are built sturdily, and had the best d-pad/buttons of any controller ever designed.
>>
>>3102670
>That would be great if Sega controllers weren't always fucking horrible.

You're underage as fuck. Saturn controller is quite possibly the best ever made.
>>
>>3102683

Seriously?

Which one of us is underage is yo don't even know what a horrible piece of loose, uncomfortable crap the Saturn controller was.

I played Tiger handhelds that felt nicer. Sega made great consoles, but shit controllers, we just didn't know any better at the time.
>>
>>3102693
I thought the meme was that the saturn pad was the comfiest thing ever made.
>>
>>3100439
Nintendo still makes both GC controllers and a 4 port USB adapter, no shoddy knockoff will come close to that.
>>
>>3100849
Shame about that d-pad
>>
I made a big rant once about how Nintendo ought to do retro USB gamepads as well as a peripheral for NX/some future console that would have input for cartridges from NES through classic DS. Basically you'd buy this thing for sixty bucks or something, then any cartridge you put in it could be read by the console and run through their in-house emulators (the ones used for VC on wii/wiiu).

Bonus points if you could register the device to a Nintendo account and redeem all your physical games for virtual copies. Wouldn't erase them or anything, but would give you an additional digital copy tied to your Nintendo account. They're pushing to mobile platforms in 2016 onward so it's likely they could develop official emulators for mobile and do cloud saves. Maybe even netplay with emulated controller ports a la Dolphin.

If they did it that way they could get away with jacking up the price on the device a bit more as a general "licensing fee" to offset whatever miniscule cartridge sharing would go on.
>>
>>3102693
Hi, not him.

>Loose, uncomfortable

I can somewhat agree with the "looseness", but I feel that's a positive. It has the perfect amount of pressure needed to press, personally. But that's just me.

What's uncomfortable about it?
>>
>>3103479
What about a Netflix-esque subscription service?
>$8/mo
>six gens of console
>cross-platform NX/PC/mobile
>netplay w/ matchmaking, cloud saves
>Twitch/streaming support for attention whores

only thing they'd have to do is get licenses for the fucking million titles they've released on their platform over the years
>>
>>3103528
This is my dream. I bet Sega would make a killing if they made a new Sega Channel (esp. considering if old developers are willing to take gratuities on the games available). You could even sell them as a permanent downloads, and have games cycle like it used to.

Oh, and something similar for Nintendo as well, of course.
>>
>>3102670
congratulations, you're retarded
>>
>>3103495

I guess the loosenessis a personal thing, I like to have a very definite tactile feedback when I press a button, that "bump" you feel when it goes over the point of being pressed. I've never played a Saturn/Genesis that had that, the buttons just seem to rattle around in the hole.

As for comfort, I can't see how it possibly is comfy. The way it fits in your hand forces your thumb to an awkward angle. It's not intolerable, after all NES/SNES are basically just flat boards with buttons on the front, not exactly what I'd call ergonomic.

I don't think any manufacturer really got controllers really right until the Dual Shock.The first PS1 pad was OK, the Dual Analog was kind of weird, but the Dual Shock must have just been designed during a planetary alignment or something. It feels weighty, solid, comfortable, and responsive.

But anyway that's just, like, my opinion, man.
>>
Lets start with a decent controller strategy for the WiiU / NX before we start jumping to their /vr/ controllers.

GameCube controller adapter that only works with a single game? And *not* the gamecube game ports that they keep releasing? ok...
>>
>>3102670
retard confirmed
>>
>>3100439
the official WiiU gamecube adapter has USB and 4 ports on it. Dolphin auto detects it like a boss too, never had to configure controls. i have read that the knock off 4ports work just as well
>>
>>3100849
I WANT THEM
>>
File: 1459262747139.jpg (11 KB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
1459262747139.jpg
11 KB, 250x167
>>3099932
>Why don't Nintenjews make something that makes it easier to play their free emulated games?

I dunno op.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.