[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
May we have a nice little TA thread, /vr/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: fiic.jpg (57 KB, 421x412) Image search: [Google]
fiic.jpg
57 KB, 421x412
May we have a nice little TA thread, /vr/?
>>
Why play this shit when Brood War is hundreds of times better?
>>
>>3098368
Why play Super Mario World when Sonic 2 is hundreds of times better?
>>
is it just me sucking at RTS or is the single-player campaign in this game fucking hard as hell
>>
>Yerrot Mountains with 8 players

Don't try this at home.
>>
>>3098368
Because nobody knows what that game is.
>>
>>3098482
>nobody knows what Starcraft is

Back to /v/, please.
>>
>>3098368
Why play Brood War shit when chess is hundreds of times better?

back to your hugbox
>>
>>3098489
Not him, but I didn't know that either. Probably because Starcraft is esports garbage that I don't pay any attention to.
>>
I never did like those maps like Over Crude Water because the AI tends to get stuck on them.
>>
>>3098342
beautiful game. there was a realism mod that made the robots into grunts, tanks, and fighter bombers. was very cool.
>>
>>3098489
starcraft has a confined feeling that TA does not have. In TA you have more operational decisions to make in larger maps. the art and graphcis look better than blizzards as well. I never played TA in multiplayer but it would be alot better than the cartoonish brood wars.
>>
>>3098342
Had a lot of fun with this game back in the 90s. Lost our copy unfortunately so I had to rebuy it on GOG. Good thing it's cheap go get nowadays.
>>
>>3099303
>paying for games this old
Just download the dang ISO somewhere.
>>
Metal maps seem fun to newbie players but then you realize they're just a cheap way to win.
>>
Only negative thing about it is that it's pretty boring to play vs the AI. I never got to play it in MP but it seems that would have been amazingly fun.

What's TA:Kingdoms like anyway?
>>
>>3100213
>multiplayer
>fun
You won't say that once the assholes zerg rush you with 450 Flashes.
>>
Not a big fan of watery maps. They take forever to beat and your commander usually has nowhere to hide for safety.
>>
>>3099287
>realism mod
3DPD and humans are disgusting.
>>
Best maps are the ones like Greenhaven which are an open free-for-all but not so ungodly huge.
>>
File: Ärgsplörgls.jpg (6 KB, 240x190) Image search: [Google]
Ärgsplörgls.jpg
6 KB, 240x190
>LAN party
>2 friends couldn't beat me without abusing multiple nukes
Every single time.
>>
>>3100213
>What's TA:Kingdoms like anyway?

It's very weird.
>>
>>3098342
Loved this game soooo much. Completing construction of a Krogoth was satisfying af. I was expecting big things from Supreme Commander, but it didn't come close. This game is OG.
>>
>>3098390
The campaigns aren't that bad, but I found 90% of the missions were 'just kill the enemy base' with different maps and unit availability.

Campaign basically sucks balls. You might as well just play skirmishes.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.