[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've always wondered; is there any sort of strategy to fighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: bear2.jpg (77 KB, 930x540) Image search: [Google]
bear2.jpg
77 KB, 930x540
I've always wondered; is there any sort of strategy to fighting arcade beat'em up bosses? No matter what they also seem to eat your quarters.
>>
>>3097918
Tons of strategies. Depends on the game though. Konami 4-player HBSAGs (horizontal belt-scrolling action games) on the other hand are notorious for being button-mashy. Pick up some Capcom HBSAGs and you'll see that you need strategy and skill to beat bosses without dying.
>>
>get below the boss
>inch upwards while attacking
>repeat

This is the strategy for 99% of these bosses. You'll still die repeatedly because most of these arcade games aren't meant to be fair, they're meant to turn a profit.
>>
Yes more quarters
>>
>Stay below boss
>attack and wait for him to walk into your punches

this is about as good as strategy gets, when bosses get up they usually have a wake up attack that hits in a wide area so back off after knocking them down,some bosses also have random wide attacks. Magneto in the X-men arcade game is a particularly good example as many of his attacks hit in large areas around him and he can do all of them without warning.
>>
File: 1455912221691.jpg (2 MB, 3538x3424) Image search: [Google]
1455912221691.jpg
2 MB, 3538x3424
>>3097918
>I have Sunset Riders but still haven't beaten it...
>>
search simpsons 1cc on youtube, was it that hard anon
>>
>>3097981

> they're meant to turn a profit

> which is why they're more fun
>>
I saw this exact same thread like a month ago.. Wtf?
>>
>>3098541
>a month ago

NOT RETRO
>>
>>3097981
Depending on the game. Some bosses are better hit with jump kicks, instead. Most bosses have a wakeup attack after they get knocked down, so you want to retreat a bit so you don't get hit.

Like >>3097929 said though, Capcom brawlers are the ones where you're more likely supposed to figure out a unique pattern or strategy for each boss.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.