[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOSBox Issue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I picked up a DOS CD-ROM full of 25 classic games at a thrift store for $2, I'm trying to run it in DOSBox but I can't get further than the DIR command. When I type in DIR I get the "." And ".." directories but nothing else. I know there should be a directory that would allow me to run the game. And yes, I have the correct drive mounted.

Pic related, the instruction manual.
>>
File: DOSBox issue.jpg (79 KB, 654x439) Image search: [Google]
DOSBox issue.jpg
79 KB, 654x439
Pic related is as far as I get.
>>
>>3097194
What does the directory look like outside of dosbox on your host?
>>
What's in the directory?

Open it up via Windows so we can see what files are in there...
>>
you need to mount the game directory to get it to work
command line should look like this
mount *directory path here* c:
then type c: and press enter

Alternatively, just drag and drop the game or installation executable on top of the Dosbox icon and it should mount automatically for you.
>>
>>3097194
Did you try the second bullet point?
>>
>>3097220
I have a folder saved as "25 Games" on my C: drive, I copied and pasted the D: drive into the folder and it created a shortcut. I'm not sure if that is what you were asking or not.
>>
>>3097212
Maybe get a directory of the CD?
>>
>>3097212
>C:\>dir
Wouldn't that be your dosbox "harddrive"?
I think you need to change to your D: drive.
>>
>>3097231
>Alternatively, just drag and drop the game or installation executable on top of the Dosbox icon and it should mount automatically for you.
This worked. Thanks a bunch.
>>
File: More issues.jpg (326 KB, 654x1315) Image search: [Google]
More issues.jpg
326 KB, 654x1315
Well, it almost worked except I get the error at bottom whenever I try to launch a game. I don't know how to delete a file in DOSBox.
>>
>>3097278
Try to copy everything in the cd to your hd, go into file properties and disable read only mode?
>>
>>3097284
This worked, thanks.
>>
>>3097241
>Wouldn't that be your dosbox "harddrive"?
>I think you need to change to your D: drive.
This here. You mounted the game as D:, then did the DIR command on C:, what were you expecting?
>>
>>3098258
I don't know shit about DOS or DOSBox m8.
>>
>>3098295
Post a list of the games!
>>
>>3097278
that image gets trippy when i scrolled the browser
>>
>>3097236
>I copied and pasted the D: drive into the folder and it created a shortcut. I
Oh my fedora! You're a fucking retarded hipster!!! Get >>>/out/ !!!
>>
>>3097194
>Cellphone image
>3K x 2K
Fuck it must be summerfags.
>>
>>3097194
>>3097212
>>3097236
>>3098295
Fuck off. And kill you mother, sisters, your waifu. You summerfags should never reproduce. Then ship your self the syrian front. Shalom!
>>
>>3097234
He didn't even do the first.

Seriously, the intructions are right there in the OP picture. Literally RTFM, OP.
I'll be nice and point out that the 'xcopy' command won't work in Dosbox, though. Just substitute that with a regular 'copy'. No excuse for any other problems considering you had the instructions before you posted the thread.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.