[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you played the game on an emulator you haven't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: 1412203773259.jpg (8 KB, 476x357) Image search: [Google]
1412203773259.jpg
8 KB, 476x357
If you played the game on an emulator you haven't really played the game.
>>
>>3096392
Including yourself?
>>
>>3096376
ok
>>
I don't disagree, but this is a pointless troll thread.
>>
>>3096376
>>>/v/
>>
NES is just a clone of Famicom
>>
what did I play then?
>>
I disagree, but this is a pointless troll thread.
>>
If you spend 250$ to buy a game and the machine required to play it, you hava played to game for real.
And are an idiot for spending that much money for a 20 years old game. A good game sure, but never worth that much money.

Just use a CRT filter with retroarch, don't use save state except to avoid loading screen and you are good.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>3097120
>don't use save state
Didn't you know Anon? Anyone who has ever beaten a game on an emulator did it with save states. They're like, built in or some shit.
>>
>>3097141
Use it or not. I don't care.
I use them sometimes, sometimes not.

If you need to save each step into the game, it is better to not play it at all. I personnaly get no pleasure in Ghost And Ghost savescumming every 10s.
So I play something else.
It is not like I payed 100$ to get an overpriced game AND I feel compeled to finish because if I don't I would have wasted my money.

Concidering the pics realted on your post, e-cleb use savestate, obviously. THey want to show the game and must of them would be stuck half ways to the end. And they need to see the end to make the same fucking joke each time where they says the end is shit. Of course the end is shit. An NES would display an amazing ending with cinematic and shit. The game end, game over.
>>
>>3097181
My post was making fun of the Cinemassacre crew.

There are plenty of times where they say things like "you haven't beaten a game in an emulator because you have save states."

Most people realize that saves are just an option and best used sparingly. But some people have never used an emulator and decide to spew their opinions about it to an audience of millions.
>>
emulators killed retro gaming. any dumb kid can emulate retro games. only mature adults can buy retro games
>>
>emulators killed retro
>retro kept alive by ports

still bugs me I can't play half life mods because most of them are for the steam version and I got the box set on disk...

and you probably have OCD.
>>
>>3097225
This board is proof otherwise. Plenty of dumb kids buying.
>>
>>3097225
People who buy retro games tend to be blinded by nostalgia and post purchase rationalization.

Playing a game on an emulator for free is an unbiased way to experience the game for what it is.
>>
>>3097225
>emulators killed retro gaming. any dumb kid can emulate retro games. only mature adults can buy retro games

I must say, the irony of someone implying they're a mature adult while acting and writing like a bratty child is quite amusing.
>>
Are all used game shops closed today? It seems the resellers have turned out in full force today to shitpost
>>
>>3097225
why would you buy something for a retro console when not a single person involved in its creation gets any of the money and you're paying significantly more than when it was released? i only buy retro games when they're cheap, if they're crazy expensive i just emulate it on my wii and play it with a gamecube controller. still a good time and i don't spend a million dollars.
>>
>>3096376
I disagree with your opinion.
>>
>>3097896
Oh, come on?! What's wrong with this tablet?
>>
>>3097753
Guess you don't love games.
>>
>>3097860
I agree with you.
>>
>>3096376
If you beat a game with save states, you didn't really beat the game
>>
>>3096376
If i played it on a flashcart?
>>
There's a reason the people that rave about emulators don't play many games. Emulation is an inferior, empty experience. There's no way to emulate couchfeel.
>>
>>3098903
The only true statement in this thread
>>
>>3098903
>if you ate pizza with a fork you didn't really eat it.
May be fucking retarded to do but doesn't change the fact that the pizza got eaten and the game got beat.
>>
everytime the bait is worse and worse
>>
What do you guys think about this situation? In some games like Batman for NES, no matter how many times you game over, you will start again at the beginning of the last non-boss level. So as long as you don't turn off your console, you never have to replay earlier areas. If you only use savestates at the beginning of a non-boss level so that you can close the emulator/turn off your computer, did you still beat the game validly?

Also how about the original Metroid, where every time you die/load your health is super-low and you have to take a shitton of time grinding? If you only make a savestate at a spawnpoint, is that valid? (Alternatively, you can save an energy tank until right before the final boss, so if you die you can reload and grab the tank again for full health, but I'm just asking for the sake of argument.)
>>
Sure is buyer's remorse ITT.
>>
>>3098949
>couchfeel
The fedora limits are off the charts.
>>
>>3098949

>people that rave about emulators don't play many games

Got any proof of this? If anything, collector types are the ones who tend to spend tons of money on old games that they never play.

>There's no way to emulate couchfeel.

You know, except for plugging in a controller, linking your computer to your TV with a HDMI cable and playing on the couch. Or emulating on a softmodded Wii. Or using an everdrive or something like that on the original hardware (still technically emulation). Or sitting on a couch while you play your modded PSP or smartphone with controller peripheral.
>>
>>3098949
>There's no way to emulate couchfeel.

This is the real difference. Emulator players are just interested in playing the actual game, hardware fags are all about nostalgia and feeling like a kid on a couch.
>>
Can a janitor/mod explain why it's necessary to keep this thread here?
>>
>>3099509
Nope.

Welcome to 4chan, enjoy your stay.

You can never leave
>>
>>3099502
I fell like a kid on my couch when i use a fake nes pad and play some Megaman 3 on retroarch with crt shaders.
>>
>>3099605
A poor black kid giving fleas to a couch abandoned on a ghetto street corner,
>>
File: 1412203773259.png (59 KB, 476x357) Image search: [Google]
1412203773259.png
59 KB, 476x357
If you didn't play the game back when it was originally released you haven't really played the game.
>>
>>3097243
>doesn't use steam
>he thinks he's a real gamer
laughingwomyn.jpg.exe
>>
If you haven't played the game on a modern console or steam with all achievements unlocked then you haven't really played the game >:^)
>>
The only reason to make that argument is to assert your superiority and purity over people who can't play games on original hardware (which will be almost everyone in a few decades).
>>
File: 1457260371025.png (550 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
1457260371025.png
550 KB, 500x651
>>3099254
>eating a pizza is a challenge
>>
>>3099856
We get it, you think you're superior because you got ripped off buying the original hardware.
>>
>>3099254
>Eating a pizza with a fork is a fucking retarded thing to do.
>Getting your fingers and lips covered in grease and dealing with cheese strings.
>>
>>3099927
But, the game ROM is still the same as it always was.
>>
>>3096376
I think what you were trying to say is that if you play a game on an emulator you are not playing the game as it was intended to be played, although that doesn't mean that your experience of the game is illegitimate, especially with games that were released years ago.
>>
File: Trollface.png (129 KB, 2400x2239) Image search: [Google]
Trollface.png
129 KB, 2400x2239
>practice game on emulator
>whoop OP's ass on hardware
>"wow you must play this a lot"
>actually this is my first time playing it!
>pic related
>>
File: 1459132358498.png (671 KB, 575x803) Image search: [Google]
1459132358498.png
671 KB, 575x803
>>3096376
>a fucking used and worn copy of super metroid cost $60

Yeah fuck that, ill just download free roms onto my pc instead of paying outrageous money for a rom on a cart.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.