[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I want to play this game again after a long 14 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: chameleon twist 2.jpg (54 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
chameleon twist 2.jpg
54 KB, 500x346
I think I want to play this game again after a long 14 years of even thinking about it. What am I in for? Should I play them sequentially?
>>
So average it hurts but the mechanics are pretty unique. US character design >>> JP design.
>>
I remember I rented the first one from Blockbuster in beat in in about an hour.
>>
>>3095952
Don't you unlock the real last level by collecting the crowns?
>>
I never knew there was a second game.
>>
>>3096443
Second game is so much better.
>>
>>3098228

This.

The parasol floating and the improved tongue control really make the first one look weak in comparison.
>>
Playing 1 for the first time right now. These ants are fucking annoying, but I enjoy the level design. BGM is fun too
>>
>>3098228
The first one is like a prototype, the second one is truly fleshed out with good gameplay.

Anyone else feel like these games are what Ristar: The Shooting Star would have been like in 3D?
>>
>>3095949
It´s like the mario galaxy yoshi segments.
Pritty good
>>
This was easily the best of the Gex trilogy.

Loved it.
>>
>fuck you I liked it: The Game

I don't know why I have SUCH a fondness for these two, they really are kind of hard to praise especially in comparison to other 3D platformers, but damn if they're not just...cozy, I guess.
>>
>>3100858
kek
>>3100904
They're quintessentially rental titles. But as far as 5th gen rental titles go, they're pretty top tier.
>>
I have the original, never played the sequel. Perhaps I will.
>>
Well this isn't really related but it's N64 and I don't feel like starting a new thread.

What should I expect from Donkey Kong 64?
>>
>>3101151
Banjo Kazooie.
>>
>>3101159
In maximum over-collect.

I love it personally. No game better to get baked and just explore for hours.
>>
OK so I'm on the toy level. The game is relatively easy, but I just really appreciate the tounge pull in/ around the world mechanic. I think if we want to save platofrmers, we need mechanics as original and balanced as this. Only qualm is sometimes getting the twist to go in the direction you want is hard. Also, CT1 characters in now way but the tounge resemble actual chameleons.
>>
>>3101151
Classic Rare style but...something missing. It doesn't feature the varied cast of Conker and Banjo...any character of the ape ensemble or the Kremling Krew are fucking creepy and lifeless.

Music is definitely not as strong as Banjo. Much more repetitive.

Gameplay is meh. Platforming can be interesting because each characters have odd specifics about their movements. DK can get some impressive distance with his roll + jump + attack. Goals in the game are all arbitrary, different shaped keys.

Probably won't hold your interest as an adult. I'd recommend looking up some glitches beforehand. DK64 is an odd game with odd glitches.
>>
File: big wheel.png (58 KB, 156x148) Image search: [Google]
big wheel.png
58 KB, 156x148
>those ice cream sandwich enemies
yeaaaaa
>>
Bump?
>>
>>3106119
I got punished at a day-camp for talking about "Fried Octopus Balls" after reading the manual for CT2.
>>
File: chameleon twist enemies.png (504 KB, 450x645) Image search: [Google]
chameleon twist enemies.png
504 KB, 450x645
>>3106119
>>3109835
>>
>>3110085
>everybody loves a choco kid
C-KEK.
>>
File: Qrrbrbirlbel.png (46 KB, 273x299) Image search: [Google]
Qrrbrbirlbel.png
46 KB, 273x299
>>3110085

ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG
>>
>>3110085
Why does he spit out the ones that are food? God I would just swallow them, eyes and organs and souls and all...
>>
File: CNwUp3kVAAAQ1p1.jpg (28 KB, 442x472) Image search: [Google]
CNwUp3kVAAAQ1p1.jpg
28 KB, 442x472
>>3110085
>>3110128
>>
File: 306432_front.jpg (117 KB, 640x734) Image search: [Google]
306432_front.jpg
117 KB, 640x734
>>3095949
If you like Chameleon Twist I recommend Bound High and Chalvo 55 by the same company.

http://smg.ams.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/~nakanishi/hn_designs_j.html
The programmers site is really interesting. Apparently he is a professor at Osaka University.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.