[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your /vr/ goals for this year? I saw another anon post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
File: goals.jpg (208 KB, 1000x657) Image search: [Google]
goals.jpg
208 KB, 1000x657
What are your /vr/ goals for this year?

I saw another anon post something like beating all the games he couldn't beat as a kid so it got me thinking what I should focus on this year. I'm going to try to wrap up some games from classic series I failed to ever get around to, tie up loose ends you know.

I got like three Mega Mans left I could realistically beat. I've beaten the NES Ninja Gaiden trilogy but never the SMS one, so I'll wrap that up. I want to beat the Genesis Ghouls and Ghosts since I finished the NES one years ago but didn't have the energy for the sequel at the time.
>>
>>3095262
In terms of gaming and related to games:

>1CC Sunset Riders and Metal Slug
>Work hard to get content on my youtube channel
>Play more games from genres I'm less comfortable with
>Beat more games than I did last year (something like 65)
>>
>What are your /vr/ goals for this year?

Watch and laugh as the video game prices keep going up.

Maybe make fun of the palkids a bit.
>>
I just need to start clearing out my backlog of games I actually own.
>>
Not kill myself. Doing pretty good so far.
>>
Quit my shitty (but well paying) corporate job
Break up with my live-in girlfriend
Buy flashcarts
Mod my 2600jr since there's too much noose over rf
Get into the game gear library since i was a game boy babby
>>
Get an oscilloscope and a better soldering station.
>>
Just to start building a decent retro collection. I emulated a lot of games for a long time and just recently started buying controllers/games/cords for my PS1, N64 and Sega Genesis.
>>
I want to go through all of the Mario games and spin offs that I've never played before.
>>
1cc some of my mame backlog
>>
>>3095262
>What are your /vr/ goals for this year?
pwn retards on /vr/
>>
get a famicom disk system
>>
>>3095678
>>
I'm going to finally finish Jet Force Gemini. Fucking tribals.
>>
File: 1253035149600.jpg (27 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
1253035149600.jpg
27 KB, 500x355
Beat or at least play extensively though most great/notable games and classics released between 1991 and 1994. I'm almost done with 1991.

While I'm at it: finally get around to beating the first System Shock which I've yet to do. Any tips from someone who's played the game?

Try out most other games from that same period.

Reformat my computer so I can turn it from a slow, bloated, disorganized mess to something proper that can cleanly play and emulate everything.

Get my PC Engine Duo repaired.
>>
>>3095262
Finish my console collection
Emphasis on my, all I need is Atari 2600 and an N64 and I'm good. Flashcarts for both as well.

Not exclusively vr but I want to finish atleast 2 games a month
>>
Instead of improving yourself you're making video game goal lists? lol.
>>
File: RangerX004.gif (183 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
RangerX004.gif
183 KB, 320x224
>>3095262
1: Find new game I like, play it to death till I'm bored
2: Find next game I like, play it to death till I'm bored
3: Find next game I like, play it to death till I'm bored

So, pretty much the same as every year.
>>
I wanted to 1cc Splatterhouse and I did that so I'm taking the rest of the year off
>>
>finish making my SNES game, look into burning it to a cart
>regularly start playing games during summer break, not just for an hour every couple days
>beat some Nintendo Hard classic, like Ninja Gaiden or Zelda II
>play more Playstation stuff
>>
>>3095467
my nigga. we got this year, hang in there man.

trying to go through a lot of games and series I played a bit of but never beat as a kid. Going through the Soul Blazer trilogy right now. Finished SB in a couple of days, gonna start IoG in a couple weeks after this fuckton of exams are done with and waiting on my SD2SNES for my Terranigma replay.
>>
>>3095262
I just purchased a refurbished DS Lite. Got an Acekard too, so now I can play all NES, GB/GBC, Genesis, Master system, and game gear games I want.

For my goals, I need to get my PSP to a state where I can play PSX iso files, and find something that can run SNES roms in a portable fashion. Handheld is a must for me, and I'm also a cheap bastard.. gonna be hard to find I think.
>>
>>3095262
Find any remaining cheap good/decent vidya I can scrap up at my local flea market, garage sales, and thifts.
Beat as many games as possible
Get a new shelf
>>
>>3095262
I'll be going for a marathon of obscure 16-bit games, starting by the SNES, then the Mega Drive and finishing with the TG-16. Hope I can find some hidden gem or at least anything I can spend some time with.
>>
>>3096758
Why obscure ones specifically?
>>
>>3096760
I've already played the most famous games and a great part of their libraries, so now I want to expand my experience with these machines. The 16-bit gen is by far my favorite.
>>
File: 1372136666054.jpg (137 KB, 700x443) Image search: [Google]
1372136666054.jpg
137 KB, 700x443
>>3096496

You say that like the two are mutually exclusive. Also why are you saying this on a gaming board?

>lol.
>>>/rebbit/
>>>/youtube/
>>
>>3096775
16 bit is probably my favorite as well, have a blast!
>>
Learn a new speedgame and hopefully get an ok time in it.
>>
>>3095262
Hunt for cheaper, rarer consoles and games. I know there are some stores here that sell cheaper games and consoles, so I'll go there first. If they don't have the stuff I need, I'll just usually go to craigslist or ebay and buy it.
Although I hate how the prices keep going up and up and up, and the prices end up making me emulate the games.
I've been hunting down the Sharp x68000 for quite some time, but the latest eBay listing goes for $3,300 smackeroos!
>>
I've never had goals when it comes to my hobbies. It's just pure recreational fun for me, that's all.
>>
1.- Buying an arcade stick
2.- going to an arcade with friends (if we find one)
3.- setting up a raspberry pi inside my broken master system
>>
File: not my collection(1).jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
not my collection(1).jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>3095262
1.Beat BoF 2
2.Buy more handheld and handheld games(GB,GG,NEOGEO POCKET)
3.Start to work on my any% speedrun for Wario Land 2

Nothing special.
>>
Learning to hide gay threads like this that don't belong on /vr/
>>
>>3095262
Continue enjoying vidya without setting any silly aspie goals.
>>
>>3095678
>>3095698
Sure is samefag in here.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 640x452
>buy a SNES
>finish my SMS library
>regionmod my childhood PS1 for them sweet NTSC

IRL:
>get a job
>go to college
>don't kill myself
>>
File: ayyyy.jpg (80 KB, 450x405) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.jpg
80 KB, 450x405
>1. Never look up anything in games ever again
With the exception of ridiculously obscure secrets that don't affect the basic game, I've decided to no longer look to guides or wikis in games anymore. Despite being pretty good on not optimizing my playthroughs, I'd sometimes justify looking things up by saying it'll save me time or whatnot but lately I realized it takes all the mystery away and pokes holes in my interest of playing a game. I even want to curb asking specific advice from friends if I can.
>2. Get into flash carts
I have most older systems that flash carts have been developed more, and I do have a CRT television I stopped using so for the most part I want to put it all together.
>3. emulate more
sounds redundant after my second point but I really have to put newly made games on hold, my faith in the industry has been so shot down lately, and it sucks when there's so many great games I could already play. Plus I'm poor so no need to break the bank on games new games I don't really want to play vs. old games I really do want to play.
>>
>>3099576
>1. Never look up anything in games ever again

This is an excellent one. I find games are so much more fun when I don't know exactly what to expect. Exploring and figuring out the game is so much of the fun.
>>
>>3099639
>>3099576
I tend to avoid guides unless absolutely necessary. I find some games to be fucking ridiculous. Trying to navigate the Snowfly forest in Vagrant story was a mess, even with the guide.
>>
>>3095262
1 pla gaem
2 fap alot
3 who know
>>
Get an arcade cabinet + board. I want to get a Sega Naomi and some carts, which is the easy part. The hard part is getting the correct I/O setup and one of those nice candy cabs.
>>
>>3099639
I'm just the opposite. I like to know what's coming so I can breeze through it like a boss. If I'm getting stuck and not progressing I feel like I'm wasting my time.
>>
File: 1374792953428.jpg (208 KB, 603x582) Image search: [Google]
1374792953428.jpg
208 KB, 603x582
>>3100483
>I don't like challenge
>I don't like discovery
>I don't like experimentation
>I don't like making my own way through the world instead of following a spreadsheet

I can understand if you just want to steamroll through your backlog and don't want to waste time, or if the game isn't that engaging, but I think a lot is lost in the process if that's how you play most games. Might as well watch a Let's Play.
>>
>>3100567
I never said any of that. I just don't like to get stuck at puzzles.
>>
File: 1374792824972.jpg (8 KB, 182x195) Image search: [Google]
1374792824972.jpg
8 KB, 182x195
>>3100613

You said you like to know what's coming so you can breeze though everything. So you're implying that you prefer the gratification of progressing though the game without any inconvenience over personal experimentation and discovery.

Also you value the feeling of beating something (puzzles, etc.) regardless of how you did it (this can include cheating and looking up solutions) more than the feeling of being challenged and learning how to overcome something on your own. So you prefer seamlessly progressing without wasting time over challenge.

Maybe you actually like those elements, but if you're just following a guide so you can know what's coming through the entire game and never ever get stuck, you will lose out on them.
>>
>>3096550
>hang in there man.

Probably not the best thing to say to someone suicidal.
>>
>>3095292
Only worthwhile post ITT
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.