[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MEAN MACHINE! Road Rash appreciation thread. Whats your fav
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Ml9xg.jpg (141 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Ml9xg.jpg
141 KB, 500x375
MEAN MACHINE!

Road Rash appreciation thread. Whats your favorite of the series?

Also thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjb7UD7jPqM
>>
>>3095002
Road Rash II Mega Drive is the best IMO
>>
Road Rash 64 doesn't have the best graphics but it's the most fun to play
>>
File: roadrash-dos-hd3.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
roadrash-dos-hd3.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1440
>>3095002
I played the DOS version when I was a kid. Haven't played it in years though. Gonna get the PlayStation version so I can play this game once again.
>>
Road Rash 1 on Sega Genesis.
>>
>not playing Super Hang-on instead
>>
>>3095402
fuck off
>>
>>3095484
>can't argue
>resorts to hostility instead
Concession accepted.
>>
File: Glide64_ROAD_RASH_64_143.png (98 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Glide64_ROAD_RASH_64_143.png
98 KB, 640x480
dump pics ok
>>
>>3095525
you didn't make any arguments for them to address you sperglord
>>
File: Glide64_ROAD_RASH_64_134.png (85 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Glide64_ROAD_RASH_64_134.png
85 KB, 640x480
>>3095402
no combat though
>>
>>3095525
Theres nothing wrong with Super-Hang on. Its a completely fine game in fact. But if you havent noticed this is a thread appreciating Road Rash. So technically you provoked hostility with your initial reply.
>>
>>3095023
I agree. Especially the low rank races with the massive biker cluster fuck. It has the best balance between racing and combat, though I still love the Genesis games as well.
>>
Road Rash 2 is still my fav of them, so many fond memories. Haven't played much of the 32-bit RR (and the SCD equivalent) but it is good stuff.

The GBA version of Jailbreak is an underrated one IMO; while it does deviate from the Road Rash formula a bit in places (powerups?) it's more true to the classics than the actual Jailbreak was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe10f7chjbo

I've recently started appreciating 64 too. It's not up to the level of the classics, but it's a much better 3D adaptation of the series than 3D and Jailbreak were. Also the massive bike clusterfucks are always amusing.
>>
>>3095002
>these are the same guys who did "someday", "fly", and "every morning"
>>
File: Glide64_ROAD_RASH_64_88.png (124 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Glide64_ROAD_RASH_64_88.png
124 KB, 640x480
idk why but for some reason i can never get epsxe to work with road rash 3d for some reason
>>
>>3095002
holy shit i remember hearing this song in 94-95, searching it for ages, but the video i saw had an Egypt/gwar theme. Has anyone seen this other video?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.